It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary Guards commander defies Khamenei's orders to use force on protesters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I have to say I'm a little bit sceptical about this. There seems to be a lot of disinformation and rumour going around at the moment, and I'm not sure what information to trust - particularly since there are a lot of external parties that have a vested interest in destabilizing Iran (and I don't mean just in the West).

If true this would be a very dangerous game for Iran's leaders to play. Once they arrest one general it's not inconceivable that the others may also start questioning their loyalties.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is fantastic news, the revolutionary guard should have been the most trustworthy and closest to the council, although he may be replaced this news should spread to all the conscripts in Iran and may result in some form of a "Röhm-Putsch" or night of the long knives[in a positive way]..
I just discussed this with a friend of mine, how far will conscripts go and kill their own people?how is the morale, do they get paid good? we thought the RG was the last line of defence for the clerics, so this should work top-down through the whole chain of command, and if the news is false i hope it will be a selffulfilling prophecy

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the protests are beginning to die down, while there was further action today, it was only a few hundred hard core supporters.

I haven't seen much in the way of protests being reported from cities other than Tehran.

As much as I want it to be otherwise, I think the MSM is spinning this "revolt" to be much larger than it actually is.

Those hoping for a regime change in Iran are in for a big disappointment.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

America stay out of this? they were the ones that just spend 400 million in CIA blackops in Iran to incite all of this in the first place.. America stay out? too late for that my friend.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

Just to be sure,
There's no proof or evidence of this,
All we have is the Iranian governments statement that we put that money into the revolution, is that true? or has some ground breaking news occured proving we are backing this revolution?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is a story about one man rising above the stupidity of "group think" and manipulation by "the man."

A lesson we can all learn, because, in my eyes, we're all slaves to those in charge, or we're not. There is no middle ground. Freedom doesn't come in percentages -- you can't be 50% free. You're either free, or you're not.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yeah and the American government is just soooo much more trustworthy and honest then other governments...... LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin
Yeah and the American government is just soooo much more trustworthy and honest then other governments...... LOL

That's still not proof of anything. No governments that i'm aware of is "trustworthy", but that still doesn't prove the US government is behind this at all. In fact most evidence points to us staying out of it, in all honesty I wish we would help them. For once a large muslim population is fighting to join the civilized world, and drop the religious police from their lives. If ever there was a time when the west should step in, it's now.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Important Update:

Clerics join Iran's anti-government protests

www.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- A photo showing Iranian clerics prominently participating in an anti-government protest speaks volumes about the new face of Iran's opposition movement.

In a blatant act of defiance, a group of Mullahs took to the streets of Tehran, to protest election results that returned incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to power.

Whether these clerics voted for Ahmadinejad or one of the opposition candidates is unknown. What is important here, is the decision to march against the will of Iran's supreme leader who called the results final and declared demonstrations illegal.

Since CNN seems to be the only acceptable source around here anymore (
), maybe this will lend some credence to the OP.

This is getting serious. Gotta be. The clerics are dividing now and something's gotta give.

edit: and just now a twitter:
Cracks are starting in Rev. Guard. Many are joining protests.

[edit on Wed Jun 24th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'll check around for collaborating links. This could be very big!
Star for you. Good find

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Twitter: RT from Iran: in Baharestan we saw militia with axe choping ppl like meat - blood everywhere - like butcher - Allah Akbar
=============================================

Man oh man, what do you do? On one hand you don't want to get involved, and on the other you want to nuke these scum. But is it really any different than all the other genocide and injustice that has been perpetrated around the world, including right here in the USA when brutal police do the same things to protesters. Remember the girl who got killed not long ago by a rubber bullet in the eye? Who fried for that? And where were the patriots with guns then?

Can I move to Saturn or something and get away from this mess and live the rest of my life in peace, please? My God.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Violence flares again in Tehran

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Security forces wielding clubs and firing weapons beat back demonstrators who flocked to a Tehran square Wednesday to continue protests, with one witness saying security forces beat people like "animals."

At least two sources described wild and violent conditions at a part of Tehran where protesters had planned to demonstrate.

"They were waiting for us," the source said. "They all have guns and riot uniforms. It was like a mouse trap."

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Twitter: RT from Iran: in Baharestan we saw militia with axe choping ppl like meat - blood everywhere - like butcher - Allah Akbar
=============================================

Wow, they're using axes. If true, that's as brutal as you can get, they really wanna scare those kids. I don't think bombing the country is the answer at all, it will make things much worse. Arming the population would be a better form of physical assistance, however difficult it would be. The Iranian government seems to be actively avoiding blaming the US, and directing everything at the UK. That's odd, i'm sure it's because Obama kisses their arses, they are returning the favor.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by Bachfin

That's still not proof of anything. No governments that i'm aware of is "trustworthy", but that still doesn't prove the US government is behind this at all. In fact most evidence points to us staying out of it, in all honesty I wish we would help them. For once a large muslim population is fighting to join the civilized world, and drop the religious police from their lives. If ever there was a time when the west should step in, it's now.

Yeah thats right!!! America bombs the innocent childeren of other countrys so why not Iran too!! .....

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Bachfin

Just to be sure,
There's no proof or evidence of this,
All we have is the Iranian governments statement that we put that money into the revolution, is that true? or has some ground breaking news occured proving we are backing this revolution?

Where was Americas 'proof' of WMDs before going into Irac? Americans cry proof when it's in their intrest but disregard the lack of it when it's also in their intrest... how ironic...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
When are Americans going to wakeup to the fact that their media outlets are nothing short of Nazi propaganda machines?

You'll be alright.. go drink some more fluride it's all ok.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

You really think the US intentionally targets children? It is horrible when innocents get caught in the middle of war, but the bastards who hide among them on purpose in order to try and save their own hides share half the blame. Of course not in your eyes, they are heroes to you I assume. Besides being scared to fight head on (must not be so sure that allah will protect scum like them), they also want the US to drop bombs on children, so they (and you) can use it to their (and your) political advantage. I guarantee the US soldiers by and large would much rather not endanger children in any country, if given the choice.

Funny though, that not even the Iranian government is blaming the US, yet you are. Also funny that as you criticize the US for past mistakes and unintentional civilian casualties, in Iran they are shooting and beating unarmed people to death, very intentionally, but you offer no criticism of the brutal injustices happening right now at the hands of the Iranian government. Why is that, are you really that much of a hypocrite?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well there seems to be a lot of confusion as to the reasons behind the present situation in Iran. I have taken it upon myself to clarify a few things. If you care to understand the under lying reasons behind the Iranian crises please follow this link.

Try to have a nice day

Iranian revolt Explaned

top topics

<< 1   >>

join