It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are UK Fake Abuse Photos Clever Disinformation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This is a very interesting article I found on BlackNet.
Check out the editor's note:

[ed.note: The Mirror newspaper is a notorious MI5 mouth piece. The below story reaks of a two-pronged disinformatin ploy�1st, take the heat briefly off the US. Number two, cast doubt on all photos, UK, US etc., with easily proven fakes. Very clever, and they did have at least three weeks to prepare for it, courtesy of Gen. Myers and other Pentagon requests to CBS to kill or delay their program.(BlackNET1)]

Conspiracy

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Pictures destroyed

Mr Kennedy said they could act as further confirmation of "their worst assumptions about us".

The two soldiers who gave these images to the paper say they represent only the tip of the iceberg.

In Monday's Mirror the soldiers, who wish to remain anonymous, claim many pictures were destroyed in September when the troops' luggage was searched as they left Iraq.

They also detail other alleged incidents of brutality towards local people, including a baton attack which left a prisoner with a compound fracture to his arm.

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
On skynews tonight the little John show will be talking about the pics, they will have a few experts on there ..
And if you have seen the show little john does put up a could debate.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think this is the beginning of a big controversy that may end up in someone stepping on the wrong toes.

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I suppose in one way controversy is what they want in some ways. at least in the public eye,

Some will agree that the pictures are real
And some will be head strong that the photos are fake,

You already have the experts divided on this.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by asala]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The Daily Mirror is a notorious mi5 mouthpeice?
Please.
Mi5 have better things to do than go around planting fake pictures of Iraqis being tortured to encourage the slaughter of more British/American soldiers.
Like the Old Trafford incident!
God, I wish som people would get some common sense.

The photos/criticisms of/rebuttals from the soldiers are freely available on the bbc.co.uk news webpage

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, by announcing the connection between MI5 and The Mirror, that right there raises some eyebrows. Then, by accusing MI5 of conspiring with U.S. officials to take the heat off of U.S. troops who were accused of the same thing, you are walking on very thin ice.

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh wait you.. sorry my bad
but that article is complete and utter crap

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
How do you know, Browha? Are you certain?

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This whole thing is off in the wrong direction. I really don't believe the photos are the work of MI5. If they are fake, they're more likely the work of anti war zealots trying to stir up another controversy or that of Muslims looking to sway public opinion. I 've looked at some off the photos and, while not having originals to look at, some look dubious

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
But why would the SEALs claim MI5 as the perpetrator in this case? It doesn't make sense.

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Granted BlackNet is just the medium for relaying the information to the public, the SEALs obviously don't post false information on their site. Why would they?

Mr. M

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
StarChild... hmmm there is positive potential for you after all, despite my flawed observations in the past. I think Rupert Murdoch, the media conglomerate of several illuminati mouthpieces such as Fox News, is the owner of this publication in question. Therefore, your statement of it being an Mi5 mouthpiece isn't too far off target, really.

I think this information may be accurate considering the controversy this has for those who are pro-war, particularly TPTB. Well done on uncovering this cover-up.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
There are plenty other reputable newspapers in this country - why the Mirror? Personally I can't wait for what the Private Eye will slant this as!!

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The Mirror is known for posting crap its not exactly the The Times or Telelgraph

new topics

top topics

join