It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you initiate ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I just would like to know who is initiate to a parapsy or magick technic and symbolism (wica, masons, voodoo...)

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
^^^

I'd just like to know what that means...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm a Wiccan and have been for a few years. I'm a solitaire (not a member of a coven) although I do know others of the same belief.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm a pagan, but not of any particular 'faith'. At a push, I would describe myself as somewhat of a 'Lokean' which is an offshoot of the Asatru belief. (Loki is the god of change, and I think a change would do us good).

I've had to do quite a lot of searching to find out what I believe in. I used to follow the Wiccan tradition and also learned of Lakota Shamanism (from one of the very few Lakota-trained shamans in the UK). I've read of what many call 'Contemporary Religions' and even know a few 'Christian Witches' (which is not an oxymoron for anyone following a pagan system, since to us, every god is worth respecting).

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Pisky]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have little religion knowlege. But then again I am a christian. That means I am not a pagan.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I believe in God, but like to have it backed with science. I beleive that Astral Projection and like practices are ok, but if used incorrectly, like everything else, can be wrong. I guess I have my own belief system, for the most part. I tend to go against most main stream religions.

Is that what you wanted to know?

regs out...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Wat do u mean initiate?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I WILL TRANSLATE! I am fluent in broken english

"Are you an initiate?"

"I would just like to know who has been initiated into a (I think he/she misunderstood "parapsychology" for something mystic here, or perhaps made up a word "parascience") or magic technique or symbolism?

Basically wants to know if you are a certified member of any sort of magical sect or "paranormal" group.

FIN.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wouldn't it have been easier to just speak in english...then everyone would have understood...newbies, what can i really expect...

regs out...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Shidge :i think he was spooked by how close all you were on the Target test Amok ran !
By the way congratulations on that, all you guys did very well (without coordinates)
I wish i could have put in more time in on that one.

And to answer NANS DESMICHELS question i myself do not belong to any group, or groups I believe in God or i guess maybe a better term would be believe in a oneness,of the light which we all share a positive energy.
Parker

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sounds like Buddhism to me Regs if you had to label it. I don't like labels but if I had to it, I would be more Buddhist than anything.

I'm a firm believer in science and a very spitritual person. I Believe I've had an OBE or two under various conditions.

[Edited on 4-5-2004 by tandino]

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm a psion.... which is non-exclusive... I can be whatever religion and practice anything else and still be a psion...

Though any psion would recommend you use one energy system only and stick with it because of the issues that can arise. Psi just happens to be mine system of choice.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
While its true that elders and wise folk have lots to teach and I have lots to learn, i tend to distrust the authoritarian "initiation" trip. that being said, i've met the Dalai Lama, worked with and met Tarthang Tulku, and took refuge in the triple jewel with Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche. I've also enjoyed a great native American (the eldeer was Sioux if i recall..) sweat lodge. and hung with Saniel Bonder of Waking down fame. and have studied the Michael Teachings as well.
I also tend to loudly hail discordia! and have learned alot from hallucinogenics (some have a definate "message/teaching")
Deeply listening to your self (and those around you) i think is the deepest "transmission" one can recieve.
all paths are valid, all lessons worthy of learning, even the uncomfortable and "unenlightened" ones.
I think (and hope) that the time for authoritarian forms of society/spirituality is coming to a close.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Are you experienced in a type of magick system :
To become a mason, you need to follow a certain number of steps of initiation.

Idem for the WiCCA, before knowing some secrets.

The alchemy also got a style of initiation to secrets : The emerauld table.

There are several reasons for this. The most important is that you cant control magickal powers with ignoring the laws of the laws of the universe.

[Edited on 5-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I believe that I do not know everything...but I am learning a little more with every passing day.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

top topics

join