It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question for everyone at ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

I would terraform a bleak planet in another star system and pick up species from the Earth to populate the planet. If I had the ability to travel through space, I would also have the ability to terraform a planet.

Once the humans destroy themselves, I would re-create the planet with the species and not let humans evolve again.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe than Mankind is innately a aggressive species.
I have a theory that Earth is an interdicted planet.

i would let nature take its course....but i would make sure that mankind wont develop interplanetary travel. Just to be on the safe side.

I cant imagine such a aggressive race being let loose in the universe!!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

If I was an alien life form.

Based off of the current ideas we now hold as humans and what life - especially advanced life should be or look like.

No.

I would not come here and wipe humans off the face of the Earth. Because - base off of pure logic - I would see that they were the dominant and intelligent life form currently inhabiting this planet. They currently hold the technology, the science - the free will and thought - the ability to rationalize decisions.

No.

I would definitely not portray myself as an "eco-friendly" alien and come wipe out the "evil parasitic human life."

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
i would indeed intervene in some way because the life on earth is so beautiful in so many ways

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If I were an alien I would simply watch planet Earth, watch it evolve, see where it goes, and perhaps step in from time to time.
Something along the lines of what they are doing now.

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well that is a simple yet not so simple question... I would assume that we (beings from elsewhere) are not supposed to intervene in a race still evolving/so primitive so to speak. Or else it would all lie in the 'saviours' responsibility. I don't know what I would do really, perhaps simply make my presence known at the very least, make it a fact that there are others out there, and give some type of speech about humanity and so on, and hope that there wouldn't be riots afterwards? :p

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If I was ET, I would likely not have a full caring about one little planet, but if I was somehow drawn to this planet and its issues, I would ascertain whether the problem is inherent in the species itself, or whether there are some who compound the problem, while those beneath suffer in powerless agony (which is the way it is here).

Then I might try to help those who haven't the power to stop the deadly behavior of the few.

But frankly, I think several groups are here already, and that we were genetically engineered by two of the groups jointly.

[shrug]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
No offense, but what makes you think that Aliens don't in some way pollute whatever planet(s) that they inhabit?

I think it's going a bit far to assume that because it's not human it must care about stability of the environment.

I mean...it's possible, but there's nothing there to say that it's a concern to them.

Hypothetically if I were an alien that cared about the environment I'd probably be pretty appalled at the way human beings have treated the Earth and abused it's natural resources.

It's difficult to say what I as an alien could do about it. I would probably have to sit down at a meeting with the Galactic Counsel Members and discuss the condition of the planet and the significance of the human race.

Then some bill would have to be passed in order to make any kind of action one way or the other.

If it came to be that we decided to eliminate the human race I'm sure that the Aliens Against Human Cruelty would step in and say something. Maybe write a few letters, send some brochures about how humans feel pain and deserve the right to live.

It just turns into chaos at that point.

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

[edit on 07/05/2008 by leakingignorance]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If I possessed the technology to travel from one planet to another, I must also possess the knowledge of other hospitipal planets.

Note: We are not destroying the Earth, we are instead speeding up the natural cycles of the Earth, surely though after humans are gone the Earth and life will persist.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Tranquilize some
Tag a few, check on their reproductive rates
Observe their behavior
Comment on their barbaric behavior
Do very little to help them
They are just animals right?
Something along the the lines of hairless monkeys

[edit on 21/6/09 by toochaos4u]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If I were an alien and I learned about humans, I'd kill myself and advise my fellow alien friends to do the same. Maybe that's why we haven't discovered alien life, since it kills itself before we can make contact.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I would do what I have been doing, mate with earth women and father many children knowing that the local courts have no jurisdiction regarding child support back on my home planet!

Oh I would also definitely chow down on some chili cheese burgers and get a really cool tattoo to show the folks back home what I had done all season while lamenting about my lost shaker of salt!

To think all this time you were so sure life on other planets had to be more intelligent!

Wait till mom sees this!

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Do any of these replies make you wonder if any of this has taken place already?

Was our planet terraformed and species introduced?

Are we being watched in regard to doing something to protect the planet and all life on it?

Has another life form been visiting and taking samples?

The mind boggles!

Regards S_G

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This wretched mud ball better be happy I am NOT an alien with advanced tech. After all I have been thru-I'd get back into my ship, find the nearest active volcano, and dump about 500 gigatons of explosives down the mouth of it- delayed detonation. I'd then pull out to a safe distance out, have some popcorn and laugh. Then when I got home, probably have to scrape remains and crap off the hull, and find the local Maaco.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Find every institution that is taking advantage of advanced reverse engineered alien technology to enslave the human species, and "Sterilize" them (With Extreme prejudice)

Destroy every single communications satellite, radio transmission tower, and television broadcast antenna.

Leave the internet Alone.

Let the people know what I did, and present myself above every city in the world at once, for Several hours at a time, so there could be no doubt.

Find all of the super rich control freaks, and distribute their money to all people.

Remove the secret government's from power, Aggressively... and then leave.

-Edrick

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would:
1) Report my findings back to TPTB (Mother ship or Home Base/Planet

2) Based on content of said report, I would submit the following recommendation...

Initiate 2ND Global Flood, ie: catastrophic cleansing...obviously test subjects incapable of intelligent decision making...

Third time's a charm???

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think i would come down, save all the miss hawaiian tropic girls, brazillian hotties, a few russian hotties, then fly around in my spaceship interstellar pimpin whilst the rest of humanity crumbled and destroyed itself, then drop the girls back off to repopulate the species. then itd be one big planet filled with major babes

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The only way to answer this question is to think 'human' since none of us know the neuron flows of an alien entity. A mistake we make here on Earth between nations and cultures...we all think we are the last word on whatever subject...but to answer a hypothetical question if I were an ET I wouldn't get involved. It's kinda like telling a hog he shouldn't roll in the mud. He just don't get it...but he's happy and living on instinct gathered be it right or wrong. Are they compassionate enough to really care if our population decreases half what it is now..since they may not be planning to stick around and settle...so why get involved?

I think the answer to this question could be yes should our blue planet be a 'nursery' for expansion of life in other parts of the galaxy or universe, and our 'friends' are the care takers. Who knows...

best regards,
seax125

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would try to counsel the humans and if they didn't, I wouldn't interfere and definitely wouldn't exterminate them. What business of mine is it anyway?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think i'd rather watch over the world, as it would be a endless source of entertainment, sort of like a soap opera, but with less pretty people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join