It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question for everyone at ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think I would definetly try to help if I could. Im really sensitive and have too big of a heart to be able to sit there and watch people destroy themselves if I knew there was at least something I could do to help. I would feel really guilty. Plus, put yourself in there shoes. Would YOU want someone to help YOU if you needed it? Most likely yes.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Since I am an alien... All together now: YEAH, RIGHT!!

Anyway, if I were an alien, I think I would try and help. I don't know how, and it probably wouldn't be on a global scale, but... Of course, that depends on the humans. I wouldn't want to get out of my spacecraft, say, We're here to help you, and then have somebody yell FIRE!!! and you're hoping (and praying, if you believe in a deity) that you can get back in your craft and off the planet.

So, on second thought... ... ... maybe not. I would just avoid this planet altogether. Too self-centered, too violent, too destructive. (Damn, sometimes humans make my fur stand on end, and my tail flick.)

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You wouldn't be given a chance to help humans clean things up. As you neared the planet the governments of the world would fire off long nuclear weapons at you, when you entered the atmosphere you would be shot at by fighter jets and the moment you landed and opened the door a sniper would blow your head off. You're more likely to decide that theres nothing worth saving and blow the earth to bits!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
as alien i would probably know that every world has is own evolution path and i would probably respect that....

i would merely observe

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Mint, you sound like a pessimist. I guess you're of the 'Shoot first, and don't bother asking questions' school.

Since I am currently in human form... er, I mean, a human, I would have to agree with you... somewhat, although wouldn't you think that humans would be a bit curious as to who or what is in that spacecraft? I'm sure there are more aliens out there than greys, reptilians, and Nordic types.
Maybe they'd like to meet a cute fox-like alien. Hey, I'm one of the good guys. I probably wouldn't be able to help too much... I mean, I won't have the cure for cancer or whatever other problems, but I'd try to help in whatever way I can.

Besides, humans have such a great communications network, I'm sure they'd try to establish contact first. I don't think they would send a up a nuclear weapon before they've established what I am.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well... if i (being 'alien') were the type of a-hole to place myself and my personal interests above the entire population of a sentient/intelligent species... i guess i would have to admit to myself that i can't really be all that superior and obviously haven't learned much more than the simps that i've placed myself in dominion over. (because at this point i will be acting like them.)

from our perspective (intellectually) we are superior to animal life, in the way that most folks seem to assume ETI must be superior to us. however likely, let us not assume. if placed in a shark infested waters, i may still be smarter than a shark, but i'm not going to assume that i'm still at the top of the food chain.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There's the prime directive of non-interference, so we can't just impose our will on people. However, we do want to raise the level of consciousness, so what we're doing is actually becoming one of the humans. We grow up human, forget who/what we are, don't know that we're any different from anyone else. We try to improve the situation from the inside, & not from the outside.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The only way I would intervene would be if the crazy world leaders tried to nuke each other, because many innocent people would die and they didnt ask for it. Honestly do we really have control as to whether one of the crazy leaders of the world decides to launch a nuke? Um no, they will do it even if all the world is against it except for his/her's little crew of minions.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join