It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA/MOSSAD, AMAN/DIA did 9/11! [BASED ON KNOWN HOAXES]

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

Originally posted by mmiichael
In as plain English as possible NO BOMBS FOUND. NO ATTEMPT TO BLOW UP A BRIDGE. Misreported.

According to you. Which means absolutely nothing, as we've seen time and time again.

Here's another Israeli source with an attempt to get their facts right:

Israel National News, October 26, 2001:

"Five young Israelis are "on the verge of collapse," according to family members, as their incarceration in New York on charges relating to the Bin Laden attacks continues. They were arrested on Sept. 11, only hours after the World Trade Center attack, on charges of "plotting to blow up" a New York bridge.

Oh, I see -- you trust the Israeli news article about the dancing Israelis being arrested on charges of "plotting to blow up" a New York bridge, but not the Israeli news article that quotes a U.S. Army Radio report that police found a van full of explosives. You seem to be quite selective in your acceptance of some news reports, but not others.

So tell us -- why do you think the dancing Israelis were arrested for "plotting to blow up" the George Washington Bridge?

ALL THE INFORMATION WAS IN WHAT I SENT.

A M-I-S-T-A-K-E. As with the JFK assassination day. Authorities received many false alarm reports some of which were followed up. Further confused by press reporting on partial and inaccurate information.

Won't even bother with explaining the 5 dancing Israelis because already explained. Conspiracy Site BS story patching together 2 incidents both of which turned out to be false alarms.

We're not supposed to tell people on these lists they're idiots.

You rely on idiotic sources and swallow everything whole.

LAST REPLY. Just put you on Ignore if there's any more of this.

Happy Google hunting.

Mike

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I agree that the CIA and NSA were definitely involved.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

But mmiichael, you failed to answer my question, so I'll ask it again:

So tell us -- why do you think the dancing Israelis were arrested and held incommunicado -- including being tied up without food or clothes and given "multiple polygraphs" -- for 71 days in an "FBI dungeon" on charges of "plotting to blow up" the George Washington Bridge? Immigration violations?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

But mmiichael, you failed to answer my question, so I'll ask it again:

So tell us -- why do you think the dancing Israelis were arrested and held incommunicado -- including being tied up without food or clothes and given "multiple polygraphs" -- for 71 days in an "FBI dungeon" on charges of "plotting to blow up" the George Washington Bridge? Immigration violations?

You can't read. Many false alarms and incorrect reports on 9/11. Charges laid and dropped. Even the self-protective underwhelming FBI admitted - they made a

M - I - S - T - A - K - E

(And not their first!)

M

[edit on 18-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Even the self-protective underwhelming FBI admitted - they made a

M - I - S - T - A - K - E

You're trying to tell us the FBI arrested the five dancing Israelis on charges of conspiring to blow up the George Washington Bridge, then held them in an FBI dungeon for 71 days -- and it was all a "mistake"? Tied up, repeatedly interrogated (the Israelis claimed they were tortured), thrown in solitary confinement, without clothes, food or visitors and given multiple polygraphs for 71 days?

Could you please reference where the FBI admitted that they made a "mistake?" Why hasn't this received ANY press coverage? And why do you constantly make definitive statements without referencing them with links or proof?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Right after 9/11, when the various agencies and police forces where responding to every call and report, thousands of Muslims and a couple hundred Israelis were rounded-up, arrested and a few for months. Most of them had just overstayed a visa or were arrested for minor immigration violations. A lot of them were held without apology and then deported.

This has been inflated into Israeli involvement by the "strictly for idiots" Truther websites that flood the Net with corrupted information. Guess what kind of people choose to believe everything they Google that fit's into their paranoid delusional fantasies?

Below is a report of what really happened and the aftermath.

www.911myths.com...

September 14, 2004

Four Israelis arrested in the United States on September 11, 2001, have filed a multimillion-dollar civil lawsuit in the US District Court in New York against United States Attorney-General John Ashcroft and wardens of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

The suit, filed Monday, alleges that their two-month detention was illegal and that during that time they were physically abused and their civil rights were violated.

