It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Embassy's Quietly Told to Buy Local Currencies!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Those are some bold statements here. Maybe you'd care to share where you're getting this information from?

Look, I'm not saying any of that ISN'T possible, but I AM saying that its far less likely than you probably think. We've been "on the brink" for decades and have had plenty of ebb and flow in between.

I am definitely saying that guys like Carl Denninger are doing a great job of getting people scared for his own benefit. Not to mention making it hard for those that are trying to really do something, to be taken seriously.

I'm not scared, I'm pissed off. I'm sick of people taking a bad situation and blowing it out of the water. Denninger is at the top of that list. Rampant speculation treated as truth is hurting far more than helping and if were going to get anywhere we need to use our heads.

Common sense has become uncommon sense.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by slicely]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

rival, I think you hit the nail on the head - although I do not think the timeline for the Amero's implementation will be as far out as you propose.

No Fortune 500 business operates on the premise that its leader - along with the direction of the business - can change every 4 years. Yet most Americans think the direction [agenda] of our country, population >350 mil, operates this way. A concealed agenda has already been written, the steps already mapped out, and the players put in place. Throughout their term a President just has to sell their assigned agenda item to the masses - and get paid along the way. Most politicians are here to keep the masses riled up over social issues and bogged down with debating on who/what constitutes a "real" Democrat or Republican. Until EVERYONE can objectively look at actions by GW I, Clinton, GW II, Obama, etc and call "BS" when it pops up, we will always be sheeple. [My apologies, that is another thread, but I digress]

Make your friends and family aware of the Amero as many times as possible. Make them aware of the scripted screenplay called the NWO...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by slicely

One bio note about yours truly. In July, 2005 I publicly predicted the imminent destruction of New Orleans.

Now, I am out of the prediction business. Gerald Celente is one of my heroes.

This flu is going to get out of hand and except for the mercury in the vaccines, there is no scientific basis for their use on this. Mercury compounds for the flu are like chemo for cancer. LOL

Look down to my signature. Read it twice. Look it up. Take care.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

"You might want to report your guns stolen. Get your buddy to clean you out..."

UmayBRite!, if I had a gun, why would I want to report it stolen? Just curious. I'm trying to figure out how this would help in case of impending doom.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
good thread S$F i wonder if it is something economic or not ..who knows maybe something to do with this...

source
related thread

[edit on 25-6-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Poedsoldiervet,
I'm in the same sort of predicament. No children but i do have all my family here and I live in NY city. So, if this sort of thing happens I'm SOL. However, my friends and I have talked about this. Do the best you can with food. By cheap stuff like spaghetti which will keep you going and keep the bell full. Of course, buy water or a really good purifier. If you have friends who won't look at you like you're crazy when you mention this, make plans with them. If you can afford it, get walkie-talkies to keep in contact with those you can trust in the area.
I believe (but am not sure) that urbansurvival.com has a pdf file for survival in a city.

Good luck to you and yours, no matter what happens.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

UmayBRite!, if I had a gun, why would I want to report it stolen? Just curious. I'm trying to figure out how this would help in case of impending doom.

Thanks.

Because if you file an official police report then TPTB will pass by your house when the times comes to confiscate citizens weapons. Of course, fraud is a crime so I am not sure why the OP would suggest it.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
I have 3 small girls and a wife who isn’t much of a help when it comes to raiding and looting, what would you recommend people like me do?

Do not raid and loot. I would think you are trying to make a joke of it, but I don't find it to be a good joke.

All you will do is get yourself killed, or in jail and you might injure, or kill some other innocent person. Making some other children also fatherless, or motherless in the process.

Then what will happen to your girls is that they won't have a father, and your wife might not be able to do as much as you could.

Do not turn to violence unless your family is being attacked or really threatened.

Try buying some food in Walmart, it is very cheap, but nothing from China, and yes there is lots of stuff being sold in Walmart that is not from China, such as food.

