It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cloverfield UFO splashes down (movie)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can confirm that this was added in by JJ and crew, and was not 'accidentally' captured during filming. I have seen two alternative versions of this scene since originally viewing it at the cinema, and one of them does not have the object falling in the water.
When I watched the film in the cinema I didn't see the object falling (and I was expectantly looking for something like that) I only saw it when the DVD came out.

Also (if I remember correctly) the satellite falling is mentioned on a radio or TV news broadcast near the start of the movie (good old foreshadowing, ya gotta love it!)

A lot of people hated the film, but I loved it. Great viral campaign pre-release had me hyped big-time. My only disappointment was it turned out not to be Cthulhu related

[edit on 23/6/09 by sotp]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
it was meant to be in the movie,i saw it the first time around,nothin special,just shows when and how it got there...if u have the dvd and watch it with directors comments he explains

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I didn't read the other comments, so sorry if I repeat what's already been said.

This was a subtle yet intentional addition to the movie by J.J. Abrams. I'm not sure if it was a UFO or a satellite carrying some sort of parasite that crashed into the sea, but whatever it was it morphed one of the creatures into that monster you see in the movie. If you watched the movie you'd notice that it was a "home-movie" sort of production, and that the monster bits of the movie were taped over the protagonist's bits where he's with his ex-girlfriend in the past. That scene where they're on the ride was taken before the monster incident, and was supposed to give some sort of reason for the monster's existence.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Since were on the subject, why would a leading political party which ran for the E.U elections had this T.V running on all networks. For reference, this political party won 2009 election and is in the E.U. office.

Estonia:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
To the above post - nice one, hilarious... hopefully it's someone pranking the tv crew ~ unless it's a subtle hint that they're being run by a shadow government.

I was really impressed by the Cloverfield virals and really dissapointed by the movie, nice idea, but it reminded me of Blair Witch and I felt it fell flat. I was also really hoping for it to be the Great Cthulhu, which would've been awesome.

(where's that Guillermo del Toro movie?)

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Apparently there is no mention of the alien within that video. Why is it in there, i have no idea, most people laughed about the alien in the T.V. spot, but to have something like that in your add from the leading political party of Estonia does seem to suggest something.

edit: Some requested the youtube link

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by tristar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join