It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mir-Hossein Mousavi 'ready for martyrdom' as Iranians defy Supreme Leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Mir-Hossein Mousavi 'ready for martyrdom' as Iranians defy Supreme Leader

ww w.telegraph.co.uk

Iran's defeated presidential candidate Mir-Hossein Mousavi on Saturday night told his supporters he was ready for martyrdom, and demanded that the entire disputed election be annulled.

He dramatically raised the stakes in the standoff with Iran's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, after publishing a letter to the country's highest electoral authority in which he cited examples of electoral fraud to support his "undeniable right" to call for a re-run of the election.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Many many shot today! The militia are especially targetting young girls and shooting them in the head/neck area. Very sick attempts by the regime to go out with a bang

Youtube link below of one video, warning it's graphic, not for the faint hearted:

www.youtube.com...

ww w.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This all is a prime example of why we should never give up the right to bear arms.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Edited: Situation was corrected...

[edit on 20-6-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Jesus Hunka, that one was to much for me today,

but

People must be told,

I hope this women does not die in vain.

[edit on 013030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Thanks, I did try the embedded method but I used the whole url and not just the end part. I did wonder why it wouldn't work.

Fixed it now

update: Many western embassy's are taking the wounded in, including British embassy. We could see embassy staff become casualties if the militia storm in to arrest the wounded.

Bloody street wars going off today.

From twitter: At least 200 'heavily armed' police have positioned themselves inside Freedom Square in Tehran, Iran.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It just shows peoples' stupidity.

There's more than 60 million people in Iran. There's about a few hundred thousand police. Do the math.

If even 2 million people or 500,000 people revolted, then it's over.

There's power in numbers, and when people realize that then there's no more corruption.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
It just shows peoples' stupidity.

There's more than 60 million people in Iran. There's about a few hundred thousand police. Do the math.

If even 2 million people or 500,000 people revolted, then it's over.

There's power in numbers, and when people realize that then there's no more corruption.

True, that's why on day 1 the regime was finished. The regime just want to go out with a bang, they don't know anything other than violence, death and destruction and could do with showing some humility and just leave Iran for good. Who would take them, Russia doubtful, China doubtful, Venezuela would lol, Syria maybe. No-one else would, and nowhere for them to hide.

Actually Iran's population is 70 million I think.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Many many shot today! The militia are especially targetting young girls and shooting them in the head/neck area. Very sick attempts by the regime to go out with a bang

What regime has claimed responsibility for this, and can you provide a link to their admission? Until then, stop scaremongering and contaminating ATS with propaganda if you can't at least couple it with a mere theory or conspiracy.
It's unfortunate the girl was shot, but you're filling the void of official confirmation or facts with raw propaganda, and THAT doesn't help anything.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hopefully the military will see the writing on the wall and will side with freedom. Prayers need to be said for the poor souls caught between a rock and a hard place.

I wonder if Israel will come to the aid of the people of Iran against the regime?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Reports of 150 dead today in Tehran, other cities just as bad or worse. Acid thrown on crowds from choppers also confirmed, and basij militias killing anyone who's gone hurt into hospitals.

European embassys taking wounded, basij blocking embassies and forcing embassy staff to leave. Could see european casualties too.

Some examples, today basij shot a pregant women, an 80 yr old woman, 12 yr old boy, many young women, a woman stood on her roof was shot thru' her heart.

Many now marching from other cities to Tehran maybe to capture to use or burn down state tv propaganda station. God knows what outcome will be when basij meet them. Orders are to shoot protestors on sight.

Army are stuck in barracks, some may be ready to revolt and take on the basij.

What happens next is anyone's guess

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisYah

What regime has claimed responsibility for this, and can you provide a link to their admission? Until then, stop scaremongering and contaminating ATS with propaganda if you can't at least couple it with a mere theory or conspiracy.
It's unfortunate the girl was shot, but you're filling the void of official confirmation or facts with raw propaganda, and THAT doesn't help anything.

