It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says North Korea a "serious concern"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

China says North Korea a "serious concern"

www.reuters.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - China shares the region's "serious concerns" about a nuclear North Korea and urged all parties to keep negotiating, a senior Chinese military officer said Wednesday after talks with Pentagon officials.

Lieutenant-General Ma Xiaotian did not announce any new measures against Pyongyang, but said Beijing was concerned about North Korea, which staged a second nuclear test on May 25, prompting new U.N. sanctions.

"For the regional security of northeast Asia, the North Korean nuclear issue is not only a serious concern for the United States and neighboring South Korea a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
WOW!
Ok now we know all the conspiracies about China just looking out for their best interest and were keeping quiet was a bunch of horse hooey!

I'm starting to think that they actually have either very little or no pull with little Kimmy anymore!

If they are coming out now and making these types of statements somethings a foot stay tuned.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
dont be surprised if China takes out North Korea itself...to save face and its own economy rather than risk the us attacking and more US troops being stationed in south korea, so close to their backdoor.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

I don't know
"After Talks with Pentagon officials"
Sounds like something may have gotten them spooked.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The whole world is pretty much against Iran and N Korea.

They better start toeing the line or they will find themselves in a world of hurt.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
IMO China won't take out NK, China is using NK just like Russia used Iraq to turn the world against the U.S.

The Chinese are doing what the Russian government, Putin himself, and the Russian intelligence agencies were doing to the U.S. They were feeding secret information in which the Russians claimed Saddam was planning terrorist attacks in U.S. soil, and U.S. interests since 9/11 and up to the beginning of the war.

Then the Russians turned against us, claimed that the U.S. was comitting a criminal war, meanwhile feeding our troop movements to Saddam's regime, meanwhile helping Saddam get rid of his WMD, and like always the Europeans were willing to beleive the lies and turned against us.

Now China will do the same with NK. We will see our troops in Korean soil soon, and pretty much no Chinese troops will get involved.

We are going to be lured into NK, and the current U.S. administration will willingly do so.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm telling you something is up. I cant put my finger on it just yet

China working with US to avoid sea confrontations

BEIJING (AP) — The Chinese and U.S. militaries will work together to avoid confrontations at sea that have sparked worries of a crisis in overall relations, a top Chinese military officer said Wednesday.

The issue was at the center of their first high-level military talks in 18 months after a series of recent naval encounters — including a collision of a Chinese submarine and a U.S. sonar device — that have raised concerns about poor communication between the two sides.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I spotted that too slayer, it's a far cry from it saying 'American representatives' or officials..

Something stinks here, and I'm not talking about the stir fry. There's so many seperate little events going on it's difficult to tell where the smoke and mirrors are placed.. just hope if the Americans do end up going in that they hit em quick and hard. Nobody wants another dragged out one like Iraq.

Flatten the leadership, hand the power to the people.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

Except that this is not the plan. The plan is to weaken the U.S. more, and to turn once again the world against us. The Russians did it with Iraq, now the Chinese will do it with NK.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
BTW good post Slayer69, starred and flagged.

We should definetedly keep an eye on this.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

China gets a huge chunk of it's oil from Iran. We are in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think they see the writing on the wall.
No ticky no oily.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
They play ball about North Korea, Iran goes back to it's little bit of paradise and their economic boom can feed on Iranian oil. If not their boom goes bust. China is desperate for oil....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
If you haven't seen it yet lend some support to this post here it goes into more detail about the present situation in the gulf. We're trying to get a new board opened.
Possible new Board Topic

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Two years ago, or more, a report appeared on Bloomberg suggesting there are two military options:

1) South Korea and the United States.
2) China

Common sense implies, a brainwashed and paranoid population, need a "puppet" communist government in order to acclimatise North Koreans to the real world - not this dream (or nightmare) Kim Jon Il has presented. To take this lugubrious state and merge immediately into a unified Korea will give rise to hostile and dissident elements.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

What makes this truly interesting is the complete about face with no rhetoric or even a heads up that there is instant cooperation.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Like every other country i'd watch what they do and not what they say.Of course China has a very large grip over N.Korea,this is just political rhetoric and posturing.China knows full well what N.korea are up to and where it will lead.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My opinion on North Korea? Kim Jong Il is so mad and delusional that nothing matters to him any more. Perhaps he would risk it all just to be able to say that in the end, he actually followed through with his threats you know? I mean, there were reports that he wasn't at the pinnacle of his health, so what's he have to lose.

In regards to China being concerned, well why shouldn't they be? They have been in bed with North Korea for a while now, and I'm sure they know a lot more about their capabilities and intentions than we do. So yeah, this is a warning coming from that region that we would should probably take heed of. Nice find OP. Star and Flag

Just my two though.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by Juston]

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
China 'deeply committed' to North Korea sanctions: US official

WASHINGTON (AFP) — China has given its word to the United States that it is "deeply committed" to implementing tough new nuclear sanctions against North Korea, a senior US official said Friday.

The official also said that as part of the effort to put a straitjacket on Pyongyang after its latest nuclear test and missile launches, Washington had set up an inter-agency team to coordinate the sanctions with other nations.

"They are certainly saying quite strenuously that they are deeply committed to full implementation of the provisions that are in the resolution," the senior administration official said, referring to China.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
China is becoming more and more like a giant corporation or a mafia family. N Korea is out of control. The US owes China alot of money, we pay back the cash w/ American blood, getting rid of the boil on China's rear.
Afterward China comes in like the good guy and installs a more friendly govt, or reunifies the Korea's making a new or better trade partner in the process.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join