It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-duty officer shoots 2 in lot after Angels game

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by rcwj75

Congratulations to you. You have just proven MY point. Had it been a regular guy, he would be sitting in jail. Thanks Jax.

Please show me an example of a citizen being locked up for defending himself and his family using a firearm! I would like to see it....

Your wish is my command.

Police arrested Antoine, a 27-year-old from Boynton Beach, Friday night on charges of second degree murder and attempted first degree murder.

Antoine's attorney, Kelly Landers, said Antoine was confronted by two "large" men who were armed around 3 a.m. Monday outside of Mystique Lounge in downtown West Palm Beach. Landers said the two men hit Antoine and then threatened to kill him.

www.palmbeachpost.com...

There's one. Need more?

He saw Lonny standing there. He said, what are you doing here Lonny? At that moment Lonny lunged toward the deacon. They both fell to the floor. The Deacon stuck his hand in his pocket to pull out the gun to scare Lonny. Lonny saw the gun and grabbed his hand. They struggled and the gun went off and shot Lonny once in the chest.

He fell over. Sam rushed to call to report the emergency. Lonny was pronounced dead at the scene. Sam was taken in for questioning. The police discovered the long running feud between Sam and Lonny. They also learned about Sams joking comments to get Lonny first. Sam was charged with premeditated murder.

Sam was held for several weeks in the city jail. After many consultations with his attorney and a new investigation, new evidence was presented that cleared Sam of murder charges.

www.articlesalley.com...

BTW, Sam didn't just get to walk home. He had to go under an investigation and was held for several weeks.

Need more?

BAKERSVILLE, Ohio — An eastern Ohio man says he killed a black bear in self defense because the bear charged at him — but he's been charged with shooting an endangered animal.

John Tanksley says his dog tried to chase the bear away from his property at Newcomerstown in Coshocton County but the animal kept coming back.

He says that when he and his girlfriend tried to get the dog back in the house on Wednesday the bear charged at them.

State wildlife officer Garth Goodyear describes the bear as "man-size" and weighing 165 pounds.

If Tanksley is convicted of the misdemeanor offense he could get up to one year behind bars and be fined $1,000.

www.foxnews.com...

And that one is just for shooting a bear in self defense.

No a NORMAL citizen as you guys put it would not be facing murder charges in this situation...again proved examples of your claims...not just blow smoke like most ATS meatheads who bash WITHOUT facts or knowledge of the incident....rather on pure hate and opinion.

Care to apologize for calling me a meathead and saying I bash without facts or knowledge? Thank you.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by Nutter]

Yes, this is all completely relevant to the topic.

I have a question. What would happen if you were out with your family, and a couple of people decided to attack you with "whatever". Would you give them a hug? Maybe, a handshake? Or resort to stopping the threat? Because clearly they were just going to attack you and not anyone else.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by KEMIK]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
reply to post by CX

What kind of man alows conflict to escalate while he has his wife and kids with him anyways?

A man protecting his family. If I or my family were attacked and I had a gun on me I would most likely draw the weapon and fire in response first and ask questions later.

Those idiots attacking him got exactly what they deserved.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't think he should have shot them... Especially in a "crowded" parking lot. What if a stray bullet hit a child? I can see him wanting to defend himself, I would imagine just pointing the gun at them is enough to scare someone poopyless... but who knows. I guess I should wait till all the facts to come out, but they never do.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't have time to read all of the responses, but something about this article just doesn't add up.

Him and his family were walking across the parking lot when he was attacked. The article implies that they were not yet at the car. If they were already at the car why not just get in and lock the doors? Then he calls into dispatch to say that he had been choked and was told to get away from his car. Did he call dispatch while he was being choked or after. It must have been afterwards and they had gotten away from the attackers.

It was after calling dispatch that he shoots these guys.

1. Were they at the car when the attack happened?
2. If not, how is it that had his gun? Did he break the law by carrying it into the stadium?

Something is just not right here.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke
Off course he should be allowed to bring the gun into the stadium, there are on duty officers inside the stadium with their weapons why not an off duty officer?

Cause apparently when they do let off duty officers bring guns they shoot people.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Don't mess with papa bear?

I'm not going to take sides, but a guy with 50 lbs on me tried to force his way into my apartment while a friend and our (not with each other) children were here.

I told him he was trespassing, and to leave. He refused and tried to get in the door. I beat the crap out of him, and I'm a pacifist..

LOL, the cops refused to lay charges because he "looked worse than I did"...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
I have a question. What would happen if you were out with your family, and a couple of people decided to attack you with "whatever". Would you give them a hug? Maybe, a handshake? Or resort to stopping the threat? Because clearly they were just going to attack you and not anyone else.

