It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Sightings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have never seen a ghost although i am a beliver in the afterlife, i have felt a ghostly presence but i have never actually seen one!

I have often wondered how i would react to seeing such a thing so i am here to ask you:

Have you seen a ghost?

What was it like?

What was your reaction?

Thank you

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Being as I live in a home with ghosts, yup. To check out my stuff, click the WEB button on my post. Plenty of photos and some stories if you go to the LIVE JOURNAL link.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Scotland probably has more ghosts than most countries around the world,due largely to the fact it has such a bloody history .For a small country Scotland has literally hundreds of battlefields and many old buildings built on ground that was burial sites many years ago.I had a ghostly experience when I was thirteen years old -I stayed in a normal council house (1950s) .One night about 11pm I was sitting in the living room after having just watched a horror movie. My mum was upstairs putting my sister to bed when I got a dreadful feeling of fear, I suddenly felt my eyes being drawn towards the shelves in an alcove and for no good reason a silver trophy that belonged to my Dad slid to the edge of the shelf and fell off with an almighty crash I nearly jumped through the ceiling with fear . This incident was REAL it was not my imagination nor was it a dream or hallucination-Ghosts are real !!!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Despite living in various old houses (one from the 1600's, the others from the mid -1800's) I have only experienced one occurance that I could consider to be 'ghostly'. That was when I was poked playfully in the back by an entity that I later came to believe was the ghost of a child. The room I was occupying was originally the attic nursery of the Victorian House I lived in.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have seen a ghost.

It was cool.

I was like "wow, is that a ghost?"

then we got drunk together and threw a part-ay!

part of the time where I was acting like a total idiot. this post does not refelct the true motives and perspectives I have at heart

[Edited on 5/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I believe that if somebody dies prematurely during childhood or is murdered they are more likely to remain in this dimension and appear to us as ghosts or interract with us (poltergeists)-there are many stories of apparitions especially in old houses which were formerly orphanages often people don't know the history of a building yet they still see and experience ghosts of children and then are shocked afterwards when they find out the history of their house. The concept of ghosts should not surprise anyone- after all we are all made of tiny specks of energy as old as the universe .It would be more surprising to me if there wasn't any ghosts--I'm wondering if anybody out there knows how it is possible for ghosts or spirits to touch and disturb solid objects and people????

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Well, I haven't *seen* a ghost, but I've certainly felt one. Basically whenever one of my relative dies, I know before anyone tells me. It's almost like the person that dies comes to me and they always say not to worry and they'll be OK. This has been happening lately to me ((I'm not sure if it's just sleep paralysis or not because I've experienced that a few times)), but whenever something really good or really bad is going to happen the last relative that passed away on my dad's side of the family appears to a few people. My dad said that he's been seeing a lady with bright red hair at night and I saw her a few nights ago. I just woke up and she was at the end of the bed looking at me. Needless to say, I was very creeped out. We just found out that the last relative that died had red hair so I'm slightly worried that something bad is going to happen to my family... again.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
One September evening at about 7.30 pm 1977.
My wife and were passing thisbuilding when we noticed this young girl of about 10 years of age playing in the garden what caught our attention was the clothes she wore. It was the type of dress that was worn about 150 years ago. When she became aware of us she suddenly ran between two gables of buildings but never appeared on the other side despite our search
We concluded that she was in spirit form. But she looked as real as any living human.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've seen a few spirits, my father, my cousin, my best friend, a few unknowns.

read this, it is a work of fiction based on a real life event of mine, but you'll get the drift of how I felt.
Best Friends Forever
and this
Best Friends Forever part 2

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

ghost r energy

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Often times, in my home, I get the over powering aroma of violets. Alot of the time, I am the only one that can smell them. I am sure that this is my grandmothers spirit coming to visit me, and to soothe me and let me know she is here.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Often times, in my home, I get the over powering aroma of violets. Alot of the time, I am the only one that can smell them. I am sure that this is my grandmothers spirit coming to visit me, and to soothe me and let me know she is here.

That's the same with my great aunt, she had a very distinct perfume and I always smell it. We had her things stored in our house for awhile after she died because we couldn't get everyone together to collect the stuff that they wanted. We still have a few things and they still strongly smell like her perfume and she died over 5 years ago. It's like they never left her house.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As a young man, probably no older than some of the younger members here, we had a farm adjacent to my uncles. These properties were no more than a good mile from the Brazos River along the Texas coast. And about 40 miles from Galveston, which in many years passed was known to be a safehaven for pirates.