The Attorney General's Office said it would only comment on the case in court.

According to their Israeli attorney, Nitsana Darshan-Leitner, Israelis Yaron Shmuel, Omer Gavriel Marmari, and Silvan and Paul Kurzberg were working for a New Jersey moving company when their truck was stopped by police near the George Washington Bridge. Upon seeing that they held foreign driver's licenses, the officer arrested them as suspects in the September 11 attack.

"The four plaintiffs claim that they were held incommunicado without access to attorneys or family, subjected to rough interrogations, physically assaulted, deprived of sleep and subjected to racist taunting by guards," said Darshan-Leitner.

In the post-September 11 panic, their basic rights were ignored even though they signed papers agreeing to immediate deportation and had plane tickets, said New York attorney Robert Tolchin. According to the complaint, some 1,200 men from the Middle East, South Asia and elsewhere who were not US citizens and who appeared to be Arab or Muslim were held on suspicion of being terrorist.

Their detention was "often based on vague suspicions rooted in racial, religious, ethnic, and/or national origin stereotypes rather than in hard facts," according to the complaint. Non-Muslim or non-Israeli detainees were not treated so harshly.

"They were never charged with a crime, they were detained so that the FBI could investigate whether maybe they had done something," said Tolchin.

Four pages of the complaint list the abuses the four Israelis suffered in detention, including failure to be provided with adequate food, medical attention and toiletries. They were held in solitary confinement and denied religious expression.

"Plaintiffs were disciplined for attempting to pray in their cells. Plaintiff Yaron Shmuel was forced out of his cell, thrown against walls and placed in a cell without a mattress, sheets or blanket as a punishment for having prayed out loud," alleged the complaint.

"One of the defendant guards told the plaintiff Yaron Shmuel that he should commit suicide because 'we need to kill all the Jews.'

"The plaintiffs were often beaten by the defendant guards, including cuffing hands behind the plaintiff's backs, twisting arms, kicks to the ribs, and sitting on the plaintiffs while they lay on a metal bed," alleged the complaint.

"The plaintiffs were subjected to a game that the defendant guards called 'Ping Pong,' in which the guards would throw inmates between each other and against walls."

In this case, "the abuse started from the top," said Tolchin.

The suit blames Ashcroft for authorizing and condoning "the unreasonable and excessively harsh conditions under which the plaintiffs were detained" in violation of the Fourth Amendment.

According to the suit, the four should not have been held because Israel is a close ally of the United States. "As Israelis and as Jews, plaintiffs themselves are sworn enemies of al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden."

web.archive.org...://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1095131871508

[link too long - has to be manually entered]

[...]

Paul Kurzberg, an Israeli from Pardess Hanna, was in the office of his New Jersey moving company on Sept. 11, 2001, when the first plane hit the World Trade Center.

Like many Israeli movers in the New York area, Kurzberg, who was in his late 20s, was not legally authorized to work in the United States.

But on Sept. 11, that thought was distant from his mind as he and his friends piled into a company van after the second plane hit the World Trade Center to find a better vantage point to photograph the historic terrorist attack.

It proved to be a critical mistake.

Caught in a traffic jam near the George Washington Bridge, which connects northern New Jersey to Manhattan, the Israelis hailed a police officer to ask directions to Brooklyn. The cops pulled the five Israelis from the vehicle, drew their guns and ordered the men to lie on the ground, according to the Israelis’ account.

It was the beginning of a nearly two-month ordeal, the Israelis said, that landed them first in a local jail and then in solitary confinement in a Brooklyn prison, subjected them to physical and verbal abuse and ended in their deportation to Israel.

Now four of the Israelis are suing, demanding justice and compensation in a lawsuit filed Monday, Sept. 13, against U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft, FBI Director Robert Mueller, the director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons and a host of wardens, police officers and corrections officers involved in their arrest and imprisonment.

