It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Small Plane Forced to Land in NJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A small airplane was forced to land at the Camden County Airport on Tuesday night by Philadelphia police after having a close call with a television news helicopter in northeast Philadelphia, authorities said.

NewsDay

Police said the plane was flying dangerously low and nearly collided with a KYW-TV news helicopter that was covering a traffic accident on Interstate 95.

Initial reports from NBC News in Philadelphia said the plane was forced down by Attack Planes for violating airspace.

Related News:
NBC10

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Do you have a link or anything on this?

this is pretty wild...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Interesting, I wonder what's up.
Look forward to updates..

dz

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
where'd this come from, i don't see it on the news?

i live in philly too, so you'd imagine we would hear about it

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What airspace would it have been violating?

The pilot of the Cessna, to quote Full Metal Jacket, is "in a world of #."

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've always wondered how they could do this since a cessna isint a very fast aircraft, versus a figher jet being very fast in comparison. I would think it would take some work to keep the fighter in the air while keeping pace with the other aircraft. Bet the look on the cessna pilot's face was priceless to look out and see armed fighters ordering him to the ground.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I've always wondered how they could do this since a cessna isint a very fast aircraft, versus a figher jet being very fast in comparison. I would think it would take some work to keep the fighter in the air while keeping pace with the other aircraft. Bet the look on the cessna pilot's face was priceless to look out and see armed fighters ordering him to the ground.

the jets can fly pretty slow, about 80 knots at the slowest... and if thy need to go slower they can ly by picthing back more and just flying on thurst.

and if the pilot doesn't get the idea after a while they fly on thrust right over the plane... the nice sudden downburst will usually give people the idea then.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dz
where'd this come from, i don't see it on the news?

i live in philly too, so you'd imagine we would hear about it

NBC News, the sad part is that most of this stuff is not being reported by The Mainstream Media. We will probably hear about it from them in a couple of days. For some reason they have been waiting up to a month to release any kind of information, threat or not. Yes a low blow to Mainstream Media Outlets.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

BERLIN, N.J. -- A small airplane was forced to land at the Camden County Airport on Tuesday night by Philadelphia police after having a close call with a television news helicopter in northeast Philadelphia, authorities said.

www.newsday.com...

This is the only thing I could find on it, it doesn't say if it was forced down by fighter piolts though...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This Just in from the news source in philly, (i know the players involved)
A small plane was forced to land after a near miss with a CBS 3 TV news copter. The cesna style plane was followed until it landed in NJ, and the pilot was taken in to custody by NJ State PD. The incident is under investigation. The CBS 3 website has not yet been updated as this occured sluightly before the 11pm news...They should have something by the morning posted @ CBS3.com

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The plane was followed by a helicopter from Philly Tac-Air unit, not jets....
Reports say the plane was also observed to be flying at to low an altitude and without normal lighting.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Due to the excellent work of ATS Members, this story has been downgraded from Breaking News to News.

Any new information will be posted when it becomes available.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda

BERLIN, N.J. -- A small airplane was forced to land at the Camden County Airport on Tuesday night by Philadelphia police after having a close call with a television news helicopter in northeast Philadelphia, authorities said.

Thats an interesting coincidence. A news chopper crashed here in Brooklyn today onto a building. The article says the cause of the accident is under investigation, but I doubt the two incidents are linked. Just a bit odd is all...

www.news12.com...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I did a google search and foound that this same thing happened back in March also. My guess is that they post these "no fly zones" around the president whenever he is visiting somewhere, but that some of the pilots of these small planes don't get word of the posting until it is too late. (i.e. an F-16 in your face
)

new topics

top topics

join