You can buy a can of beans for about 50-80 cents, and one of veggies for about 80 cents to $1.

There are cans of sausages which go for about 54 cents, and which is a grat source of protein.

People shouldn't have left the preparations for the last minute. I have been buying canned food, which I keep rotating so it doesn't go bad for well over two years, although I began to more seriously buy more things I might need starting about a year ago.

There is still time. If you have cable stop paying for it, and use that money to buy more groceries. Or stop going to the movies, or dining out if you do that, and instead use this money for buying food.

There are boxes of soup which have noodles, chicken, shrimp, and even meat which is great for children, and they are also good for adults, and they are about 27 cents each if i remember correctly. These boxes have an expiration date of 2 years.

Start buying food. Most of the time canned foods last 2-5 years, depending on what it says in the exp date, and if you keep it in a cool place it will last longer.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Although I believe that a crash is inevitable, this is the most stupid and illogical thing I have heard yet.

Now if someone where to actually know what was going on they wouldn't be investing in anything but Food, Water, land, and anything else that would sustain a collapse.

If the dollar collapses my friends you can kiss all other world currency bye-bye as well.

Money is a faith based tool, it's worth is based on what people agree on.

Barter system will be an instant success, so what do you have to offer others?

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ok, I have been reading as a guest for a while now.. ok.. I am back after a long hiatus,. anyways..

All I have been hearing is this and that, widespread fear and panic... Could People tell me how bad is the situation up there in the US?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by crusader

We have been losing 500,000+ jobs a month every month. There are families who have to sleep in their cars, or tents, or with relatives because their homes were foreclosed, and this amounts in the millions, with more happeneing every week.

Since people are losing jobs, most Americans are not spending as much money as they used to and the economy gets worse.

There is apparenlty a bank holiday planned by the end of this year when banks will close, and people won't be able to get money out of banks.

That is some of the things that are happening as we speak.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlumanChu

The "Amero" was a hoax perpetrated by the Hal Turner Show..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

UmayBRite!, if I had a gun, why would I want to report it stolen?
Thanks.

Unless you bought black market guns, they know where to look for them when they confiscate your guns. If they are "stolen" they won't look for yours.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Person to person gun sales do not require back ground checks or registration. Only if you have a license or concealed carry license do you appear on any form of register.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

2nd line ...

[edit on 25-6-2009 by visible_villain]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I hope this isnt "highjacking" the thread. I just want to be sure to get this to you and those it can help. You asked, you shall recieve. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the doors of wisdom shall be opened unto you.

Be ready to barter. Silver is most affordable (if you need "real money")

I suggest 22 long rifle ammo. Very cheap. Almost everyone has one. Multifunctional (foraging or REEEEALLY in a pinch-defense). Yeah, not much power but excellent penetration.

Get your seeds and so forth now.

Some of this is for staying put, most is for buggin out.

Clean (bleach) 2 liter bottles to store water, rice and beans. Make sure you go afterwards with a light solution of baking soda to remove the smell. Let it dry VERY WELL! Spices in plastic bottles ( 3 for a dollar ). Boullion cubes.
Some energy bars. The good ones from army navy are the best. Forgot the name of them. Plan for the kids. Hope no babies that is a hard kink to fix. NOT IMPOSSIBLE! JUST DIFFICULT! You WILL figure it out and you WILL be provided for!

Some honey. You WILL want something sweet! It is also an excellent antibiotic (topical) and (if local) good for allergies.

Some reading material (if you are so inclined-some spirtual). part of survival is psychology.

Water purification tabs or some bleach. A good filter is a must! Two bladder canteens for you and your wife. If the kids are big enough, one for each on a small pack. Everyone has to do their part.

An excellent manual to keep with your gear is the Field manual 21-76. Most army navies have it. if not goto abe books. about a buck or two.

Freezer baggies. They keep water out.

