It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Effort to Destabilize Iran Via Twitter #IranElection - Cyber Warfare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Israeli Effort to Destabilize Iran Via Twitter #IranElection - Cyber Warfare

www.chartingstocks.net

Right-wing Israeli interests are engaged in an all out Twitter attack with hopes of delegitimizing the Iranian election and causing political instability within Iran.

Anyone using Twitter over the past few days knows that the topic of the Iranian election has been the most popular. Thousands of tweets and retweets alleging that the election was a fraud, calling for protests in Iran, and even urging followers hack various Iranian news websites (which they did successfully). (visit the link for the full news article)

Were these legitimate Iranian people or the works of a propaganda machine? I became curious and decided to investigate the origins of the information. In doing so, I narrowed it down to a handful of people who have accounted for 30,000 Iran related tweets in the past few days. Each of them had some striking similarities -

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Mdv2]

[edit on 22/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Right from the beginning of this uproar, I knew that the Mossad and CIA would take their chance to ignite a revolt against the extremist regime that is currently in place. After all, it is a public secret that the CIA has been recruiting and training radical minorities in Iran opposing the Islamic Republic's government. During the Iraq invasion, Wolfowitz suggested not to disarm the Mujahideen-e Khalq, a powerful organization of Iranian origin based in Iraq.

On the other hand, these maniacs are also increasingly aware of the fact that cyber warfare is perhaps one of the most effective tools of modern warfare. The Iranian attempted to shut down all possible communication means. Unsuccessfully though, the US-provided proxys offered a gateway to Twitter, a communication network that has turned out to be of major importance to the Iranian people, being one of the few possibilities to communicate with one another.

Knowing this, it doesn't surprise me that Israel and perhaps the USA have actively engaged in creating unrest, noise and confusion among Iranian dissidents and thus, sparked the current revolution. Proof of that is the official request to Twitter to postpone scheduled maintenance. It can be concluded that the future use of internet will be more strictly controlled while simultaneously used to the utmost for strategic purposes.

The current events in Iran are a perfect showcase for the intelligence agencies for evaluation for future use of the internet.

www.chartingstocks.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Excellent thread - thank you - I was considering creating a topic like this, but you have done a better job
I wouldn't have done as much research - I consider it obvious that the CIA and Mossad are creating this hysteria in Iran.

I'm not saying that the current rulers are all sweetness and light, but at least they are free and independent (from the Bilderscum) and able to act in the best interests of their country.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
I knew that the Mossad and CIA would take their chance to ignite a revolt against the extremist regime that is currently in place.

GOOD! Glad to see someone is taking advantage of the situation to get rid of a regime that thinks hanging homosexuals in the public square is glorious! I don't blame Israel one bit for wanting to be rid of a regime that continually calls for Israels destruction and for them to be 'wiped off the map'. Glad to see the Mossad and CIA are on the ball with this because Obama certainly isn't.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Mdv2
I knew that the Mossad and CIA would take their chance to ignite a revolt against the extremist regime that is currently in place.

GOOD! Glad to see someone is taking advantage of the situation to get rid of a regime that thinks hanging homosexuals in the public square is glorious! I don't blame Israel one bit for wanting to be rid of a regime that continually calls for Israels destruction and for them to be 'wiped off the map'. Glad to see the Mossad and CIA are on the ball with this because Obama certainly isn't.

GOOD! Glad your admitting this has something to do with outside influences. Just disappointing that you have to misquote what the irans leadership actually said about Israel.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

And where is the evidence pointing towards any one side creating the tweets? It could be anyone on the internet, maybe even Anonymous from 4ch.

And are you trying to imply Iranians can't write in English? That's kind of racist, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yet again you spout that "wipe off the map" tripe.You can tell alot about someone who "knows" they are quoting a mistranslation,has been corrected on the quote... yet continues to say it.Anyway,it wouldn't surprise me if Israel was taking advantage of this.I personally still haven't even seen any evidence of tampering that could account for such a large margin win.Ahmadinejad has huge support in the rural/farming areas.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo

GOOD! Glad your admitting this has something to do with outside influences. Just disappointing that you have to misquote what the irans leadership actually said about Israel.

