It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Runway outside Edwards AFB

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
5 years ago myself, my brother and his family were living in Rosamond Ca. located just outside Edwads AFB. One day my brother a 2 friends went ATV riding in the mountains at the end of 136th St in a remote area of the Tehachapi mountains. As they were riding along a strange looking almost silent plane flew over head made a banking turn and disappeared below a mountain ridge. They rode to the top of the ridge thinking the plane was crashing only to see it taxing to a opening in the side of the mountain at the end of a runway in the valley. He said the runway and doors to the opening were completely camoflouged to look like the desert terrain and was almost indistinguisable from the surrounding desert. At that time about 3 white trucks seemed to pop up out of the desert floor from nowhere and head thier way, needless to say they hauled ass and left the area. My brother drew a picture of the plane which he discribed as a "BAT PLANE", it was about the size of the B1 bomber, with NO visable engines and almost silent.
I have included a Google Earth sceen shot of the approx: area if any members would like to help search and find this runway...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7074dc277c8d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff0c3286fbcd.jpg[/atsimg]

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding
So you saw the batplane land on a mountain range? Congratulations!

Pictures or it didn't happen. Heck, even with pictures the way CGI is these days it probably didn't happen anyway.

KAPOW! BIFF! BAM! Holy Mezcal Batman!

Jesus Christ dude.....what is your problem? His post seems entirely plausible to me. Right off the back you have to be condescending and rude.

He didnt say it WAS the "batplane" he said that it resembled it.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

If this seems plausible in your world I have a bridge I want to lease...

Plausible? This is, at first glance, a flight of fantasy.

But hey, I have an open mind, give me some more data, try and make the sell. If there's something there worth seeing I'm looking.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

wow your opinion is fail.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

mindmelding,

i am all for denying ignorance,

but you can still do it while being respectful and not degrading anyone's story's or opinions.

you're rude reply's will only end up getting you banned.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KAKUSA

This is probably where it was Northrop's Tejon Ranch radar cross section range

at this location 34.926306,-118.531237. Sorry to lazy for a screen shot.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Mind melding:...If secrets were out in the open for all to see then they wouldn't be secret now would they.
My brother and his friends caught a accidental unexpected sighting of a secret plane, sorry he wasn't ready with his camera gear to film it..the best he could do was tell me what he saw...
I resent people like you who call creditable eyewitnesses liars based on your limited knowledge of the event or knowing the eyewitness. As my brother I've know him his whole life, and if he said he saw this HE SAW THIS..!!
The plane did not land on a mountain ridge as you stated, it landed in a small valley between two mountains....

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
KAKUSA,

I believe you, I work with a guy who is an ex-airforce mechanic who used to be based at Edwards. He told me that once he was fixing a radio tower that is on a nearby hill overlooking the dry lake bed near Edwards and he saw a very strange looking plane sitting on the runway, he said it looked very similar to what people have shown in renderings online and dubbed "Aurora."

The way he described the runway was in the middle of the dry lake bed that is hidden behind a mountain range that travels somewhat parallel to the road leading into the base. He said he also saw a hangar that was built either to look like an earth mound, or was an earth mound that had been modified to hold the plane. Now I have never been to Edwards so I can't speak to what road or mountain range he was talking about, but when looking on Google earth it seems completely possible that there is a hanger/runway east of the small mountain range that is seen just east of the road running into Edwards from the North.

And even stranger is that he told me another story that he was ordered to take all the markings and reflectors off of an entire line of ground equipment that is used to service planes, all the markings were removed and replaced with red lettering that said "Aurora." He said he never worked on the project himself, only in that capacity of putting the lettering on the ground equipment.

So basically I believe exactly what you are saying, I'm not positive that we are talking about the same plane, but there is definitely a hidden runway and hanger at Edwards.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
National Security in each and everynation requires the existence of unknown to enemy bases. So i do not see any conspiracy there.

What might be intriguing though is the sort of aerial vehicles used behind the curtains...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've talked to people who live out in the exact same area. I live in Los Angeles. these people live right where the OP says the incident went down, and they say very similar things as this guy has. Give him a little credit.

From what I've been told. the locals are seeing glowing disks of light come out of underground bunker like doors. ( bunker like doors laying flat on the ground, and camoflouged) These disks then fly off into the desert at high speeds about 15 feet off the ground completely silent and bright enough to light everything underneath them like a flood light. said they can see jack rabbits startled and scurrying out of the way when the discks zip off.

