It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists: Spraying aerosols into atmosphere may reduce global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So I'm driving to work from my lunch break and here on NPR:

usatoday.com

Consider atmospheric geoengineering — pumping reflective particles into the stratosphere to reflect sunlight — seen as a way to cut the effects of global warming. In 1991, the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines cooled the atmosphere's average temperature worldwide almost one degree Fahrenheit, a kind of "global dimming," serving as an inspiration for the idea. Such high-altitude aerosols, different from the ones found in spray cans, can play a big role in climate.

A 2006 paper in the journal Science, for example, written by the eminent atmospheric scientist Tom Wigley of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, suggested that annually blasting roughly 500,000 tons of sulfur (about 7% of yearly sulfur production) into the stratosphere every year for three decades would prevent global warming.

I actually find myself yelling at the radio, "THEY ALREADY ARE!"

I think this is indirect proof that those crazy lines you see in the sky are just that: Aerosol spraying that puts particles in the stratosphere to reflect sunlight back into space reducing the level of heat on the surface of the Earth; thereby reducing the effects of global warming.

I think that many people are turned off by the idea when people present other seemingly outlandish ideas such as TPTB spraying chemical agents to reduce the population, or to alter our DNA. Understandable. And while I won't dismiss those ideas as possible being true, I think it's more important to focus on the pratical explanation that makes the whole thing much more plausible.

Basically what I'm saying (God just get to the point will ya!
) is that if scientists are claiming to have just come up with this idea, then who is to say that they aren't already doing this!

There is plenty of evidence that they have put this very technology into effect:

US Patent 3813875

This one just slaps you in the face with what they are doing up there:

Stratospheric Welsbac seeding for reduction of global warming

You don't have to believe it, but I think that once you do, you'll reason the SERIOUSNESS of the global warming effect. The government takes it so seriously that they are willing to spend possibly billions to try and alter the climate.

Ever wonder what George Bush meant when he said he's leave it up to technology to try to find ways to curb global warming?

What I really think this "new" information is all about? They put this out there so that when they start implementing it and we see those crazy lines in the sky we'll attribute them to global warming. It will be common knowledge, but most will probably fail to make the correlation between the pre-let's-put-aerosols-in-the-sky crazy lines and the post-let's-put-aerosols-in-the-sky crazy lines.

I think people are making a big enough stink about the "chemtrails" that they will now start to disclose it, but in a way that doesn't admit that they've kept us in the dark about it this whole time.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Wow, this is big. I am so glad you heard this and made this post! Now I can actually back up my chemtrail claims with what was said on NPR and the links you have provide.

Whenever I have mentioned chemtrails, people (even my closests of friends) say that I am a crazy conspiracy theorist. I knew it was true. I knew it!

well done!!! S&F

[edit on 19-6-2009 by leira7]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reminds me of: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Great, chemtrails disclosure anyone?

afaics, if they considered GW real, they would take actual steps to reduce certain emissions, but they do not.

Biofuel Related N2O Emissions Outweigh CO2 Benefits

inefficient and harmful, much like this proposal. these people always focus on publicitiy like measures, like changing lamps, while they are summairly ignoring the open refridgerators, the air condition requirements for glass facade buildings and heating.

at the very least, petroleum derived fuel should be reserved for mobile applications, but no, why go for effect when you can have a hybrid car choke full of toxic recycling nightmares in the shape of batteries and totally redundant transmission, increasing dead weight (and profit) while decreasing efficiency?! conjob as usual.

[edit on 2009.6.19 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if they come out with these stories every once in awhile to see how people would handle a full disclosure. If the story comes out and people are too wary of it, keep it in the closet for awhile. If it's met with positive reception, then they will either disclose, or they will act as if they've JUST started it's implementation banking on most people's inability to link the pre and post trails together.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well this theory makes a lot more sense than the regular chemtrail stories I have seen here on ATS where the government was spraying chemical and biological toxins into the air to purposely make people sick...... that IMO is a load of garbage.

It kind of reminds me of the scene in the Animatrix where they "darken the sky" so the machines would die due to being powered by mainly solar energy.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Well this theory makes a lot more sense than the regular chemtrail stories I have seen here on ATS where the government was spraying chemical and biological toxins into the air to purposely make people sick...... that IMO is a load of garbage.

Good, that's what I'm going for here. I hope that maybe you'll look up at the sky a bit more and see that it makes perfect sense that they aren't simply contrails that magically turn into clouds and turn the entire blue sunny sky into an overcast day (which I just witnessed happening today!).

When you see it from the perspective that even scientists have proposed, I would hope that people can finally realize what's going on up there. And the reason we should be concerned, as I said before, is that if they are up there doing this then they are very worried about the effects of global warming if left completely unchecked.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I am getting so damn sick of listening to scientists.

First they say eat eggs then no don't eat eggs then eat eggs again then drink milk it does a body good, then don't drink milk, then drink milk again, then don't drink milk, it's not good for you, it's only for baby cows.

The earth has a giant iron core oh maybe not

Scientists: Determine FOR DAMN SURE before you announce things, I don't have time or energy to relearn every few days what science currently believes. And stop with all the damn THEORIES. I can THEORIZE things on my own, I want you to PROVE things with FACTS and SCIENCE.

That is all, Scientists. Godspeed to you all.

Godzilla out.

Edit: Godzilla back in.

I just wanted to tell you Nunya that I read about two years ago an article on Rense or somewhere saying the exact same thing and with a scientist who was a whistleblower saying this exact thing.

But he said that we'd all be doomed in about 60 years and that it was unsustainable and a last ditch effort so, he killed himself. If he existed in the first place. If we are to believe he killed himself without proof.

[edit on 19-6-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

new topics

top topics

join