Some good field packs. If you cant get anything else, an old alice pack (lc2) will work. Make sure you get the frame and pad. Your gonna be wearing this for a while.

Some basic over the counter meds (swap out your stores about every 8mo's or so ( unless the labe says otherwise).

Get an area map. Driving map is better than nothing. Find someplace that may seem large, heavily wooded, and away. Expect to find others there. They will have the same idea you do and (hopefully) a similiar mindset of group survival.

Study up on your psychology. Expecially group, emergency/trauma. You will need to know how deal with people freaking out. It can put you in a place of power if nothing else. I sound terrible but its you and yours against all else.

A couple of managable rifles. a 22 and a 30-30 would cover most issues.
A pistol would be nice. A couple of heavy knives for butchering and such. a small GOOD camp shovel. Military (not chinese knock off) would be best
no matter the origin. a small shelter tent.

Cordage (some para-cord, 50' of climbing rope and some good thread)

Sewing supplies /dental floss.

Fire strikers (the magnesium/steel type)

Some spaceblankets. Some plastic tarps (in the little 12" packs).

Squeeze pump light for you and your lady.

A crank radio. This is assuming there is anything being broadcast!

You get the idea. Most of this you will be able to fit in a large alice. I suggest that you duplicate important things between your lady and yourself. Things happen.

and above all, dont be scared. Have faith. It has gotten my family through some ugly times when all we had was each other. I am not religious- I am spiritual and quite comfortable with my maker thank you.

Keep your powder dry and and keep it between the ditchs! I hope I was a help to someone.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

What you pointed out, is what seems will take place. What are you referring to about Argentina? I vaguely remember a few things about a collapse in Finance and such.

Your plan on stocking up makes since but I am barely keeping my head above the water, how would you recommend people like me get buy? I know that once the system does collapse I will grab my weapon and raid the nearest Wal-Mart for food, clothes, water, and seeds to plant veggies in the spring. But, I live in the city (Cincinnati) I have no land to retreat to nor does anyone else in my family. I have 3 small girls and a wife who isn’t much of a help when it comes to raiding and looting, what would you recommend people like me do?

My heart sank when I read this one.
I would make some false walls, secret holes in the floor to hide and store provisions. You need to get a ceramic water purfier used in hiking , they are about 90 bucks . You have to have that no matter what....have a garage sale to raise the money.
Straight south of you is Kentucky which is loaded with caves .Start going on weekend campouts in the woods and find a couple.
Keep coming here, knowing what is coming so not to be caught in a panic. ....there alots of good sugestions from lots of good people.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

pause4though has this right , Harry Schultz was not the source of the the "embassy" rumor....he quoted Bob Chapman , and then offered his slant on the issue.

Everyone that watches CNBC/MSM knows who commodities fund manager Jim Rogers is , but mention HS and you get
and I hope it stays that way
but there isn't a seasoned marketeer alive (especially commodities/Gold traders) , who isn't familiar with Harry Schultz and/or his esteemed HSL.

In his 80's now...living in Switzerland.

I posted this snip from the HSL back in early 07..it might be worth re-posting for those that missed it. Due to the amount of respect HS elicits from the investment community , believe me , these dire words , written before public awareness of the impending meltdown , shook alot of investors out of their lethargy.

A Warning from Harry Schultz

Bob Chapman..respect? Ask any Silverado Mines shareholder (2002/2003)

By-the-By: ats 21-6-2009

GL

Edit: Sp

[edit on 25-6-2009 by OBE1]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If it was a hoax by Hal Turner he made a commercial about it. I saw two commercials/public service announcements on TV a week or two before the crash touting a new form of currency. This was in Texas. Did anyone else see this?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Ok, and we are not actually seeing this in the outside world to many people .. they think thats it still rosy in the land of Milk and honey????? or the land of Limitless opportunities. ok let me get this straight you think if the dollar collapses or whatever, you think other places outside the US will fare any better or much worse?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join