So what he says makes some sense.

The shape of the aircraft. well who knows. could be some new electromagentic desigin based around the designs or concepts utilizd in the b2

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think there are strips like this all over the west. Well maintained, 1 mile+ runways with fuel tanks and a maintenance shed. That's all that's there. When you ask about it, nobody knows nothing. Perhaps they are for emergency landing or for contingency planning.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
There's a lot of strange happenings around Rosamond Ca.... My brother did heavy equipment repair in the area, one client owned a Gold Mine in the hills directly northwest of Rosamand high school, the owner was doing seismic testing in his mine shaft to determine where to tunnel next and located a large tunnel leading from Edwards AFB area NW towards the tehachapi mountains under his mine shaft. 2 days later Government agents siezed his mine property and shut it down.. Took him over 2 years to get it back with the stipulation he was to do no more blasting.... They have had UFO's that hovered over Rosamond for over a hour before, but not during the time I lived there.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sykosis3

We lived next to Rosamond high school, 136th St runs directly from Edwards AFB past the high school continuing another approx: 10 miles West before turning. It was North off the end of 136th St where they were riding in the mountains...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Jesus Christ dude.....what is your problem? His post seems entirely plausible to me. Right off the back you have to be condescending and rude.

He didnt say it WAS the "batplane" he said that it resembled it.

regardless of it was condascending, planes willingly landing in a *tunnel* is far from plausible. That is *extraordinarily* dangerous, and no one would risk a multi-billion dollar secret plane needlessly like that when you could just test it in the middle of nowhere, alaska.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Actually the op. didn't say it landed in a tunnel. but in a valley, and then taxied into a camo'ed bunker in the side of the mountain.. It was the three white vehicles that "seemed" to pop up from the desert floor..

just trying to clarify a bit is all...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It sounds like the area 19 story with the disappearing chesire runway but with a few minor daydream spice added to it.

of course thats just my opinion I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Bear in mind though. It may seem like the area 19 story, but people have been seeing very similar things as the OP's friend in that exact area for about 15 years now. I know people who have seen very similar things. Plus I've been in that area before and things check out as far as streets and locations from my recollection.

Remember a lot of advanced stuff goes on out at edwards AFB. Area 51 stuff. always has. in fact according to ben rich deceased CEO of skunk works-lockheed- area 51 IS modled after edwards AFB. they wanted a base exactly like edwards but in an even more secluded area. Edwards has EXTENSIVE underground facilities and networks. I remember one year back in the early 90's (right around when the B2 was first publicly shown ) I went to an air show there (when they could still give them-they don't now) and after the B2 gave it's arial demonstration and landed on the runway it taxied to the very very far end of the runway and loked like it was sinking into the ground. thinking it was a mirage or an optical effect from it being so far away, but still eager to see as much of the plane as I could I grabbed my dad binoculars and watched as the plane was being lowered into the ground. Yes they have massive lifts that can hold a B2 and lower it down into under ground bunkers or hangars. Even saw a guy on the ground waving his arms or those guide wands that light up in a two handed down ward gesture as if he was guiding the craft down the lift or something close to that.

Also, it's not a stretch to think that the govt has excellent ways of camoing their hangars, runways, and roads to fool spy sats.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
so why dont you drive back out to the location on your atv's and take some pictures? Hell i would.

also thanks for the coordinates

[edit on 19-6-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just to clarify my position...I know aircraft and my brothers story is thruthfull.... I was a Air Cav Helicopter CrewChief on one of only 6 experamental helicopters being developed in 1983 - 1986.. I worked on Airliners after my enlistment with one job being with Aerotest Aircraft in Mojave Ca. ... Being in that area you work with people who have been in the aircraft industy for long periods, when things get slow with one company the move on to the next company and back and forth. I have worked with many people who were once employed with the SKUNK WORKS located in Palmdale Ca.... I've heard stories from these folks that sounded unbelievable in what they were saying, but credible since they had no reason to tell tales.
There's much more going on at Edwards AFB then we will ever know, yet every once in a while people will catch sight of these secrets from time to time, my post is one of those sightings that I wanted to share with you..Thanks...Kevin

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join