It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Watching A Movie Last Night!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I was sat watchin ace ventura pet detective last night ( classic funny flick if i do say so myself ) when i noticed the mission impossible theme tune at the part where he finds the shark tank.

Then it hit me, mission impossible wasnt realesed til two years after ace ventura.

My point is that it seems they were testing the waters with that tune, as if to find out an audiences reaction to it.

Ace ventura: pet detective Release Date:
29 April 1994

Mission Impossible Release Date:
5 July 1996

Is there maybe something special about that particualr piece of music and thats why they wanted to test it out before using it in another movie as its main theme? Curiosly also when the tune plays in ace ventura he is sneaking around like a ... you guessed it, a spy!!

There may be nothing in this bit i felt i should pass it on
peace and love xx

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...:_Impossible#Music

oh wait ive just debunked my own thread hahahaha. peace and love

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
edit because he corrected himself.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by jd140]

link   
I'm pretty sure M.I. was a tv series back in the 60s or 70s.The theme was written for the tv series.

link   
Here ya go...

The original (series) from ages ago....

Thanks for the post - always good to know people have their eyes open!

peace

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I've seen a video with a squirrel climbing along a rope and they used the Mission Imposiible theme, it's like, if its dangerous or looks dangerous use the theme and people will think 'danger'.
I sing it when trying to pretend sneak up on the wife, but for some reason she realises I'm there? she must be telepathic.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

HA HA! my wife never falls for that either.lol. And all it does is make me look like a silly, naked fool. lol. But I have hope that someday she will find it cute.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Wow, I know this turned out to be wrong -- but good find anyhow. I'd never seen the TV series, and I would never have realized that the MI toon on ace ventura pre-dates the MI movie.

How could you have known it was a 1966 tv series as well? I say good find despite the fact that it was wrong.

Right theory, wrong universe, as some would say

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This really has nothing to do the topic but it does involve a movie. I was watching ghostbusters the othernight and at the end of the movie when the evil chick on the rooftop(don't remember her name was only half watching it) but when she appears and the "gateway" opens up behind her. It look just like the piramid on the u.s. Dollar with the top even seperated and glowing. I was pretty shocked at how close they look. I no hollywood puts thing like this in movies all the time. I'm just wondering what other movies have this kind of stuff? Please share. (And sorry for trying to change the topic but I figured your op was answered already)

new topics

top topics

join