It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

H.R. 2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act

page: 1
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

H.R. 2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act


www.examiner.com

H.R. 2749, submitted by Rep. John Dingell says its purpose is to, “To amend Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to improve the safety of food in the global market, and for other purposes.”Careful reading of the bill reveals that its real mission is to greatly increase FDA regulatory powers over the national food supply and food providers by granting the FDA authority to:
Regulate how crops are raised
Regulate the harvest of those crops
Quarantine a geographic area
Establish a nat
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Some of the more alarming provisions in the bill are:

HR 2749 will impose an annual registration fee of 500.00 on any “=facility that holds, processes, or manufactures food. isn't this every home in the US, every garden? I believe it is!

HR 2749 would empower FDA to regulate how crops are raised and harvested. It puts the federal government right on the farm, dictating to our farmers, almost communist!

HR 2749 would give FDA the power to order a quarantine of a geographic area, including “prohibiting or restricting the movement of food or of any vehicle being used or that has been used to transport or hold such food within the geographic area. It would mean all cars that have ever brought groceries home so this means all means of transportation can be shut down under this.

HR 2749 would empower FDA to make random warrantless searches of the business records of small farmers and local food producers, without any evidence that there has been any violation.

READ this one carefully HR 2749 charges the Secretary of Health and Human Services with establishing a tracing system for food. Each “person who produces, manufactures, processes, packs, transports, or holds such food Is this not every home in the US? It is massive and absurd and burdensome beyond the capacity of people to comply. This is fascism? It is a set up for being used to impose penalties endlessly and/or to eliminate anyone at will.

What is this Country coming to! This gives the FDA the right to conduct warrantless searches .

Warrantless searches are specifically prohibited by the U.S. Constitution. Can you see that one by one we will lose our Freedom?

We already have a global food shortage in most developed Countries. Is this a means to take what is ours or limit what we can grow?

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10999 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

This is one of many! Our government had gotten out of control. Something must be done. Will they raid our gardens, as a means of further control?


HR 2749: Totalitarian Control of the Food Supply

Food Safety Bill HR 2749 Requires Immediate Opposition

Check out H.R. 2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act 2009

2009 Will Be Year of Global Food Crisis

Year of the hungry: 1,000,000,000 afflicted

www.examiner.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by wonderworld]



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Great. Just *snipping* great. This is the start of Codex Alimentarus. We are all going to die hungry with full stomachs because food will be so cheap but nutrient deprived.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Killah29
 


I have to say the the increase in the reduction of food and continuing regulation is getting a bit too much.

We have a problem in the EU, US, Australia and elsewhere. Unreal!



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Codex Alimentarius is comming, they need this bill to pass so they can fully implement it in America... sadly here in Australia we are already Codex compliant..
I can't stress enough how important is is right now for people to stock up on food (not just normal food either try and get nurtiant dense food). Survival is the only chance some people have now.

In the UN's own words they state there will be in excess of 3 BILLION I repeat 3 BILLION deaths as a DIRECT I repeat DIRECT result of the full implmentaion of codex alimentarius december 9th 2009.

peace and love to all.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin
 


Scary! It also proves my theory that SHTF by 2012! I'm flaming at the mouth too!

It's globally controlled ny the UN and G20.

There is absolutly nothing we can do and I'm not one to feel hlpless.

I have long term food storage locked away for about a year. That will run out fast.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Your interpretation of the bredth of the provisions is a little extreme and alarmist. No it dosent suggest every garden, kitchen and vehicle. It is heavy handed enough without hyping up B.S.

In all human history the food supply has never been safer in general or had more potential for disaster by the introduction of unclean practices.

I am all for regulating Agro Industry to high standards. They should look toward Pennsylvania for sanity, that has been an historically high quality state for food regulation due to the Quaker influences there. The laws are not the threat, the threat is the historical abuse of power which perverts the laws for profit. Instead of being distracted by laws we should be controlling who gets into office so that ethical people of benovelent nature hold the roles of responsibility.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
Your interpretation of the bredth of the provisions is a little extreme and alarmist. No it dosent suggest every garden, kitchen and vehicle. It is heavy handed enough without hyping up B.S.

In all human history the food supply has never been safer in general or had more potential for disaster by the introduction of unclean practices.

I am all for regulating Agro Industry to high standards. They should look toward Pennsylvania for sanity, that has been an historically high quality state for food regulation due to the Quaker influences there. The laws are not the threat, the threat is the historical abuse of power which perverts the laws for profit. Instead of being distracted by laws we should be controlling who gets into office so that ethical people of benovelent nature hold the roles of responsibility.


Hi,

I dont mean to bicker with you; although I'm up on my education to the worlds food shortage.

Did you know that The FDA said that id every american ate 4 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day there would not be enough.

I also added some other links to verify at the opening statement. The US EU and Austrailia are on the list. You might want to read it and prepare for your family. This is NO joke.

Thanks for your insight, though.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Giving the FDA more control is akin to giving a race car driver heroin right before he starts a race. There is gonna be a big crash.

This is getting insane. Can't we vote all these buggers out NOW?!?!?



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
But isn't this being prompted by the multiple salmanella and ecoli outbreaks we have had so much of the last few years? And let's not forget Mad cow.

I'm thinking of the contaminated dog food imported from China a couple of years ago.

So many dogs sustained organ damage and died from this, and I actually blamed the FDA for not doing its job, because it never should have entered the country to begin with. I thought.

And then the salmanella from the "bagged" spinach and lettuce. Turns out the salmanella was in the water the sprinkles were using to water it. (My thoughts were at the time it had been intentionally contaminated.)

So, don't we want someone to oversee these operations to insure that they meet standards, and are not marketing filth?