Just as it is good to see that you ignored FF's comments about the treatment of homosexuals in Iran. This is a regime that murders homosexuals and represses women. You may be okay with that but for some us, it would seem more than likely that the well educated and the youth in Iran would see this election as a fraud and attempt to rise up against the regime.

Some of you go to great lengths to deflect attention from the real problems in Iran by claiming interference on the part of outsiders. There is outside influences at work in EVERY country. Yet, you try to make this the focal point of the discussion.

It seems to me that the treatment of the Iranian people by its own government ought to be where we are focusing the discussion.

Unless, of course, you believe it is acceptable to deny human rights on the basis of gender, race or sexual orientation.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme
reply to post by Mdv2

And where is the evidence pointing towards any one side creating the tweets? It could be anyone on the internet, maybe even Anonymous from 4ch.

And are you trying to imply Iranians can't write in English? That's kind of racist, isn't it?

Oh dear. Read the article. The evidence of collusion is too plain to ignore and I'm not going to requote something you should go back and read.

As for Israeli/Mossad involvement, the Jerusalem post just happened to pick up the buzz only three hours after the brave Iranian twitterers created their accounts.

Thanks to the OP for posting this, btw. Nice one.

The fuss about the Iranian elections is manufactured. Iran is not a democracy, even less so than the West. Only theologically correct candidates may stand, for example, which rules out a whole multitude of worlds of thought. And no women candidates, ever. (Though they do have the vote.)
But it's kind of their business and for them to sort out without us interfering: and the west needs to put its own house in order before commenting.

And of course there are acknowledged to be US sabotage teams at work in Iran, and an acknowledged campaign to destabilize it.

Paul Craig Roberts is an interesting guy. Assistant Treasury Secretary under Reagan,* he's become a huge critic of recent administrations. He writes a lot of articles like this one...

Now ... US “black ops” is at it again, pumping out disinformation about the “stolen” Iranian election. The US media is again serving the government’s disinformation campaign. This despite the fact that on May 23, 2007, Brian Ross and Richard Esposito reported on ABC News: “The CIA has received secret presidential approval to mount a covert “black” operation to destabilize the Iranian government, current and former officials in the intelligence community tell ABC News.”

On May 27, 2007, the London Telegraph independently reported: “Mr. Bush has signed an official document endorsing CIA plans for a propaganda and disinformation campaign intended to destabilize, and eventually topple, the theocratic rule of the mullahs.”

A few days previously, the Telegraph reported on May 16, 2007, that Bush administration neocon warmonger John Bolton told the Telegraph that a US military attack on Iran would “be a ‘last option’ after economic sanctions and attempts to foment a popular revolution had failed.”

On June 29, 2008, Seymour Hersh reported in the New Yorker: “Late last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence, and congressional sources. These operations, for which the President sought up to four hundred million dollars, were described in a Presidential Finding signed by Bush, and are designed to destabilize the country’s religious leadership.”

If you believe that all the current fuss is a coincidence, I've got some prime land in Florida you might be interested in...

But of course the larger context is the aim of destabilizing Iran, and this revolution has uncanny echoes of the one fomented by Kermit Roosevelt against Mossadegh in the late fifties. (Kermit installed a puppet government, ha ha.) He had to hand out wads of cash to get people on the streets. These days it's probably a lot easier.

Israel and the US are of course allies in this. Could it be a coincidence that the US government asked Twitter to stay open to help the Iranian protestors?

As for ignoring all the bad things about Iran or being apologetic for it... ludicrous. It would be lovely to see regime change in Iran and see the country prosper as a democracy. But the west's track record in the ME (and pretty much everywhere else) is mostly to do with subverting democracies, not sustaining them. Interference on our part is strictly to do with getting control of a country's resources, concomitant to which is the requirement to make sure the people of that country can't do anything about it. That, where US involvement is concerned, inevitably involves death squads.

