It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ages of Old Testament Characters - where is the proof?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hey folks thanks for the replies

Originally posted by Chemley

I seem to remember that archaeologists have dug up many bones from far further back than 300 years. Recorded history in some form seems to have gone back approximately 5000 years to the Sumerians.

Please re-read my opening post, you seem to have missed what I was actually asking...

reply to post by OldThinker

Hey OT! It didn't take you long to jump in on this 'un, though you too seemed to have missed the point! I'm not looking for an argument on whether events or people in the bible were real - I want to know why we haven't found any of their skeletal remains!

(By the way - just because a story features real historical characters doesn't mean the events portrayed therein actually occurred in the manner suggested by the storyteller. See Churchill: The Hollywood Years (2004) for a prime example of this!)

reply to post by kyred

Interesting theory, but has there ever been a period in history where we have had a better understanding of illnesses and medicines than we do today? Not as far as I know, so I'm pretty sure that at any point in history we had a shorter life span than we do now. Plus the only place I've ever seen this "vapour canopy" mentioned is on sites using it to reinforce the bible's story. Is there actually any proof of the "vapour canopy" ever actually existing? I mean scientific not anecdotal...

reply to post by Astyanax

A very good explanation which makes a lot of sense, but I have to ask why no-one ever thought to fix that during the many, many, many, many translations of the story over the years? I suppose the church thought it might have helped sell the idea if it was more fanciful...actually that might explain a lot of the stuff in the bible

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
KUDOS to the ones who defend the bible. How is it people refuse to believe the bible because it was WRITTEN BY MAN but yet whenever a "scientist" (who as far as I can tell is man also) says well this is this and that is that and then later retract his statement and say well now we have evidence that this is that and that is this and people literally swoon and are amazed at his findings? And alot of names in the bible are referenced in other cultures like EGYPTIANSSSS! Oh let me guess Egyptians are holy rollers too right? You know what just say you dont want to admit theres a God because you dont want to have someone hold you accountable for your actions. This is a conspiracy site and the only thing conspiracal about the bible is the conspiracy to DISPROVE it. If you want to be a sinner then BE A SINNER. God gave you freewill do what you like just dont complain on Judgement Day and say Lord have mercy I didnt know sob sob sob. Who knows he may respect you more if you take your meds like an adult.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sotp

hello there

how many skeletons of anyone have we found that are 600 yrs old?

dont forget the size of the global and the relativly few people in the bible. needle in a haystack springs to mind.

Did the patriarchs indulge in mummification? I dont think they did

David

here is an interesting article

link

[edit on 24-6-2009 by drevill]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by max.is.awake

The scientific community has always been willing to admit (though sometimes reluctantly) when it has been off the mark. When new evidence emerges theories are reformed as necessary. Can't say the same about the bible, which is treated as the word of God and thus infallible. Even when it's shown to be clearly wrong (and it is on quite a few things let's be honest) those who believe it's the word of God will not accept hard evidence to the contrary...

reply to post by drevill

Originally posted by drevill

...dont forget the size of the global and the relativly few people in the bible. needle in a haystack springs to mind.

Doesn't the Bible itself tell us the areas in which these people supposedly lived? People have been conducting archaeological excavations in that part of the world for quite a long time - you'd think they might have found something by now! I mean we're practically tripping over cavemen and dinosaurs remains in the street there's so much of them lying about!

Also, mummification not necessary. Just need a skeleton, DNA not required...

[edit on 24/6/09 by sotp]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that the writings contained within the bible actually have Nothing at all to do with Humans or your Planet or Your Universe?

But instead the writing is a Parable that is about an entirely different subject!

You are only taught by other humans, what it is meant to be about... That is what you are being led to believe... Perhaps for Political purposes???

Besides the Roman Collection of Greek and Hebrew writings, referred to as the bible, are only a very few examples of such writings, and the bible is by no means complete.

It is not what you are taught, that distorts the information that is contained in the writings, but rather it is what you are Not being told that distorts the knowledge.

The bible does Not make any reference at all of the Roman church, even though the Romans stole and compiled these writings....

Nor is there any reference made to any breakaway denominations, that came out of the Roman church.

Many of the writings have been Corrupted by the Scribes and teaches in the Roman church and other Denominations!

In "The Gospel of Thomas" it is written.....

in Verse 39.

Jesus said,

"The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves have Not entered,
nor have they allowed to enter
those who wish to."

[edit on 24-6-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Science has also proved that man has only been on earth for around 12 thousand years. Can't think of the PBS show that did it off the top of my head. But they proved through study of the ice in Greenland that it would have been impossible for man to live in the environment before 12,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sotp

But the bible is Not the Word of God...

See the Book of St. John Chapter 01

The Word was translated from the Word Logos in Greek !

The Word Logos in the Greek writings that the Roman church stole to make what is known as the bible which there is more than one version of eg. The King James Version ! was originally a Roman collection of Hebrew and Greek Writings and Not All the Writings but only a few that were accepted by the Roman Government, had a number of different meanings Not just what the Romans chose !

Logos... in Greek Word or Cross.

Sometimes Cross, Sometimes Father, Sometime Son, sometime grace... etc this is according to early Christian manuscripts... And Not the bible.

The writings are nothing at all to do with what is being taught or propagated by the Roman church or Catholic church or for that matter any other denomination or break away group or sect from the Roman church...

Jesus Never, Never, mentioned anything about or even identified the Roman church or the Catholic church or any other denomination.

The Romans translated what was called "The Assemblies of Lights" in the original text, to reading The church, which is nothing less than Corruption , Lies and a Fabrication of the Truth...

But then it is Written in "The Gospel of Thomas"

Quote:-

Jesus said,

“The Pharisees and the Scribes
have taken The Keys of Knowledge
and Hidden Them.

They themselves
have NOT entered,
nor have they allowed to enter
those who wish to."

The Scribes translated and compiled the manuscripts for the bible.

Jesus said, Quote:-

"Woe unto You Scribes and Pharisees and Hypocrites..."

Peter and Josephus were involved..

Josephus Defected to Rome.

Shame on You, Religious teachers.... of Earth

[edit on 3-7-2009 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beneia
Science has also proved that man has only been on earth for around 12 thousand years. Can't think of the PBS show that did it off the top of my head. But they proved through study of the ice in Greenland that it would have been impossible for man to live in the environment before 12,000 years ago.

Nope.
www.sciencedaily.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join