For christ sake these have been confirmed by many witnesses and videos on the ground. See my previous post to this for more details. Try and check some of the facts before making accusations.

The regime are not going to admit to this, they never do. They are a bunch of lying, pathetic cowards and thugs who murder little girls. That is fact. Please go do your research before defending them again!

The regime tries to fill the web and our news with propaganda, the facts are obvious when you sift through it all. If you wait for CNN/Fox/BBC to report this you'll be waiting a long time, they don't have reporters there, and they often fall for regime propaganda.

edit: BBC now reporting this - news.bbc.co.uk...

You are "never" going to get the regime to admit to their vicious tactics, why would they. You show extreme naivety!

The regime was responsible for the suicide bombing in order to try and show the protestors are violent. It typical procedure for them if you follow them closely they have done this before. It's desperate tactics from a failing and desperate regime.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Shut up, these have been confirmed by many witnesses and videos on the ground. See my previous post to this for more details. Try and check some of the facts before making accusations.

The regime are not going to admit to this, they never do. They are a bunch of lying, pathetic cowards and thugs who murder little girls. That is fact. Please go do your research before defending them again!

The regime tries to fill the web and our news with propaganda, the facts are obvious when you sift through it all. If you wait for CNN/Fox/BBC to report this you'll be waiting a long time, they don't have reporters there. You are "never" going to get the regime to admit to their vicious tactics, why would they. You show extreme naivety!

The regime was responsible for the suicide bombing in order to try and show the protestors are violent. It typical procedure for them if you follow them closely they have done this before. It's desperate tactics from a failing and desperate regime.

I disregarded the rest of your drivel and the bolded the piece I'm referring to. Fact and opinion are two different things, now you have not presented any facts because there is none. Change that fact to opinion and everything would be okay. All to often people sensationalise stories by using authoritative words in the absence of what the word really means. And don't tell me shut up, I don't think you bought the royalties of my freedom of speech, sir. The only thing I'm defending is the English language.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It's really hitting the fan over there. It looks like a replay of 1979 revolution when the Shah was ousted but this time it's the clerics who are in deep water. Its amazing how history repeats itself and those that do injustices to others are taken out one way or another.

The theocracy over there became no different than the Shah. They are repressive and power mongers. Finally the people are exacting change. If I was one of the clerics I would be shaking in my boats hearing the noise and commotion in the streets from my palace. If they decide to assassinate the opposition leader the protests will escalate to epic proportions. Those people are ticked, and if I were the religious leaders; I would submit to their demands of having a new election and with UN oversight to add credibility to their action. The religious authority has to shed their hard-line rhetoric or they are going to go the way of the dodo bird. They are like a mouse boxing with an elephant. It is clear and evident by the video from Iran and the seas of humanity in the streets.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Shut up, these have been confirmed by many witnesses and videos on the ground. See my previous post to this for more details. Try and check some of the facts before making accusations.

The regime tries to fill the web and our news with propaganda, the facts are obvious when you sift through it all. If you wait for CNN/Fox/BBC to report this you'll be waiting a long time, they don't have reporters there. You are "never" going to get the regime to admit to their vicious tactics, why would they. You show extreme naivety!

I disregarded the rest of your drivel and the bolded the piece I'm referring to. Fact and opinion are two different things, now you have not presented any facts because there is none. Change that fact to opinion and everything would be okay. All to often people sensationalise stories by using authoritative words in the absence of what the word really means. And don't tell me shut up, I don't think you bought the royalties of my freedom of speech, sir. The only thing I'm defending is the English language.

OK
where I said the regime are going out with a bang, that's obviously my opinion, only Khaminei knows what his next intentions are. But the rest of what I said has been shown to be true. You have highlighted 2 specific areas and say these refer to each other, I did not highlight them. I thought it was fairly obvious that saying they are going out with a bang is my opinion. I mean aren't people allowed to say things opinionated on here anymore, some people can be so fussy.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by john124]

top topics

join