As for the horror of the Iraninan crackdown... someone I read made the rather telling point that the Iranian government weren't "over-reacting" to what was going on: they were behaving just like any brutal repressive regime, which is not to write it off, but sooner or later you start to realise that the people who are being portrayed as enemies are the victims of the West coveting their resources.

In sum, it's all manufactured, and it's a very poor excuse for war.

* Where was he during Iran-Contra, one wonders?

Edited to add: just in case I didn't make it clear, I think the vote was rigged.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So the West is Winning the argument...

We didn't treat Iran like Iraq and NO we had NO fear of a war...

We simply knew the truth, Iranians are educated, decent people and their entire youth virtually wants a more modern life...

What are we doing... "covert ops" "espionage" etc etc...

what does that mean... we engaged their people in Dialogue? Even though the Ayatollah did not want us to?

Not a crime, shows allot of respect for the Iranian people, a desire to be their friends to not wage war against them...

we should be applauded on this round... they are basically western people, they don't wish to live the way they do, it's real...

They

and by them I mean the youth the under 30 sect (the people who MATTER) the future... don't want to fight with us any more than we want to fight them... we have allot on common...

This is a victory for the net, a victory for the world...

but some people are never happy

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Just disappointing that you have to misquote what the irans leadership actually said about Israel.

Originally posted by Solomons
Yet again you spout that "wipe off the map" tripe.

Wise up, young grasshoppers. The quote is true. it wasn't misquoted or misinterpreted. The only tripe being flung around here is the propaganda claiming it wasn't said.

You can tell alot about someone ...

blah blah blah

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Show me.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Just disappointing that you have to misquote what the irans leadership actually said about Israel.

Originally posted by Solomons
Yet again you spout that "wipe off the map" tripe.

Wise up, young grasshoppers. The quote is true. it wasn't misquoted or misinterpreted. The only tripe being flung around here is the propaganda claiming it wasn't said.

You can tell alot about someone ...

blah blah blah

It says a lot about you when you knowingly repeat a misquote and then proceed your arguments with blah blah blah, I swear there's some real children on this board, some of them really think they're God's children.

hebrewisraelites.org
authenticjews.com

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Given that the totaliarian regime in Iran has shut down all normal communications avenues, I think that it is most excellent that information is flowing in both directions via social networking outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Absolutely right!
Don't play the semantics games with defenders of the regime that hangs homosexuals and shoots 16 yr old girls. Those that apologize for Ahmadinejad and the mullahs would love to see Israel and the US destroyed.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is a truly desperate effort to try and see the good side of the situation...

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
So the West is Winning the argument...

Don't know what argument you're talking about. Do ordinary Iranians want democracy? Of course. I'd love to live in a democracy. A real one, that is.

What are we doing... "covert ops" "espionage" etc etc...

what does that mean... we engaged their people in Dialogue? Even though the Ayatollah did not want us to?

No. It means a concerted effort to destabilise another country's government. And if you're soft headed enough to believe it's being done for freedom justice and democracy, I genuinely pity you.

Not a crime, shows allot of respect for the Iranian people, a desire to be their friends to not wage war against them...

Utter, utter BS. It shows the desire of the US for an Iran that will be supine, allow its economy to be raped by outside interests, and above all will not sell its oil in anything other than US dollars as it's been trying to do for some time. The Iranian oil bourse should have opened months ago but they were dumb enough to build it on an island and someone keeps cutting the communications cables.

That is the real threat the US faces, the loss of the dollar as the default and only currency for oil trades.

we should be applauded on this round... they are basically western people, they don't wish to live the way they do, it's real...

They are not western people, most of them. Some of the urbanised ones are. They are Persians, with a distinct culture which some would like to hold onto, I rather think.