Or, have I misunderstood your point? That's entirely possible too.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony
 


I would be the first one in line to VOTE them out, unfortunatly it's to big to stop. It's part of a larger food control issue.

There is absolutly nothing we can do. Sad isnt it?

My first stop would be to place ballot boxes outside the G20 meetings.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
But isn't this being prompted by the multiple salmanella and ecoli outbreaks we have had so much of the last few years? And let's not forget Mad cow.

I'm thinking of the contaminated dog food imported from China a couple of years ago.

So many dogs sustained organ damage and died from this, and I actually blamed the FDA for not doing its job, because it never should have entered the country to begin with. I thought.

And then the salmanella from the "bagged" spinach and lettuce. Turns out the salmanella was in the water the sprinkles were using to water it. (My thoughts were at the time it had been intentionally contaminated.)

So, don't we want someone to oversee these operations to insure that they meet standards, and are not marketing filth?

Or, have I misunderstood your point? That's entirely possible too.


There is more to it than that. FDA also controls all the large pharmacutical companies. Food is a precious resource. We cant continue to have our home garders and farmers be fined and regulated like this. The food is skyrocketing. I expect by 2010 or so we may see double digit inflation.

To the average person it seems great. Trusting can be both good and bad. We are taught to trust our government and I wont be the one to tell you otherwise. I believe you will see some conflicts on your own.

Yes we need regulations but this bill is not in our best interests, yet serves the elite quite well.



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Some of the more alarming provisions in the bill are:

HR 2749 will impose an annual registration fee of 500.00 on any “=facility that holds, processes, or manufactures food. isn't this every home in the US, every garden? I believe it is!



Yes, however, I can claim farm based income on my tax forms for having a garden... so that takes care of that problem...




HR 2749 would empower FDA to regulate how crops are raised and harvested. It puts the federal government right on the farm, dictating to our farmers, almost communist!



That depends... if we were mandating crop rotation, the Dust Bowl would never have happened...

Some of the others you pointed out though.. especially warrantless investigations do sound rather concerning...



posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


I can tell you are fond of the FDA. I hope they dont unlawfully search and sieze your garden then tax you on top of it.

I refuse to allow FDA telling me anything other than what I buy in a store.

I dont think you fully understand the scope of the bill and it's nasty consequences.

P.S I think you should ask several farmers what they think of the bill.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by wonderworld]



posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting
 


I don't trust the FDA any farther than I can throw them. It took years for them to allow stevia, a natural healing sweetener and I still don't know how they let it go through. I am still shocked. Yet aspartame, sorbitol and all this other junk has been around for years, polluting peoples bodies.

Do you know what carmine is? It two bugs, mashed up, boiled, then made into a substance that is used to color strawberries and such, red items. It's in your yogurt. Dead, boiled bugs are used in our food and most times it's not even listed. That is disgusting. I don't want to eat bugs, yet it's been around for years. That's just a tiny bit of the iceberg that is the FDA.

So, I'll stop before I get myself all riled up, but if you get on the mailing list of this site:

Natural News

You will learn a thing or three about how worthless they really are. They are the government, you know, and government rarely, IMO, ever gets anything right.

I'll leave it at that.



posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony
 


No doubt! The FDA is already under staffed and cant even control the prescrpion drug part of their duties.

They dont start inspecting until kids die of Ecoli and other food related illnesses.

There may be another motive to this that fits the bigger picture!



posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Go talk to anyone who works in produce dept at any store they throw away WAY more than they sell if we all ate more fruit and veg the only downside would be McD's would go under and i know this for a fact cause i changed my diet and now eat at McD's once a month if that much and i always vomit afterwards i do agree about less nutrition in the fruits and veg though for 2 reasons pesticides and improper crop rotation fruit from a neighbors garden tastes better and has an actual kick of energy but from the store its just a filler at least for me anyway


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i will vote and back this......why you ask..

Simply because you kind folk's voted against my tobacco .

ain't America grand



tax everything obama!!!!!!!!!
Control everything!!!!!!!
the anti -smoker's were to ignorant to realize they opened this can of worm's.....
hope you happy with ya clean lung's..and soon to be empty stomach lol

[edit on 24-6-2009 by TheAmused]



posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
But isn't this being prompted by the multiple salmanella and ecoli outbreaks we have had so much of the last few years? And let's not forget Mad cow.

I'm thinking of the contaminated dog food imported from China a couple of years ago.

So many dogs sustained organ damage and died from this, and I actually blamed the FDA for not doing its job, because it never should have entered the country to begin with. I thought.

And then the salmanella from the "bagged" spinach and lettuce. Turns out the salmanella was in the water the sprinkles were using to water it. (My thoughts were at the time it had been intentionally contaminated.)

So, don't we want someone to oversee these operations to insure that they meet standards, and are not marketing filth?

Or, have I misunderstood your point? That's entirely possible too.


I think it was intentionally allowed to happen. There was salmonella in cantelopes and tomatoes. No contamination for years and then suddenly incident after incident and they conveniently put out this bill which will control people and it's a coincidence?



posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by max.is.awake
Go talk to anyone who works in produce dept at any store they throw away WAY more than they sell if we all ate more fruit and veg the only downside would be McD's would go under and i know this for a fact cause i changed my diet and now eat at McD's once a month if that much and i always vomit afterwards i do agree about less nutrition in the fruits and veg though for 2 reasons pesticides and improper crop rotation fruit from a neighbors garden tastes better and has an actual kick of energy but from the store its just a filler at least for me anyway


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



We are a wasteful society. Why not give it to the poor? We poison of food to get the best looking product. Our cattle is shot full of steroids and other stuff. Too much pesticides that cause free radicals to produce faster.

We also have a major agricultural problem in Australia, EU , US and God only knows where else!



new topics

top topics



 
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join