“The infamous arrest of these young Israelis on 9/11 has been used by anti-Semites worldwide as ‘proof’ of Israel’s involvement in the World Trade Center attack,” said Nitsana Darshan-Leitner, the Israeli lawyer representing the four Israeli plaintiffs.

“Our clients are seeking compensation for the harm they suffered in the Metropolitan Detention Center by prison officials,” she said.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn, alleges that the Israelis were arrested without probable cause; subjected to harsh and unreasonable conditions; penalized for trying to observe Jewish traditions and were held far longer than necessary.

www.jewishsf.com...

M

[edit on 23-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I see you've returned to quoting your old government disinfo website, 911Myths.com

I also see that you're monitoring this thread 24/7 -- almost like it's your job. Are you also monitoring and responding to the numerous other '9/11 was an inside job' threads on ATS? Just in case you aren't, the evidence is WAY beyond overwhelming.

BTW, you never responded to my question -- where did the FBI admit that they made a "mistake"? I don't give a rat's ass about the dancing Israeli's lawsuit. Did they win? Your beloved 911Myths.com doesn't mention that part, do they? Also, no Arabs or Muslims were held for MONTHS like the dancing Israelis, which you're trying to pass off as "minor immigration violations." And you won't find any news articles where arresting police detectives were quoted as saying, "It looks like they're hooked in with this [the dancing Israelis and 9/11.] It looked like they knew what was going to happen when they were at Liberty State Park."

BERGEN RECORD (New Jersey)
FIVE MEN DETAINED AS SUSPECTED CONSPIRATORS
Wednesday, September 12, 2001
www.bergen.com/news/2bombvan200109125.htm
By PAULO LIMA Staff Writer

Eight hours after terrorists struck Manhattan's tallest skyscrapers, police in Bergen County detained five men who they said were found carrying maps linking them to the blasts. The five men, who were in a van stopped on Route 3 in East Rutherford around 4:30 p.m., were being questioned by police but had not been charged with any crime late Tuesday.

However, sources close to the investigation said they found other evidence linking the men to the bombing plot. "There are maps of the city in the car with certain places highlighted," the source said. "It looks like they're hooked in with this. It looked like they knew what was going to happen when they were at Liberty State Park."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Arutz Sheva News Service -- IsraelNationalNews.com 10-26-01:

Five young Israelis are "on the verge of collapse," according to family members, as their incarceration in New York on charges relating to the Bin Laden attacks continues. They were arrested on Sept. 11, only hours after the World Trade Center attack, on charges of "plotting to blow up" a New York bridge.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Speaking of men who were "carrying maps linking them to the blasts", here's a smoking gun video that no professional debunker like mmiichael can refute. The dancing Israelis and Mossad were probably behind the numerous "secondary explosions" and "secondary devices" that were heard and identified by police, firefighters, rescue workers, anchors, reporters, passers-by and WTC building employees on 9/11:

11,776,830 views -- people are finally waking up!

[edit on 24-7-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I see you've returned to quoting your old government disinfo website, 911Myths.com

I also see that you're monitoring this thread 24/7 -- almost like it's your job. Are you also monitoring and responding to the numerous other '9/11 was an inside job' threads on ATS? Just in case you aren't, the evidence is WAY beyond overwhelming.

BTW, you never responded to my question -- where did the FBI admit that they made a "mistake"?

James Bond,

I type messages on ATS during coffee breaks and down time. When I can't sleep on hot nights I go online. This is more fun than videogames.

But after I repeat the same thing 3 times it starts to looks like you're incapable of reading much more than a Youtube video title.

The FBI admitted to an error when they let those people go. Here's how things work on Planet Earth not Planet Conspiracy. They arrest people, interrogate them, find they've made a mistake, release them. Happens in the US a thousand times a year, Two thousand times in 2001. Not much of a story. The FBI is not compelled to report details of it's activities to your 911REALGODSTRUTH site.

