It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Embassy's Quietly Told to Buy Local Currencies!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Apart from the survival stuff, everyone must get into a good place psychologically to deal with the coming turmoil. I do believe the death of the dollar is imminent. Start living simply NOW. It's really a good way to live anyway.

No one can predict exactly how this is all going to play out but just be prepared for change. There will be people who will freak out and cause chaos but there will also be a "coming together" of local neighbourhoods and families and that's good. Instead of just thinking of how you are going to get through it, try to imagine what skills you can bring to your community that will need all the help it can get.

If you are going to buy seed, get the heritage (non-hybrid) kind so the seeds can be harvested year after year. Most of the seeds you buy today are engineered so they're no good the next year.

Live in the city? Figure out somewhere to go if things get bad. Any relatives with a farm?

It's not the end of the world but our society is in for some big changes. Like the pheonix rising from the ashes (recent crop circle?) it will all make us better people.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
US Embassies often allow people to pay for services in local currencies and dollars. Perhaps, if true, the Embassies are buying local currencies so that they're able to better "make change". You know what I mean?

State department Shill ???????????????????????????????

[edit on 25-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have noticed over the past 2 years a lot more "We buy your used gold" ads. I think that would be an indication that something big might happen. Jewelry is a currency in every language. So if something were to go down those who purchased your used or broken gold would most likely make profit.

You can never be too careful about the economy. The great depression took over 2 years to actually hit the economy. I am not saying that a depression like the one in 1929 is going to occur, just saying you can never be too careful.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

My relatives are morons. One of the tells me all you have to do for the swine flu is wash your hands. The other one says it's all a hoax.

God bless them, but the phone will be ringing off the hook when they get sick, but it will be too late.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by total newbie]

[edit on 25-6-2009 by total newbie]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by total newbie

My relatives are morons. One of the tells me all you have to do for the swine flu is wash your hands. The other one says it's all a hoax.

... the phone will be ringing off the hook when they get sick...

It shouldn't ring for too long.

Once the disease takes ahold they won't be able to talk anymore.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
reply to post by Rockpuck

Ok, and we are not actually seeing this in the outside world to many people .. they think thats it still rosy in the land of Milk and honey????? or the land of Limitless opportunities. ok let me get this straight you think if the dollar collapses or whatever, you think other places outside the US will fare any better or much worse?

Economically speaking, currencies do not need to collapse in order for a new currency to take over. This was the case in Europe, some of the oldest currencies in the World were replaced with the Euro through treaty alone. If some form of the Amero (A pan American currency) were in fact to take place, the switch would NOT require a collapse of the Dollar. In fact, logically speaking, it would require a collapse of the Peso and the Canadian Dollar, as the entire system would essentially be propped up by the American Dollar.

A Pan-American Dollar is NOT a bad thing.. but it is blatantly unconstitutional .. only Congress can create money, it's bad enough to have a Federal Reserve, but even a few founding fathers tossed around the idea of centralized banking. It is another thing to have an international entity printing the money, like in Europe.. though following the Euro model, I see several loop holes to get around the constitutional issues.

Why do people think an economic collapse is needed to switch the currency? I have no idea, it makes no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I will keep trying with them. It is a moral obligation. My 86 year old mother who lives in my house will survive. I will too.

Look at my signature. Take care.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Hey guys, I have noticed over the past 2 years a lot more "We buy your used gold" ads. I think that would be an indication that something big might happen. Jewelry is a currency in every language. So if something were to go down those who purchased your used or broken gold would most likely make profit.

You can never be too careful about the economy. The great depression took over 2 years to actually hit the economy. I am not saying that a depression like the one in 1929 is going to occur, just saying you can never be too careful.

No, it's just a scam to take advantage of people in desperate situations. The companies are built around folks who cannot pay their bills, and sell their jewelry in a last ditch effort to stay afloat. The company says "Record Gold prices" and pays a fraction of the value, smelts the Gold down and re-sells it into the market. Only one getting screwed is the Grandma who gave a life's worth of jewelry for pennies on the Dollar. Sadly, I have had to witness on more then one occasion people (always women) pawning their jewelry that they obviously had an emotional attachment to.. it was.. disturbing.

[edit on 6/25/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by slicely

"Guys, how long are you going to listen to Denninger's fear mongering lies? "

YUP....you got that right. He scares me more than the government I'm sorry to say. My bet is that he works (indirectly) or is associated somehow with either the government or banks. Very unusual activity at his site, only certain opinions excepted, and market calls that never seem to pan out except for the obvious ones.

The best you can do is process the information you get based on common sense and reality checks. Everyone is talking their book, and will tell you what they want you to believe.

Trust your family, close friends and neighbors. No more than that. Much of the data from stock blogs are phony and rehearsed. Believe me, I know...I've seen hundreds and have called their bluff many times.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hi people, i'm Argentinian and for the way the thread went i can tell you what happened in my country, nearly 2001/2002 was devastating.

If i knew like i know today what the consecuences were, take for granted that i'll be buying gold, stocking food, selling everything i can now to buy more gold, and expect for a long economic winter, like the one we had here in Argentina.
It was everthing planned, the government even stole 23.000 millon dollars in cash from our central banks in 24 armored trucks, after making a debt exchange with a lot of companies(media, finnancial, global companies,etc)taking there debt in local money, told them to buy dollars, and after this they devaluated the argentinian peso for making profit, after what came to be known as Corralito, preventing peolple from taking there money from the banks, getting all the cash out from the streets.

