It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Sightings?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
there was so much connectivity between Talbot and ghosts.

Talbot hotel
Talbot pub
Talbot road

So jlc163, I'm not sure i am talking about the same place. It could be something from Henry VI, or it could be something from Oxford that comes to mind.

If I am ever lifted by a ghost, I'll surely ask him to transport me across the pond to Ireland. He doesn't have to provide me peanuts, just save me the airfare.

G

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I posted a long detailed story explaining two unkown men. I appreciate the stories shared, but ask if anyone knows from experience or research about the factors that conflict most accounts of ghost encounters.

Such as, typically ghost stay with in a "home" area. They have been conected to this location and exist there only.
IN CONTRAST the unknown men appeare in multiple places (even different countries) and different times (ages) of my life.

Also, I may be wrong, but if I'm not mistaking most ghostly beings don't verbally communicate or offer advise, support, or past life recolection that would be only effect the visited's past.

True ghost may travel as companions if connected, but I have never heard of one intity serving as protector of another. Nor have I crossed another account of detailed differences in appearance, abilities, or presence of "couple ghosts." It's as if one is a different "intity" than the other, but yet accompany each other.

As for the suggestion of Angels, that too also conflicts with numerous accounts that hold similarities to one another.

Such as, typically a vision of an Angel has a light glowing or radiating from it's presence. My unknown men do not.

Also, most accounts of Angel encounters include levitation or floating of the intity.

Any other suggestions of their "true" selves or where they came from. Even their purpose and reasoning for spiratic visits, with "promise" for future contact.

I am new to this research, so if my facts are incorrect, please correct them so I may have futhur success.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have always been very aware of ghosts around me, that is I have felt their presence in the older homes that we lived in, but I had never actually seen one until I moved into the home I have now. I had been living here for about a month and one night I was lying in bed and was awakened for some reason. I looked out toward the living room and there in the doorway looking in, was a shadow which was darker than all of the other shadows around it. The shadow was in the shape of a man with an old time, wide-brimmed farmer hat. I blinked a few times to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing and then turned to look at my husband who was sleeping. When I turned back, the shadow was gone.

The next day, I was telling my husband about it and he decided to tell me about his experiences with the spirit in the house. It has never harmed anyone, and in fact has often turned on the light in the hallway for my daughter. Although the spirit did not like one person who we had living here. When he was here alone, the ghost would slam doors open and shut for long periods of time. Finally, one night he fell asleep on the couch and just after we had gone to bed he let out the most terrifying scream. We rushed into the livingroom and he told us that he had felt a presence near him and he couldn't move, then suddenly he felt a hand drop on his shoulder. He moved shortly after that and we have had no trouble from the spirit since. Mainly it will hide things that you are looking for and once you have searched the entire house, the item will turn up in either a very strange location, or the location where you set it down the first time.