You accept and resend the same fatigued BS from NATIONAL INQUIRER level Truther sites, not even the more sophisticated ones that pretend they have some desperate for fame professionals with some scientific mumbo jumbo. And like a well conditioned Truther - you immediately accept anything from any brainless video, and immediately label credible documented information as some sort of govt cover-up.

It's embarrassing responding to someone who can't understand something restated, and keeps supplying Sept 12 2001 dated info. As I related in two previous messages, it is acknowledged there were numerous incorrect and premature reporting errors from that day. Truther sites live on misreports.

This has been a lark for a few months arguing with the kind of people who if a bunch of Middle Eastern Bedouin terrorists shoved dynamite up their ass would somehow conclude the CIA and Mossad was actually behind it.

I suggest a move to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, better yet Sudan or Yemen. None of those conniving world-controlling Jews. Everyone will love your great knowledge of Zionist/Mossad conspiracy and you won't ever have to worry again about the FBI/CIA/Black Ops/etc deceiving you and depriving you of your Constitutional Rights.

M

[edit on 25-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It's embarrassing responding to someone who can't understand something restated, and keeps supplying Sept 12 2001 dated info. As I related in two previous messages, it is acknowledged there were numerous incorrect and premature reporting errors from that day. Truther sites live on misreports.

Hey fool, speaking of embarrassing, instead of endlessly running your mouth about topics you know NOTHING about, why don't you read an interview with the official FEMA videographer who spent a MONTH at Ground Zero?

9/11 FEMA videographer at Ground Zero goes public

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Hey fool, speaking of embarrassing, instead of endlessly running your mouth about topics you know NOTHING about, why don't you read an interview with the official FEMA videographer who spent a MONTH at Ground Zero?

9/11 FEMA videographer at Ground Zero goes public

Kurt Sonnenfeld was the only videographer, who was allowed to film at Ground Zero in New York. He was working for the FEMA.

Ain't 9/11 "research" fun.

How do I put this? There are some major concerns about Sonnenefeld's credibility. A known heroic addict, he was charged in connection with the suspicious suicide of his wife late in 2001. Initially released for lack of evidence, his cell mates testified he admitted to killing her. Charges were refiled. He is currently on the lam in Argentina.

Looks like he's found a new career exploiting his work as a shooter at Ground Zero. The expected hand wringing stories of persecution for his hidden knowledge. A new "tell all" book just out. So far no new substantiation of anything and the inevitable wild speculations.

Mike

[edit on 29-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ain't 9/11 "research" fun.

Or in your case, ain't regurgitating disinfo and BS from Popular Mechanics and 911Myths.com fun?

How do I put this? There are some major concerns about Sonnenefeld's credibility.

You mean compared to your credibility?
Tell us again how as a Canadian, you have such a great interest in 9/11. And is there any 9/11 anomaly you don't have a pathetic excuse or lame-ass justification for? Are there any 9/11 whistleblowers you won't try to discredit? You know, like the FDNY firefighters who found the black boxes that the government claims were destroyed. Or the WTC employees who heard underground explosions before the planes impacted.

Yeah, we know -- no one is credible except you and 911Myths.com.

A known heroic addict,

Sure, known heroin addicts tend to end up as official U.S. government FEMA cameramen who are assigned to photograph the 9/11 destruction for a month.

he was charged in connection with the suspicious suicide of his wife late in 2001. Initially released for lack of evidence, his cell mates testified he admitted to killing her. Charges were refiled. He is currently on the lam in Argentina.

"On the lam in Argentina."
Is this another one of your 911Myths.com factoids? Amazing what happens when you refuse to go along with the BushCo neocon's massive coverup and treasonous lies. Something you'll never have to worry about as official 9/11 government flunkie.

How did this heroin-using wife-murderer ever get a job with the U.S. government anyway? And how is it that FEMA sent him to Ground Zero BEFORE the second plane hit the towers when they couldn't coordinate getting water to Hurricane Katrina victims in 10 days?