It lasted for about 2 years where a lot of jobs were lost, you could buy anything for a penny, even cars, cause people were desperated to get something to go on, or to begin again.
It was hard but today things are a little bit fixed up(we are lending money to GM!!!!!) than were those days.
Here in my country we were used to this kind of economic manipulation, but if this happens in EEUU or world wide, for sure it would be catastrophic for the ones that were not prepared, even for the ones that knew about it
Gold is for sure a great to place to go if you have some bucks.

I hope this info is useful for someone.

Let the light guide you.... and forgive my grammatical mistakes

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hi, just wanted to thank those who answered my question I posed tp UMayBRite about guns. I'm a NY City boy and a law abiding citizen. This means, I cannot own and do not own a gun. So, I never thought of the feds coming after those with registered guns.
Anyway, thank you for the education.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Alright, so let's say I'm pretty much totally broke anyway. If the dollar crashes and everyone else gets poorer, does that mean I get richer?

Seriously though, this doomsday stuff gives me goosebumps sometimes. I feel like my bullcrap filter is getting clogged from working so much overtime. You can't trust msm financial reporting to tell you much more than if the stock markets went up or down and how can you trust these sources that supposedly have inside embassy information?

If I worked in an embassy and I wanted to tell the world I'd pick up the phone and dial 1800-NEWYORKTIMES.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

It indeed was an attempt at a half joke. The raiding and looting is in reference to a what if there is a total collapse, are basic services will be disrupted and if there is a bank holiday then you can guarantee that I wouldn’t be the only one looting.

As far as turning to violence I spent 6 years in the army 2001-2007, I am more then capable of getting things done with out dying (and it does help that I still have my body armor from my war days)

Until the day I signed up for this site I was very much asleep at the wheel. With things like our government wouldn’t lie to us etc. etc. etc.... But now that I am a wake I have all that "sleep debt" that still has to be taken care of. I know its my fault and no one else’s.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

I do have weapons and there a little more powerful then a .22 -). I do have a camper as well as a nicely stocked up camper up certain items such as propane and hunting camping materials. Now While I do have atleast a months suplly of food everything else comes up short and Family Dollar and Dollar Tree have become a good friend of mine._ Thanks for the advice.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

It indeed was an attempt at a half joke. The raiding and looting is in reference to a what if there is a total collapse, are basic services will be disrupted and if there is a bank holiday then you can guarantee that I wouldn’t be the only one looting.

As far as turning to violence I spent 6 years in the army 2001-2007, I am more then capable of getting things done with out dying (and it does help that I still have my body armor from my war days)

Until the day I signed up for this site I was very much asleep at the wheel. With things like our government wouldn’t lie to us etc. etc. etc.... But now that I am a wake I have all that "sleep debt" that still has to be taken care of. I know its my fault and no one else’s.

same here, for the most part a believer until after the service (2001-2003) and ever since then, my eyes are wide open...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Great, another unsubstantiated rumor from an undisclosed "source," with another lengthy timeline so that people can hold their breath for 6 months.

No thanks. I think I'll hold off on the panic until one of these shills can produce an actual source other than their 'own word.'

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Here is a direct link to his write up.

market-ticker.denninger.net...

The Schultz write up is here!

www.marketwatch.com...

No doubt, something is afoot! I see a bad moon on the rise...

This is what I have been warning about as one of the fallouts from
the 100's of trillions of derivatives scam.

1,000+ Trillion in derivatives set to collapse

This is one of the pieces of bitter fruit that will come from the
seeds that were sewn by the financial thieves.

I am just amazed they managed to hold it off as long as they have,
and that is mostly due to the fact that they hid it on the penny stock
market which is not SEC regulated, called the OTC market.

They have known for years that this was a potential disaster,
but kept playing the ponzi scheme of turning bad debts into derivatives
and masking the true value of stocks by having them dump their
debts and making them look better on the books so the stock value
would look better. Its 1929 all over again with a new pen and paper
scam to defraud the public once again.

Warren Buffet warned the world years ago

Even thou the warning came, the train wreck just kept on going.

Prepare accordingly.

Good Luck to you all !

I see my bugout going down in less than 120 days.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

And you had to go and make it all sensible...
by bringing up the debt issue.
You know people do not want to talk about that debt thing...
It is too factual, and no way out. You know...kind of like getting a
"thank you but no" letter from a loan application.

By the way, The Market Ticker link has changed and it can be found here:
market-ticker.denninger.net...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I've followed this economic page for a few years now and they're no BS.

They've calling for an out and out default of the US Government on its debt ,as well as describing the parallels between what recently occurred with Iceland and the similarities between the US and the UK as well.

This would also indicate to as why the Embassies are being told to not purchase the British Pound.

Anyone recall the UK's recent failed bond auctions ?
wow:

www.leap2020.eu...:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by UMayBRite!

What you pointed out, is what seems will take place. What are you referring to about Argentina? I vaguely remember a few things about a collapse in Finance and such.

Your plan on stocking up makes since but I am barely keeping my head above the water, how would you recommend people like me get buy? I know that once the system does collapse I will grab my weapon and raid the nearest Wal-Mart for food, clothes, water, and seeds to plant veggies in the spring. But, I live in the city (Cincinnati) I have no land to retreat to nor does anyone else in my family. I have 3 small girls and a wife who isn’t much of a help when it comes to raiding and looting, what would you recommend people like me do?

Save up food as best you can. BUT-- It's really kind of late now to do much of anything. Join the rest of America as they wake up one morning, and the banks are closed, and they all say at the same time "WTF". It's coming sports fans--and it anin't going to be long, and it ain't gonna be pretty.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join