Even as a hundred years or so had passed since the last pirating activities had actually taken place in that area, local legends held that many a pirate had sailed inward from from the Gulf of Mexico, up the Brazos to stash what booty he had. Now this is not to say, there was always treasure talk about, but if mention was made of pirates, someone had a tale of Bluebeard, Blackbeard, Lafitte, Greyleg, Patch-eye Mulligan, or possibly Three-Finger Brown. (I'm not sure Three-Finger Brown ever played for the Pirates, but that's another story. He was still a great pitcher in his days and had a great name to be a pirate even as his sword hand might be lacking.)

Among the pirates that sailed the seven seas plundering, pilfering, pillaging, and piling up booty, wine, women and wicked music there was one who supposedly sailed right up to the bank of the Brazos and brought his booty to a spot on my uncles property.
To mark that spot was a small grove of trees. I recall it as a rectangular area about 50 meters by 25 meters.

When we plowed to plant, it was left untouched. My uncle even took the pain to fence with box wire.

I had five cousins; one male, and four female. As we grew older the girls would talk about the "the lady in white" which I never took the time to understand as we guys, had 'important' things to attend.

One afternoon when one of the girls and I were upstairs, a glass that had been sitting on the window sill flew untouched across the room and smashed itself against the wall.

"It was the lady in white," was all she could say.

Eventually my aunt made us all aware of the possibilities of the treasure. But only after two of the girls had seen the lady in white searching the grove.
All I ever saw was a whisp, mist or some greyish fog.

My aunt, if anyone has a Oujida, could give us more information as she researched the matter fairly thorough after becoming aware of the history and had made plans to one day excavate that part of the grove where she most frequently saw this lady in white.

G

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't knwo how to put it.

I have seen things, but most, I wouldn't just up and call a ghost.

There is the ghost of Talbot hall--the music/art building, really tied into the art on the second floor. Open people often find it taxing to go near it. I find that it's not all that bad; just have no interest in staying up in the building to watch rollign chairs go rolling out a room and down the hall with no one there to do it. I think I had a connection toit, once, but it upset me a little too much. Oh yeah, also saw my friends mother--who was asleep--puttering around the kitchen with the lights off--but that's more an echo of the past than a actual ghost.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I don't cater to be near moving objects unless I can see whose doing the moving.

I am familiar in some way with Talbot hall. It, and the goings on you discribe, makes me recall having read or seen something along those lines.

What puzzles me is why a psycho skeleton like yourself would be fearful of a little will o' the wisp.

G

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I had a spirit of some kind at a newer house that I lived in as a child, but never saw it. The thing loved to play with the light switch in my closet. The only other experience I have had is the house I currently live in. The house is from the 40's -50's military housing. When I first moved in I was sleeping on the floor in the living room, as my household goods had not arrived yet, one night I woke up and looked toward the hallway and froze, there was what appreared to be an older man wearing a cowboy hat in the hallway, I had a scared feeling, the guy was looking right at me, I turned away and turned back and he was gone. Later after my wife moved here and my household goods were here we had experiences of laying in bed and hearing toys in the living room suddenly start making noise, I thought my dog might have been getting into my daughters toys, when I realized my dog was next to me, so then I thought it was my daughter up out of bed, I jumped up ready to correct her for being up and playing when she was supposed to be in bed and when I turned on the light and the hall light, her door was closed and there was nothing in the living room. I picked the toys up and put them in there box and there was no more noise after that. Occasionally we do get incidenses around the house, but he and whoever else if there is more has reletivly been friendly and left us alone.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Are you sire we're talking about the same Talbot Hall? I'm talking about an educational building on a college campus. I think there might be another Talbot hall out there...
I wan't always a psycho skeleton, and I don't particularly fear the damnthing anymore. I just have no interest in this thing deciding to one-up me and pick ME up--I have a problem with heights.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Two recurring Men
Two unknown men with three reacurring visits have visited in the last 10 years. Only appearing in times of need and dispaire (faced with a situation that has life impact).

At first thought perhaps "protectors/angels" but after research they do not fit other recorded occurances to support this link.

DESCRIPTION: One older and wise man that communicates verbally and visually appears, however he only reveals himself to the one in need. He is dressed in a black suit, black hat, and tie. Accompaning him is a younger man that seems to protect the older man. He is dressed all in black and only communicates with the other gentleman. Always stands and only signalls the older man to end the conversation.