As a know-it-all Canadian 9/11 researcher and official defender of the neocons, I'm sure you've got a ready-made excuse for that too.

BTW, why don't you show us JUST ONE picture of "Flight 77" anywhere near the Pentagon?

It STILL doesn't exist? Why not?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece Tell us again how as a Canadian, you have such a great interest in 9/11.

As another Canadian...decidedly not a neocon, I can say that the events of 9/11 affected us in a great many ways, including fighting in a proxy war for the Americans in Afghanistan...so we are paying for our good-neighbouredness in Canadian blood.

9/11 has also changed the way North America does what it does...right down to shoe-checks in the airports and me having my corkscrew confiscated out of my carry-on (It was in St. John's...they felt really bad about it...but I digress)

Of course it affected us...you're our cousins.

My suggestion to the two of you is to find some common ground to begin with, then conduct your researches from that point...building along the way instead of havingg a pissing contest between you. It is a waste of good research, and high emotion. I think I speak for all that we would prefer to see where you agree...it is eminently clear where you don't.

The ball (or puck, eh?), gentlemen, is now in your court.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Don't get me wrong, I really like Canada and Canadians -- even considered moving there to escape the increased U.S. government fascism, loss of civil liberties, domestic spying, etc., that's a direct result of the neocon's "New Pearl Harbor" and "Patriot" Act. Sorry to hear that Canada and Canadian air travel is being caught up in similar BS. As for Iraq and Afghanistan, you guys should've refused to have anything to do with these illegal, immoral wars that are literally destroying the U.S. military and economy.

As for common ground, I'm tired of this obsessed buffoon mmiichael's ignoring and trying to twist a mountain of evidence that conclusively proves 9/11 was an inside job.

Hell, this video alone provides more proof than any reasonable person should need:

[edit on 29-7-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

How did this heroin-using wife-murderer ever get a job with the U.S. government anyway? And how is it that FEMA sent him to Ground Zero BEFORE the second plane hit the towers when they couldn't coordinate getting water to Hurricane Katrina victims in 10 days?

As a know-it-all Canadian 9/11 researcher and official defender of the neocons, I'm sure you've got a ready-made excuse for that too.

BTW, why don't you show us JUST ONE picture of "Flight 77" anywhere near the Pentagon?

It STILL doesn't exist? Why not?

The no plane at the Pentagon fantasy is one of the wonkier Truther delusions.

Hundred on the highway watched it happen. Dead bodies, contents of the plane, etc cleaned up by crews.

Videos of impact here.

www.judicialwatch.org...

Kind of obvious the guy wasn't having heroin problems and his wife was still alive when he got the job.

Anyway, you've exhausted my defenses. Your diligent sagacious detective work has outed me. I am a badly paid disinformation agent assigned to ATS hopelessly trying to prevent the REAL TRUTH from being revealed.

It was all a false flag operation cooked up by the CIA and Mossad. No plane at the Pentagon, and they just knocked down those poles to make it look convincing. Videos are CGI. The hundreds of witnesses all lied.

Super-duper-magic-nano-thermite painted on the steel beams of WTC buildings. The NWO bosses wanted those buildings leveled. Plane crashes and a couple thousand deaths didn't seem dramatic enough.

No Arab terrorists. Mind controlled patsys and remote controlled instrument panels. Real passengers were unloaded sent to the secret dark side of the moon slave labour camps.

Gotta go - knock at the door.

M

[edit on 30-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The no plane at the Pentagon fantasy is one of the wonkier Truther delusions.

Hundred on the highway watched it happen. Dead bodies, contents of the plane, etc cleaned up by crews.

Videos of impact here.

www.judicialwatch.org...