I would defend myself and family.

The difference would be that I would be taken into custody if I shot someone until an investigation and/or trial could prove my innocence.

Not so for this cop. Which has been my point all along.

Geez.

[edit on 26-6-2009 by Nutter]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevin_X2

The examples where to show that even when a normal person has to defend themselves, they are subject to imprisonment (detention), lawyers fees to prove their innocence and sometimes even trial (which is very costly).

The point (which I have been saying all along) is that this cop will go through none of this because he is a cop (and therefore automatically innocent).

How many times do I have to say this?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What I believe most of you are missing is the alleged, where is it? I am sorry if the officer did a good job of defense of his family, but I bet both attackers will be in jail until trial and the victim will be patrolling the streets with no chance of any charges ever being brought, even if both atttackers are proven innocent. Get how ridiculous this all sounds if it was the other way around.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I would defend myself and family.

The difference would be that I would be taken into custody if I shot someone until an investigation and/or trial could prove my innocence.

Not so for this cop. Which has been my point all along.

Geez.

Apparently you missed the bus. Forget about his job description, Where would you stand? Don't start another bs cop bashing thread. It's old.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Apparently you missed the bus. Forget about his job description, Where would you stand? Don't start another bs cop bashing thread. It's old.

How am I starting another cop bashing thread by stating the truth?

Look, I'm all for him defending his family. My point all along is had it been me or you, we would be in jail awaiting aquital. Is this cop awaiting the same? If not, then how am I starting a cop bashing thread by stating he's not subject to the same scrutiny as any other person not in LE?

So, therefore, his profession DOES have everything to do with it.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

How am I starting another cop bashing thread by stating the truth?

Look, I'm all for him defending his family. My point all along is had it been me or you, we would be in jail awaiting aquital. Is this cop awaiting the same? If not, then how am I starting a cop bashing thread by stating he's not subject to the same scrutiny as any other person not in LE?

So, therefore, his profession DOES have everything to do with it.

So you are assuming that a law enforcement officer, in this situation would be treated differently? Let's make it clear.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So you are assuming that a law enforcement officer, in this situation would be treated differently? Let's make it clear.

You don't?

From the article:

The officer also was taken to a hospital with a head wound, but was released early Thursday, Martinez said.

You, nor I would have just been released. Geez.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You don't?

From the article:

The officer also was taken to a hospital with a head wound, but was released early Thursday, Martinez said.

You, nor I would have just been released. Geez.

Oh, sorry. someone gets assaulted and is released from the hospital. just wrong. You know what? I give up. Your ignorance is a waste of my time. Good luck with your efforts to sway everyone to the dumbside.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh, sorry. someone gets assaulted and is released from the hospital.

He didn't just get assaulted. HE SHOT 2 PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what? I give up. Your ignorance is a waste of my time. Good luck with your efforts to sway everyone to the dumbside.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Kevin_X2 if you have a problem with me.... then please don't be afraid to insult me publically, because sending me U2U's wishing the deaths of my children will only go and prove that you are a sad, sad man.

I will also be informing the moderators of your insulting, and downright pathetic insults.

I have no shame in apologising to any member who i may or may not have offended, but to threaten and insult my children is a step to far.

I've made this public just to show to the ATS community how low you can really go as a human.

Shame on you.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Update

A Camp Pendleton Marine and his younger brother are under police custody at a hospital after they were shot by an off-duty police officer in the Angel Stadium parking lot Wednesday night. Police said they are trying to identify a fourth man who might involved in the confrontation.

source

This wasn`t any gang banger . What motivated them to throw bottles ? Not that there is any justification in a group of men throwing bottles at a solitary man , in the company of his family.

There is another side ...... we have yet to hear though.

Anaheim police policy goes on to say that weapons cannot be carried by any officer who has consumed an amount of an alcoholic beverage that could adversely affect the officer's senses or judgment. Martinez said it was unknown whether the off-duty officer had been drinking.

source

If an off duty- officer discharges their weapon , are they required to be breathalysed ?

Police have talked to about a dozen witnesses who said the men hit the veteran officer over the head with beer bottles, Martinez said.

source

There surely was a bit of verbal between them before the bottles flew ?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Thanks for the information. So, we can deduce that the man was not totally innocent then?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Anaheim police policy goes on to say that weapons cannot be carried by any officer who has consumed an amount of an alcoholic beverage that could adversely affect the officer's senses or judgment. Martinez said it was unknown whether the off-duty officer had been drinking.

source

So much for the "I'm a retired police officer so therefore I can carry my gun anywhere." excuse eh?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
i guess you can say this is a side effect of our societies paranoia.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join