It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question for everyone at ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If YOU were an alien.

YOU discovered planet earth.

YOU found that the human race was polluting the atmosphere, destroying the natural planet with construction and bringing about extinction of many other species with their dominant presence.

Would YOU, or would YOU not;

Try to intervene and save the many, many more beautiful life forms at the expense of human extermination or culling?

And why?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I'd tap into the internet and satellite data streams to gather as much information as possible about life, history and the planet. I'd weigh all this up and make my decision. I think a timely and educational message from an ET lifeform blaring from every TV set in the world might make 'culling' unnecessary...I could then continue on my way, secure in the knowledge that an utterly amazed population can't do anything BUT think about the message

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I would do absolutely nothing and let nature take its course. Humans are nature. If there are so many worlds out there; what makes ours so special and unique? It's like Darwin's theory states. If a species isn't fit to survive and evolve then it will cease to exist. If humans are going to inevitably destroy the planet and themselves, let them. Why strive to save a sick and defective race??

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think id be like a burglar that breaks into a house and finds that the people who live there live like pigs in a sty, having looked like it was ransacked well before he got there, then leaves and onto the next house.

So if i were an Alien, id prolly bow my head in shame, wish the earth good luck and move on!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'd create an account on ATS and proceed to tell everyone I'm an alien.

Because I'm an alien, my name would be unintelligible so I would create an earth friendly name like Orzamal or Steve.

I then would proceed to make outlandish claims regarding my origins. But being the forgetful alien I am, I left any kind of proof I had back at the other side of the universe so there is no way to substantiate my claims. Anyway, my word alone should be enough to convince the masses.

After giving my message of hope and peace (which sounds awfully similar to all those hoax alien threads I hear about, mines the truth. Honest.) I will simply disappear back to where I came from.

All joking aside, I would just let nature take it's course.

[edit on 20/6/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Haha, the way the name Steve gets thrashed around australia and its media, "its steve" and " steve did it " or "gday Steve" lol Its making mee feel alienated!!

Anyways Smokinggun!!!??!!! whats your take ??

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
I think id be like a burglar that breaks into a house and finds that the people who live there live like pigs in a sty, having looked like it was ransacked well before he got there, then leaves and onto the next house.

So if i were an Alien, id prolly bow my head in shame, wish the earth good luck and move on!

That's a brilliant statement

but what if they were only able to make it that far and are aware of the fact that there is no other earthlike planet in the near vicinity???

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If I was an alien...with the power to save or condemn humanity and the Earth...

...it would probably be because I had played a part in its inception to begin with - rather than discovering it.

In which case I'd definitely want to protect my investments (life itself). Too much time invested to see it go up in smoke.

Heck. I might even be persuaded to enjoy a cameo within my own production.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I wouldn't interfere with Earth's inhabitants.

I'd catalog all life forms, taking dna samples so I can recreate them on my artificial zoo planet Earth.

Edit: typo

[edit on 20-6-2009 by yizzel]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

Isnt that what maybe goin on right now?? Dont forget probing and warpspeed chicken scratches accross our skies.......

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

Aliens don't think like humans.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I would wonder why people think I am coming to Earth to save them. I would then commence the harvest of everything and when it is all said and done the Earth would look like Mars. Kinda like setting an anthill on fire. Why the heck would I care about a planet when I have a space ship.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

It's possible. I don't know about the [snip] probing and chicken scratches across our skies. lol

edit: fixed sentence

[edit on 20-6-2009 by yizzel]

Mod Edit - Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
Anyways Smokinggun!!!??!!! whats your take ??

To be honest I am torn.

On one hand, I steer towards the fact that if I, as an alien, was superior to humans then whatever I did would be nature also, (all be it universal nature) so would probably go down with my ray-gun and pick out all the 'nastiness' just leaving the empathic humans to look after the planet and it's varied residents.

On the other hand I doubt that there is anything here for a superior race and just try to set humans back a few years technologically to slow down the destruction.

Although I do like the 'warning' idea that Kandinsky put forward.

And Chadwickus made me chuckle.

Kind regards S_G

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I would simply wipe the sick twisted goverments out with my hi-tech weaponry for lying about everything and putting in £15000 worth of expenses for a book case, then dump all the peadophiles ,rapists,buggerers,thugs and murderers on the nearest neutron star.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well i guess i would gather as much intelligence as possible before the assault.

Obviously that species ( humans ) smell funny, but i guess that understandable since they spray themselves with various chemicals and their skin is also very elastic due to the chemicals being applied by themselves on their skin. Lets not forget that every twenty years its seems to be a ritual that they try and kill off their own species from a particular part of the world.

I guess the only threat, is that they do pose to us aliens, is that they have a slightly advanced weaponry system but that too can be taken off line since they do rely on fossil fuels or nuclear power plants for energy and they are all above ground. But we also need to consider the underground nuclear plants which feed the nerve center of several defense systems. Oh yes, lets not forget that the majority of the species rely's on satellite and underwater communication lines for them to communicate. So i guess it will be easy to isolate any particular species from communicating with one another on a global scale.

As our network has informed us there is majority who believe that we will come in peace and supply a higher spiritual learning and technological curve.

So we can do what we have done with other less evolved species. We can supply them with knowledge that is directly controlled by us and if and when they decide to rebel we can simply shut everything down and return them to how they were about 100,000 years ago.

I wonder which part of the planet i will earn for this successful mission.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would kill everything on the planet and build a large interstellar shopping mall and food court. I would probably add a fuel station and spaceship repair shop.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
First I would do some sightseeing - New York, Paris and maybe Cairo. Then I would land on the White House lawn, change into my Indigo outfit and give a bull# new-age speech about the soul, dolphins and dragons. Then I'd zip away laughing as the stupid humans choke on their own smug

[edit on 20-6-2009 by cripmeister]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
I would kill everything on the planet and build a large interstellar shopping mall and food court. I would probably add a fuel station and spaceship repair shop.

I hope the fuel station is not unleaded mind you know what it does to the atmosphere, just ask Al BORE ,Whoops typing error I Did mean Al Gore

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It depends what type of alien i was, i bet not all aliens are nice.

Civillisations across the universe will do what they can to survive, when there planets recourses runs out they must find another planet, aliens have a need to survive aswell.

But me personally would let humanity live, you do not kill a child for making mistakes, we are young in the universe, there are probaly millions of other civilisations millions maybe billions of years ahead of us in society, technology, spiritually.

Yes we humans make mistakes but thats part of learning, one day humanity will look back and wonder why we did all this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join