I asked for just one photo of "Flight 77" anywhere near the Pentagon. Would you care to point out a 757 in your "impact video"? (which is nothing but a few edited frames from a parking lot security camera.) And please tell us how a 60-ton aircraft managed to elude dozens of Pentagon cameras? Why did FBI agents confiscate every CCTV security video from adjacent businesses just minutes after the missile, err, I mean "Flight 77" impacted? (sorry, Don Rumsfeld and I keep making Freudian slips in calling it a missile.) And I'm sure when CNN correspondent Jamie McIntyre stood in front of the Pentagon and said, "based on my close-up inspection, there's no evidence of a plane having impacted anywhere the Pentagon", he was probably mistaken, because as you say, HUNDREDS of people watched it happen. There just wasn't any wreckage. Ho hum. Petty details.

Never mind that the hijack "pilot" Hani Hanjour couldn't fly "at all" according to a test flight instructor who wouldn't rent him a Cessna 172 a few weeks before 9/11. Never mind that air traffic controllers said the plane's 270 degree steep descending spiral that would've exceeded a commercial Boeing's flight software limits made them think it was a "military maneuver." Never mind that due to aeronautical "ground effect", it would be IMPOSSIBLE to fly a 757 several feet off the ground at cruising speed into a second story window. Never mind that the impact hole in the Pentagon was considerably smaller than a 757 would've made. Never mind that Pentagon missile batteries would've immediately shot down any aircraft that wasn't squawking an appropriate "friendly" transponder code. Never mind that Pilots For 9/11 Truth claim that the black box data for "Flight 77" doesn't even match it's flight path!

Yeah, mmiichael, keep living your little fantasy that 19 cave-dwelling Arabs managed to defeat the world's most sophisticated intelligence operation and a military that costs more than the rest of the world combined.

Are you really, really naive or an agent of the dark side? My guess is the latter.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Like I said... the smoking gun will keep smoking.

Debunkers may give up, but we are not going anywhere.

Never forget, never forgive & keep investigating.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It is good to know that there is some one here with the facts.
I must be having some problem with my puter so could you run it by me again.
Just how many jewish folks were supposed to be in the towers on that normal work day?
Also how many perished with the others ethnic groups?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
WACKER,
You seem well informed on so many GOVERMENT projects.
Did you post anything about goverment lying to the people?
Like a long elaborate list of official fibs.
Or do you just post your stuff from what you google?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

This seems to me to be guile telling
mmicheal you said this

"The FBI admitted to an error when they let those people go. Here's how things work on Planet Earth not Planet Conspiracy. They arrest people, interrogate them, find they've made a mistake, release them. Happens in the US a thousand times a year, Two thousand times in 2001. Not much of a story. The FBI is not compelled to report details of it's activities to your 911REALGODSTRUTH site."

I would surmise from your very own words that the only MISTAKE the FBI made was letting the perps go.

Not much of a story. Oh my my! So disinfo.

As for the GODSTRUTH sentence it seems like you are saying that FBI info is doled out to certain sites, just not GodTruth site. Like some conspiratorial discrimination?

By the way! Do you and folks like you yhat believe the FBI make MISTAKES, when it comes to arresting Jewish perps and they never do when it comes to OS stuff.
Ah! you do. I see it in other posts you have made.

Give us a break and keep this double talk mumbo jumbo to you and yours.

It is blatant disinformation.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For anyyone who thinks the U.S. government wouldn't murder their own citizens in a false flag operation in order to create endless wars, think again. It was planned 50 years ago:

Operation Northwoods

US PLANNED FAKE TERROR ATTACKS ON CITIZENS TO CREATE SUPPORT FOR CUBAN WAR

From BODY OF SECRETS, James Bamford, Doubleday, 2001, p.82 and following:

According to secret and long-hidden documents obtained for Body of Secrets, the Joint Chiefs of Staff drew up and approved plans for what may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government. In the name of anti-Communism, they proposed launching a secret and bloody war of terrorism against their own country in order to trick the American public into supporting an ill-conceived war they intended to launch against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plan, which had the written approval of the Chairman and every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing, they needed to launch their war.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join