It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly smash: Washington subway trains collide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Wow, its getting worse and worse and the news progresses.

"With the four confirmed fatalities, it is my preliminary understanding that this would be then the deadliest accident in the history of our Metro train transit system," Fenty said at a news conference Monday evening.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Confirmed 6 now dead, According to DC's mayor,

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I drove by the area today to meet a friend. Traffic was still pretty bad around 8. It was the Red line too which is the metro line we take into the city any time we go in. Very Scary. My heart goes out to all of the vitcims and thier families.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If only the people who run the country were right up in the front car, instead of innocent people.....

I notice I am in a very dark mood as of late...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say that the death toll has risen to 9.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Bad, very bad situation. Accidents like this are usually include a human factor. Some of the collisions I have experienced and seen were not nearly this severe, where causalities resulted. Reading more reports, fingers are pointing to the automatic train system. What operators and patrons alike use for the "protection" from other trains. Usually collisions like this occur when one train is operating in a manual mode of movement. Again, in my experience when a train moves in a manual mode the speed is limited to much lower speed than normal automatic movement.

Looking at the images, it's a horrifying scene to see the lead car of the moving train on top of the train car of the stopped train. While there most likely be some human factors involved as contributing to the collision, hopefully investigators can nail down something in the automatic train systems.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join