It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing orders 'Buy China' for stimulus projects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Beijing orders 'Buy China' for stimulus projects

www.google.com

BEIJING (AP) — China has imposed a requirement for its stimulus projects to use domestically made goods — a move that could strain ties with trading partners after Beijing criticized Washington's "Buy American" stimulus provisions.

Projects must obtain official permission to use imported goods, said an order issued by China's main planning agency and eight other government bodies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Beginning of the trade wars and protectionism?

I just find that weird since when BUY US closes were in the stimulus bill, europe and china were screaming... Now China is doing exactly that and no one is complaining... yet.

If we go like the 30s and everyone close their borders to foreign imports... MAYBE it will be a bad for a good... meaning the end for globalism?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A blind man could have seen this comming.

TRADE WARS!!!!! Wooooot!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why not?

Everyone else is buying Chinese.

Seriously, tit for tat.

I guess my question would be, Can the Chinese afford to buy Chinese products?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The Chinese government since the economic crisis started has been giving incentives to their citizens (at least the working class) so they can afford their own products.

Still the sad reality is that only the elite class can afford to buy US made products.

So I think they will do just find.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I have this really ugly feeling that there is a lot going on behind the scenes that .gov is not telling us. Things that are need to know and have no importance of "national security".

This is definitely trade wars. I think the government is so far caught up in a perpetuating lie that if they told us the truth we would probably sitting on the WH lawn with pitchforks and torches.

Things are about to get really ugly.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Well is definitely more to just protectionism, is a game and seems that China and "friends" believe they have the upper hand.

China has been selling some of the US bonds as a warning to the US, after all they are our biggest buyers of bonds so if the can sell them that means they can stop buying too.

Also China new alliances through the BRIC is another act of defiance and people think that everything is just peachy.

China has never been our friends and while a trade partner is has nothing to do with good will.

China has always been at war with the US when they knew that militarily wasn't going to defeat us they opted for the economic war.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I thought that they made everything anyway ??

But in all seriousness this economical crises could lead to national protectionism like we have not seen for years , trouble is we no longer have the manufacturing base that we once had , a serious problem given what is taking place now .

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

This means that is the perfect time for America to regain our industrial base, but as usual that is not the priority of our present government in reign.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

How right you are , we have been rendered economically unviable , would you like some fries with that sir ?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by marg6043

would you like some fries with that sir ?

Yes, and please "super size it"

Truly many economic experts see this time as the perfect time to rebuild America for the Americans.

But looks like our own political leaders are driving our nation into the trash, because of personal and private agendas.

Just look the background of some of the greedy morons we have for politicians working against us and our nation for their own personal greed.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We would industrialized if we had a real patriot for president. We do not. We have a globalist for president, like we had since the 80s.

All those presidents worked to destroy the US. Now they've accomplished it.

Unless we do a revolution and put pro-sovergnity people in, globalism is gonna destroy us.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Isn't this just great!

During our stimulus talk we got slammed when we tried to suggest "Buy American" China does it and nobody cares. I find it Ironic. The US stimulus helps the world. China the "New world" power only helps their own.
Hhhhhmm! Seems Fair.

If the world is truly a global village I think China hasn't been keeping up their end and is acting more like the global village idiot.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Everyone - including Australia is engaging in this - we have had stimulus and are engaging in Buy Australian - China was just doing the right thing until now - the last ones to engage in this.

There is a HUGE difference between the 1930's and now - in the 1930's trade barriers were erected, tariffs imposed on foreign imports - that is very different to buying Chinese, American or Australian.

There were prices wars in the 1930's - we are already at teh bottom of theprice chain due to china being in the market - America doesnt even have any products to compete with on the international market - sooooo.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
America doesnt even have any products to compete with on the international market - sooooo.

Actually that's a common misconception.
Country Comparison :: Exports in dollars

1 Germany
$ 1,530,000,000,000

2 China
$ 1,465,000,000,000

3 United States
$ 1,377,000,000,000

25 Australia
$ 178,900,000,000

top topics

join