At any rate, I don't think that this spirit is harmful so we accept him as a part of our lives, after all, he was here before we were.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Gen 18:1-5,8-18, And the LORD appeared (8735) unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat (8802) in the tent door in the heat of the day; And he lift up (8799) his eyes and looked (8799), and, lo, three men stood (8737) by him: and when he saw (8799) them, he ran (8799) to meet (8800) them from the tent door, and bowed (8691) himself toward the ground, And said (8799), My Lord, if now I have found (8804) favour in thy sight, pass not away (8799), I pray thee, from thy servant: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched (8714), and wash (8798) your feet, and rest yourselves (8734) under the tree: And I will fetch (8799) a morsel of bread, and comfort ye (8798) your hearts; after that ye shall pass on (8799): for therefore are ye come (8804) to your servant. And they said (8765), So do (8799), as thou hast said (8799). ...And he took (8799) butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed (8804), and set (8799) it before them; and he stood (8802) by them under the tree, and they did eat (8799).
And they said (8799) unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said (8799), Behold, in the tent. And he said (8799), I will certainly (8800) return (8799) unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard (8802) it in the tent door, which was behind him. Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken (8802) in age; and it ceased (8804) to be with Sarah after the manner of women. Therefore Sarah laughed (8799) within herself, saying (8800), After I am waxed old (8800) shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also (8804)? And the LORD said (8799) unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh (8804), saying (8800), Shall I of a surety bear (8799) a child, which am old (8804)? Is any thing too hard (8735) for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return (8799) unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Then Sarah denied (8762), saying (8800), I laughed (8804) not; for she was afraid (8804). And he said (8799), Nay; but thou didst laugh (8804). And the men rose up (8799) from thence, and looked (8686) toward Sodom: and Abraham went (8802) with them to bring them on the way (8763). And the LORD said (8804), Shall I hide (8764) from Abraham that thing which I do (8802); Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed (8738) in him?And the LORD said (8799), Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous (8804); I will go down (8799) now, and see (8799) whether they have done (8804) altogether according to the cry of it, which is come (8802) unto me; and if not, I will know (8799). And the men turned their faces (8799) from thence, and went (8799) toward Sodom: but Abraham stood (8802) yet before the LORD.

It is traditionally thought that the three men were angel attendants to the lord's being there--they still looked like men. The My Lord stuff was custom as to how they greeted guests they considered equals--very subservant, it still plays out like that in some of the middle-east...

Gen 19:1-11, 15 And there came (8799) two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat (8802) in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing (8799) them rose up (8799) to meet (8800) them; and he bowed (8691) himself with his face toward the ground; And he said (8799), Behold now, my lords, turn in (8798), I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night (8798), and wash (8798) your feet, and ye shall rise up early (8689), and go (8804) on your ways. And they said (8799), Nay; but we will abide in the street all night (8799). And he pressed (8799) upon them greatly; and they turned in (8799) unto him, and entered (8799) into his house; and he made (8799) them a feast, and did bake (8804) unleavened bread, and they did eat (8799). But before they lay down (8799), the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round (8738), both old and young, all the people from every quarter: And they called (8799) unto Lot, and said (8799) unto him, Where are the men which came in (8804) to thee this night? bring them out (8685) unto us, that we may know (8799) them. And Lot went out (8799) at the door unto them, and shut (8804) the door after him, And said (8799), I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly (8686).
Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known (8804) man; let me, I pray you, bring them out (8686) unto you, and do (8798) ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do (8799) nothing *; for therefore came (8804) they under the shadow of my roof. And they said (8799), Stand (8798) back. And they said (8799) again, This one fellow came in (8804) to sojourn (8800), and he will needs (8800) be a judge (8799): now will we deal worse (8686) with thee, than with them. And they pressed (8799) sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near (8799) to break (8800) the door. But the men [the angels inside the house] put forth (8799) their hand, and pulled (8686) Lot into the house to them, and shut (8804) to the door. And they smote (8689) the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied (8799) themselves to find (8800) the door. ... And when the morning arose (8804), then the angels hastened (8686) Lot, saying (8800), Arise (8798), take (8798) thy wife, and thy two daughters, which are here (8737); lest thou be consumed (8735) in the iniquity of the city.

The fact is, that, especially in the early histories, angels, though beings of light, would appear wholy men, often to mate with men... They wern't always "epiphany" shiny, no... We just like to remember Shadrach, Meshack , and Abendigo with the shiny angel in the furnace.

Also:

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful (5737) to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained (5660) angels unawares (5627).
Points this out directly. They not all shiney, no, just when they need to be...

Originally posted by Unseens
As for the suggestion of Angels, that too also conflicts with numerous accounts that hold similarities to one another.

Such as, typically a vision of an Angel has a light glowing or radiating from it's presence. My unknown men do not.

Also, most accounts of Angel encounters include levitation or floating of the intity.

I am new to this research, so if my facts are incorrect, please correct them so I may have futhur success.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join