First visit, placed in a public, social setting where unacceptance was expected and confirmed. Sitting alone in a booth, where well known, a waiter aprroached addressing by name offered cocktail. To reafirm self pride ordered "best" champagne which was shortly delivered. Almost at same time the two unknown men asked to join calling by name. Confusion because did not recognize and different presence felt. When asked their name only stated that we have been aquainted in past but too young to remeber. Followed by personal memory between passing mother and 2 year old child. Continued chatting through the night about specifics to strength and reassurance. Also other vaige statements about the time to come. At this time the quiet man signalled the older man to exit. The older man stated we will meet again. The conversation was interuppted by the waiter asking again by name," Are you okay? We have been closed for an hour now and didnt want to disturb you. You have been talking to your self and hand gesturing as you were talking to someone." Confused again, questioning," My two guest left prior to you arrival." The waiter puzzled confirmed he saw no one all evening other than myself. I apologized and noted the champagne was full as well as the single glass poured.

Have met again as promised by older man.(No Specifics/Personal)
with another future visit suggested.

Any Ideas on identity????????????

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi All,

Well, I dont know exactly what a ghost can be seen as or portrayed as but, yes I have experienced a presence and seen something unexplainable. When I was in a girls only college/sixth form, I was walking just behind my friends past one of the college's canteen. The sun was out, and there was rarely anyone around. I turned to the canteen and I saw what was to be explained as a boy. Not just any boy, he seemed invisible and very pale and white. It seemed like he was floating. Although I was not too close, I was shocked by what I was seeing. He walked through a glass door into another part of a canteen. At that time, I just ran to warn my friends in front of me of what I had just seen. They doubted my sighting. From then, on I tried to find out about, the college's history and what had been there before. I remained intrigued and believe that anything is possible especially in this world!

Ana

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Before I recently moved I lived in the same place since I was born. When I was young, my bedroom was what my father (who lives in the house now) calls the den. When I was about 5 or 6 I would get up having night terrors... eventually the attic was converted into a bedroom, and they moved me up there because a night didn't pass where I'd be screaming or sleepwalking extremely fitfully. It was like I had a fever, and there was nothing that could be done about it.

Everything was fine for a while, except I began to see an old man and his dog outside of my door at night. Eventually, I'd see the old man on the loft riser type dealie in my bedroom. It used to scare the crap out of me because I was so young. Eventually because of circumstances, I moved into the bedroom across the hall, and my brother moved into my old bedroom. He would wake up with scratches on him in the morning, we can only speculate the source was the ghost of this old man who had a particulary violent energy about him. My brother and his friend have had other experiences in that bedroom too... but for lack of time and space... lol

From the time I moved into my new room, I would always see him and his dog standing outside my door, just looking in at me. It was probably the only room in the house that felt safe to me... like nothing could hurt me there. This was partly because of another entity... and woman (I don't know the age) who was always there... her I never saw, but she used to talk to me just before I fell asleep. I wasn't sure if this was an angel, or a ghost keeping the baddies away.

That question was solved, coincidentally, when my brothers and I got older and we looked into the history of the house itself, and who had lived there before us. When the house was built, the whole area was a swamp and the suburban 'paradise' it is now never existed. My house was the firts house built as a farmhouse, and a farmhand�s house was built down the street. Over time it became a large farm... the swamp began to be cleared out, and its primary crop was a large feild of cherry trees, like the two remaining in the yard behind us that my brothers and I used to climb when we were younger.

Getting to the point... a family lived there, and the stairway going up to the attic wasn't present. The man who lived there owned a large hunting dog and was noted to be fairly cruel. (I found this out by talking to the old woman who lived in the farmhand house... I was lucky enough for her to still be living there.) The guy was a drunk, and he used to abuse his family and the farm workers. He would lock his daughter up in the attic for punishment, and do god knows what else. (My brother seems to think there was foul play... but I'm skeptical of some of his 'feelings')

The mother used to defend her family from the guy, since she was the only one that could calm him down and keep him away. The little girl, whose bedroom was the one where I had my night terrors, died there of a sickness. I'm thinking it was diptheria... but I'm no doctor. Interesting how things played out, I'm not sure if it was anything more than bad energy leftover, or if it was actually a family of ghosts living there; as you can see there�s a lot of holes and coincidences to this story. I'm not sure how the other two died, because before I could ask the old woman down the street passed away.

Anyhow... I've got other ghost stories about my house and my old area... which is somewhat interesting to me if anybody likes to hear, if not, I've taken up enough space

top topics

<<   2 >>

join