It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary Guards commander defies Khamenei's orders to use force on protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Revolutionary Guards commander defies Khamenei's orders to use force on protesters

www.ibtimes.co.uk

A commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards has been arrested for refusing to obey Iran's Supreme Leader, according to reports from the Balatarin website.

General Ali Fazli, who was recently appointed as a commander of the Revolutionary Guards in the province of Tehran, is reported to have been arrested after he refused to carry out orders from the Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei to use force on people protesting the controversial re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.goog le.com
www.google.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Basijis being beaten-up by Iranians
Street Clashes ... Iranian Police overwhelmed by protesters[NEW VIDEO JUN 21]
Iran finds US-backed MKO fingermarks in riots

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Now this could signal an important turning point. If the Revolutionary Guard starts refusing to use force against the protesters, it could start a ripping tear that may not be fixable- and the country could find itself in a bitter internal war of factions.

And funny that I just posted this other ATS article (video) about some of the Basij getting beaten up by the Iranians:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this is more profound, as the Iranian Revolutionary Guard is the elite of the Iranian military, staunchly protecting the government and Mullahs!

www.ibtimes.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
More profound indeed. The Revolutionary Guard is the only thing standing between the demonstrators and the mullahs. If the RG goes, so goes the Ruling Council.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
wow

Don't know what to say but

wooooo hooooo, way to go!

you know thing is... people all over the world will be moved by these actions, TPTB might just find that what they started here is infectious and uncontrolable world wide...

this is good.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is a big step, but it doesnt mean the doors open
Basij forces are the ruthless violent ones.
The republican guard are the elite army, these people have rules and obey command.
The Basij are just plain violent thugs. They are the brainwashed type, those who grew up believing everything written in the Quaran and told by the Ayatollah.

The revolutionary guard may make up its mind, but the Basij will do what the Ayatollah or the Hezbollah commander says

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Can we absolutely believe the story's source though?

Ultimately the Western Media has to come up with something plausible as to why there are no real pictures of Security Forces armed with guns and why most of the pictures appearing in the Media are just Security Forces standing around, and Demonstrators attacking Security Forces versus Security Forces attacking them.

The Islamic Revolution swept a very violent and repressive regime of the Shah's propped up the SAVAK who had the worst human rights record imaginable.

I honestly don't believe the Ayatollahs who came to popular power through that process of throwing off a brutally repressive regime would resort to the same tactics and hope to have any credibility with the people that once turned to them to be their champions.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is good news. Hopefully that kind of mentality will spread.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
VIDEO PROOF AHMADINEJAD ASKING FOR VOTER FRAUD FROM COUNCIL???

Quick we need a Farsi translator!

www.ireport.com...

DISCLAIMER:this video was sent to me from IRan which has video proof of ahmadinejad proposing to change the islamic republic system in IRan at the moment to chane it to a dictatorship where people do not have the right to vote.

PLEASE USE YOUR FARSI TRANSLATORS TO VERIFY THIS.

Video proof of Ahmadinejad asking for permision to crack down any pro democracy movement in Iran prior to the june 12 elecrtion, and change islamic republic to islamic facist dictatorship.

the islamic revolution cannot be stopped, we need to change from islamic republic to a new islamic system that controls everything, including the outcome of elections. Since the proposed system is not a republic, there is no need for elections to take place in Iran every 4 years. as you requested, it is time to make this change in the system in Iran. And the ebst place to get support for this change is to ask you, the clerical council.

PLEASE USE YOUR FARSI TRANSLATORS TO VALIDATE THIS

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Good on him,following a soldiers ideals
Kudos to him! let's hope the RG collapse and join the protestors then we know it's a revolution!
some amazing things happening there atm
i personally think this is a distraction for something else

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
i personally think this is a distraction for something else

I hear ya on that. I just saw a twitter that the UK is evacuating all non-essential personnel from the British embassy in Tehran. Is it time to start speculating yet on what happens when embassies get evacuated?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If this story is real its doubtfull that this commander will live through the night.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A twitter poses a pertinent question:

Would you have even noticed Neda's dead &bloodied body, if you had bomb, bomb, bombed iran?

Ouch @ McCain.

FredT, I doubt that guy lived beyond them being out of sight of any crowd that could videophone the execution.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
If this story is real its doubtfull that this commander will live through the night.

Perhaps the Ayatollah needed to stall because he's between a rock and a hard place right now. On the one hand he really can't afford to look weak internally, so he really wants to let the revolutionary guard off the leash. But on the other hand, the only thing that will bring the US and others into it physically would be slaughtering those kids. Obama will be forced to act if that happens. Very difficult situation for the Ayatollah Assahollah right now.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Very sad but true. However it could also be the tipping point that turns some of the miliary against those in power. The events going down in Iran are so volatile that anything seems possible at the moment.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So the head commander of the Revolutionary Guard is arrested. I find it odd if he was head of that paramilitary unit, and he had men under him, why he didn't go to the Ayatollah's residence in the middle of night and arrest and detain the man and while he was at it arrest Ahmadenejad as well? He has the authority doesn't he to perform such an act. I can't believe he would allow himself to be arrested. Anyway, I commend the man for standing up for what is right.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
IF REAL!

So now it begins in earnest....

"IF" This spreads then TPTB really seriously need to step back and look at the big picture here. What did the Shaw do in 1979 when he heard of a similar situation?

OH Yeah he scheduled a vacation.

hhhhmmmm I wonder?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Now if only our own militia would show such courage. To know that an order was intrinsically wrong, against the people of any country, such as in Afghanistan or Iraq, and refuse to carry out any such order no matter what the consequences. Unity. We need peace! We are one!

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Am i the only one seeing a disturbed equation here:
-RG Armored troops moving to Teheran, away from the Iraqi border (haven't recieved a confirmation yet)
-RG leadership is in dissarray
-Baisiji-units are tied up in the protests

This leaves rest of the Iranian army, that is neither well equipped nor motivated securing the western border.

If USA or Israel are looking for an opportunity to attack Iran this would be their best change in years...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I wasn't expecting this, I was expecting there to be more blood to be used as an excuse for the justification of "western" military intervention. Maybe we haven't seen that play itself out quite fully yet but it's still coming?

[edit on 23-6-2009 by blackhatchet]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhatchet

That's exactly why the US should stay out of the situation.
Let the Iranians decide for themselves and only later if they want an open relationship with the west and the US then by all means we should at that point support them. But if we do anything too soon we will be accused of trying to set up another puppet Government.

There will be those who no matter what happens will say on either side the US has done the wrong thing

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join