It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly smash: Washington subway trains collide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Deadly smash: Washington subway trains collide

www.theage.com.au

Two underground metro trains have collided in the US capital, Washington, leaving one train on top of the other, CNN has reported.

One person was killed and "many'' passengers were injured, Alan Etter, a spokesman for the Washington fire department, told local station WRC-TV.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The death toll climbed to nine in a rush-hour collision between two Metro trains north of Washington on Monday, with scores more injured, CNN affiliates reported.

edition.cnn.com...

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow that sounds very serious - I hope the accident occurred somewhere the emergency services can get easy access. For one train to end up on top of the other must of involved some force / speed.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Please stay in observer mode and don't jump to any conclusions of terrorists or false flags just yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Live video: www.nbcwashington.com...

It looks terrible, one train is on top of the other.

CX

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
More details on Sky...

Two underground trains have collided in Washington DC and several people are reported to have been killed.

Up to 55 people have also been injured, according to local media reports.

A six-carriage red line train smashed into another at 5.05pm local time between the Fort Totten and Takoma Park stations on Metro's red line.

It derailed near the Washington and Maryland border.

The Washington DC emergency alert system said in an an e-mail message: "Metro reports that two trains collided and one train is on top of the other train.

"Metro reports massive injuries at this time."

Source: Two Trains Collide 'Killing Several People

Sky has this on the news at the moment, one train is on top of another. Lets hope the rest of the passengers and staff get off ok.

CX.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I see this section of the track is above ground - that's one good thing really - much easier to get injured out, equipment in - the pictures look bad. Sometimes this is a vehicle got on the tracks somehow.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Lets hope the rest of the passengers and staff get off ok.

Sadly it really looks like the driver of the train that has ended up underneath would of had almost no chance of survival - unless he / she somehow managed to make it back into the train just before impact.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Well we can hope that some how some way not many people were killed and not assume anything or project negativity while trying to keep a positive outlook for those involved.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
These poor people were probly just on their way home from work at that time like any other day and this happens.Makes me pause to think,am i taking life for granted?

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A female driver of one of the trains is one of the dead.

It looks like a very good response from the services - that will make a huge difference.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Echoing others here. The video looks bad. I hope the numbers stay low. This is real news, of course, I tune to Fox News and CNN and they were both on commercials. So frustrating. I am going to give up on MSM news.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
First, What a terrible sad event and my thoughts and prayer go out to the families who have now lost relatives,

Now to update,

A 3rd person has thought to have died,
Over 100 injured in this accident.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The mayor just announced 4 fatalities.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
DC fire chief reports at least 70 injured, 50 are not serious
Fire chief says 12 were moderate, 2 critical

Fire Dept. using special search and rescue dog on train to look for any victims that can’t be seen who may be trapped

According to BNO news,

[edit on 22-6-2009 by asala]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Man, what horrible news with the casualties but I tell you what, if this had happened half hour to forty five minutes later it would have been much much worse.

This is only a couple of miles from my house and I am very familiar with that metro line, and as you can imagine it is jammed packed around 6pm.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
dosent this has something to do with ardent sentry?
i might be wrong, but i heard something about train collisions having to do with that.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by everywhereandnowhere

yeah thats what i was thinking when i heard of this news, i recall someone mentioning a train crash around this time

sad news nevertheless

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
4 dead after Metro train derailment, collision ... in WTOP

www.wtop.com...

AP here:
www.google.com...

[edit on 22-6-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Sadly news is coming in that more bodies have been found within the wreckage, The death toll could now rise to 7... Awaiting that piece of news to be confirmed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join