As for "being applauded on this round" I take it to mean you think western intervention in Iran is a good thing. Brief history lesson: last time the US arragned regime change in Iran, it ushered in an era of the most horrifying repression. The SAVAK - the Shah's secret police - were trained and equipped by the US. All this fuss about Abu Ghraib... the US has been teaching torture techniques for years and getting their proxies' hands dirty, not their own.

After a generation of US-backed repression (death squads, disappearances and so on) the Iranians could only meet in mosques, and so that's where the mullahs started to organise and accrue power.

The theocracy in Iran is a direct result of US intervention.

Sadly, a generation later, the lessons have been forgotten (after a pretty bloody war, Iraq's population has a very young demographic profile) and there's a real danger of revolt. I'm not pro the Ayatollahs but revolts usually involve bloodshed and never end well if the side backing the revolt is the US.

and by them I mean the youth the under 30 sect (the people who MATTER)

Right. No one over 30 matters.

This is a victory for the net, a victory for the world...

This is empty (and empty-headed) rhetoric

but some people are never happy

Some people have seen and remembered enough to know the difference between news and propaganda.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Given that the totaliarian regime in Iran has shut down all normal communications avenues, I think that it is most excellent that information is flowing in both directions via social networking outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, etc.

But the stuff coming out of twitter is disinfo.

Those that apologize for Ahmadinejad and the mullahs would love to see Israel and the US destroyed.

Ah, the old "you're either with us or with the terrorists" argument. No, it is possible to see that, despite the undoubted evils of the Iranian regime, it's still wrong to interfere, and the US and Israel are wrong to do so. Particularly when their motives for interfering have nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with power and greed.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Absolutely right!
Don't play the semantics games with defenders of the regime that hangs homosexuals and shoots 16 yr old girls. Those that apologize for Ahmadinejad and the mullahs would love to see Israel and the US destroyed.

If they shut down communication then the information coming from Twitter IS NOT from the Iranians, just like the false news last night about tanks, is Israel and/or America drumming up false news to spread propaganda. Nobody wants to see Israel or America destroyed, we'd like to see their trigger-happy governments and agencies get entangled in a tire-fire though, that would be nice. They only preach violence and lie to their citizens. There's a big difference between their citizens and their government.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Originally posted by rich23

But the stuff coming out of twitter is disinfo.

No it isn't. Maybe some of it is, but I challenge you to disprove the videos of the murder of Leda, etc.

And you proclaiming Twitter to be 'disinfo' is just your opinion, which is obviously skewed in favor of Ahmadinejad and the Supreme Council.

Those that apologize for Ahmadinejad and the mullahs would love to see Israel and the US destroyed.

Ah, the old "you're either with us or with the terrorists" argument. No, it is possible to see that, despite the undoubted evils of the Iranian regime, it's still wrong to interfere, and the US and Israel are wrong to do so. Particularly when their motives for interfering have nothing to do with democracy and everything to do with power and greed.

Who said anything about interfering? Don't create a false argument. Supporting does not mean interfering.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah

Originally posted by TravisYah
If they shut down communication then the information coming from Twitter IS NOT from the Iranians, just like the false news last night about tanks, is Israel and/or America drumming up false news to spread propaganda. Nobody wants to see Israel or America destroyed, we'd like to see their trigger-happy governments and agencies get entangled in a tire-fire though, that would be nice. They only preach violence and lie to their citizens. There's a big difference between their citizens and their government.

Don't talk through both corners of your mouth. On the one hand, you condemn those of us that want to see the regime toppled, and on the other hand you say about our gov't "we'd like to see their trigger-happy governments and agencies get entangled in a tire-fire though".

Take care of your own problems and we'll take care of ours. We don't need your theocratic hate.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Do you want to know what I find so peculiar about this discussion? It is Israel that invented the cell phone. No joke check it out.

The cell phone was developed in Israel by Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.

wiki.answers.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join