It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan's Lunar Probe's final moments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Daily Mail (UK) on-line site has following article with photos and high def videos. Haven't checked all the videos yet but I'm sure some else has....

Footage showing the dramatic descent of a probe minutes before it crashes into the surface of the Moon has been released by the Japanese space agency.
The final moments of the Kaguya lunar probe were caught by its on-board high-definition camera as it hurtled downwards on June 11 and as it fell the images were beamed back to Earth

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Enjoy!

Peace

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
thanx i loved the few pics there was

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't believe the majority of moon conspiracies, but the main picture in that link shows "dunes" that could only be made by WIND! I can't think of any other explanation for the long mounds and valleys on the surface. Without Wind, everything should be chiral, or starburst from impacts. Only wind could whip up the dunes.

Someone tell me what I am missing. I don't mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is absolutely beutiful imagry! VEry peaceful and serene! Unprecidented detail! And that earth view was so breathtaking! Wouldnt youall agree? Shame they had to crash the spacecraft...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Nah...

I think it has been rained on for millions if no billions of years by "star dust" "Space particles" Whatever the real name for it is. Which would pile up over time like snow does in winter and would create that type of landscape IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Pleased you all liked them - I too thought the quality was great. Let's hope we get many more....

Peace!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I don't believe the majority of moon conspiracies, but the main picture in that link shows "dunes" that could only be made by WIND! I can't think of any other explanation for the long mounds and valleys on the surface. Without Wind, everything should be chiral, or starburst from impacts. Only wind could whip up the dunes.

Someone tell me what I am missing. I don't mind.

Well now... you are bang on. That is something I am working on but its taking a long time to match location photos from old LO images and Apollo images. But your right looks like dunes

Also can anyone tell me what we are looking at? I am pretty familiar with the moon, for obvious reasons, and it doesn't look very familiar

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bd8c62c7490.jpg[/atsimg]

One thing to remember though

The raging dust storms on the Moon

Think I am pulling your leg?

NASA SAYS...

MOON STORMS

December 7, 2005: Every lunar morning, when the sun first peeks over the dusty soil of the moon after two weeks of frigid lunar night, a strange storm stirs the surface.

The next time you see the moon, trace your finger along the terminator, the dividing line between lunar night and day. That's where the storm is. It's a long and skinny dust storm, stretching all the way from the north pole to the south pole, swirling across the surface, following the terminator as sunrise ceaselessly sweeps around the moon.

Never heard of it? Few have. But scientists are increasingly confident that the storm is real.

Astronauts may have seen the storms, too. While orbiting the Moon, the crews of Apollo 8, 10, 12, and 17 sketched "bands" or "twilight rays" where sunlight was apparently filtering through dust above the moon's surface. This happened before each lunar sunrise and just after each lunar sunset. NASA's Surveyor spacecraft also photographed twilight "horizon glows," much like what the astronauts saw.

science.nasa.gov...

SUNSET RAYS??? On the MOON??

Yup Seems that they have seen them since Surveyor and the Apollo astronauts drew sketches

science.nasa.gov...

Moon Fountain related material Surveyor pics

Now then... you were saying about Moon Conspiracies?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, I tend to agree, and I am pretty skeptical when it comes to the moon, but piling snow is supremely flat unless it is influenced by wind. I don't know if the so-called "Solar wind" could produce that effect. I thought the solar wind was only radiation.

I don't have any decent graphic programs on my work computer, but on the very first or main picture in that link, the surface of the moon looks swept. there are longitudinal lines even within the craters and pock marks. If the top were due north, I would suspect a wind coming from the NW, or about 315 deg.

Edit:
Thanks Zorgon, I was typing while you posted that. I am reading all the links now!

[edit on 23-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon you complelty rock you give me new things to think of all the time, All Hail to mighty Zorgon

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Also can anyone tell me what we are looking at? I am pretty familiar with the moon, for obvious reasons, and it doesn't look very familiar

What? You don't recognize Drygalsky P? I'm very disappointed. The 7 HD pictures (what they call HD, it's interpolated 720p, not real 1080p) and their coordinates are here (two links on the bottom):
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

SUNSET RAYS??? On the MOON??

It can't be the corona? As in an eclipse ?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
See here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a thread on the Japanese satalite crashing onto the moon.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here in english:
www.jaxa.jp...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please see this new thread discussing dunes on the moon!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, I tend to agree, and I am pretty skeptical when it comes to the moon, but piling snow is supremely flat unless it is influenced by wind. I don't know if the so-called "Solar wind" could produce that effect. I thought the solar wind was only radiation.

Wind wouldn't have much to do with it.

If "stardust "space particles" or whatever fell on an uneven surface to begin with it would pile up at differing heights.
Just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
This is a thread on the Japanese satalite crashing onto the moon.

Gotta LOVE the first reply on your thread

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
Looks like a video game, but it's pretty cool.

PRICELESS and I agree

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
It can't be the corona? As in an eclipse ?

No it can't All you have to do is read the scientific papers. Unless of course your saying NASA is lying? These have also been observed from Earth by astronomers but those who saw them were told they were nuts. There is an astronomical website that tracks these sightings

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave
Pleased you all liked them - I too thought the quality was great. Let's hope we get many more....

Kinda hard to get many more... after it crashed

top topics

join