It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Maine woman, 77, teaches intruder a lesson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

MACHIAS, Maine - After being told by her daughter that a man in their home was an armed intruder, a 77-year-old woman pulled a gun on him and sent him running, according to court documents. The Bangor Daily News reported that family members have been referring to Doris Gatchell of Princeton as "Annie Oakley" after she confronted the man Friday.

my.earthlink.net.../4a3726d0_3421_1334520090616270354306

Despite what some would call my left wing views; I do support the 2nd amendment for the reason described above. Woe be the person that ever decides to entire my domicile uninvited.

I do however think that background checks need to be performed on any gun owner; the same as a drivers license. Nut cases should not be allowed to own guns. And If you drive drunk and get a DWI; not only should you lose your drivers license but you also should have your guns taken away because you have demonstrated that you don't have the capacity to think straight. IMO

[edit on 17-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
that gunman at the holocaust museum was 88...

watch the next news story be of a 66 yr old man then a 55 yr old woman 44 man 33 woman 22 man 11 girl..

counting down to something?

-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

watch the next news story be of a 66 yr old man then a 55 yr old woman 44 man 33 woman 22 man 11 girl..

-

Thats just plain nutty man. How in the heck did you come up with that off the wall calculation?

Maybe somewhere down the line it will all add up to 666 or maybe even 911 or 2012??

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That's awesome!! Good for her! That is how it really should be, once you step on my property I deal with you not the law. Unfortunately not everyone sees it that way.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

-

Thats just plain nutty man. How in the heck did you come up with that off the wall calculation?

Maybe somewhere down the line it will all add up to 666 or maybe even 911 or 2012??

what you think i think its like some fantasy hocus pocus thing happening?

try purposely named age.

laugh it up.

watch what happens .

-

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Just curious, what is the criteria for the sequence? I mean, news happens everyday we dont hear about. Right now some 89 year old could be chocking his wife to death and tomorrow a 15 year old kid might shoot somebody during a robbery?

Personally, I need a little more than what you've offered. In what time frame does the countdown have to run? How many exceptions are allowed between significant digits? Which news outlets must be reporting the incident?

Anyone can make any connection they want to from just about anything if the pool they have to choose from is the planet Earth and the time frame they have is infinite.

The best part is what happens at 00? Anything at all could happen and you can say "see, I told you so" no matter how unrelated to the string of ages and the events involving those ages you choose to be applicable to said pattern.

Seems like reading the future from a bowl of chicken bones has more merit at this point.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

My apologies man, Its creative ill give you that. I was just saying that it seamed like a stretch to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

OK, I will watch but this numerology approach, I must say is a unique perspective.

Prevenge.....would you shoot an intruder? As I mentioned, I would blow away anyone that I felt threatned by.....but I would suffer horrible remorse to think that I took a human life. Possibly of someone that didn't actually mean me harm but was desperate to steal for drugs, food, who knows.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i'm saying many news stories that we knee-jerkingly babble about and squabble and argue about could very well be just paid shills saying that something happened.

empty words.. with no actual truth to them.

or if it's necessary.. complete theatrics where something real happens.

building up each one a brick in a wall of illusion.. mixing 30/70 fake/real till everything you read is fake/theatrics

in this information climate.. there's NO reason that that can't happen right now.

so they can put in any type of numerical symbolism they want.

there's absolutely no reason why that cannot happen.

-

[edit on 17-6-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

i'm saying many news stories that we knee-jerkingly babble about and squabble and argue about could very well be just paid shills saying that something happened.

empty words.. with no actual truth to them.

building up each one a brick in a wall of illusion.. mixing 30/70 fake/real till everything you read is fake.

in this information climate.. there's NO reason that that can't happen right now.

so they can put in any type of numerical symbolize they want.

there's absolutely no reason why that cannot happen.

-

Wow, and I thought I was a conspiracy nut. You pretty much set a whole new bar. Thats far out man, keep the brain juices flowing!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This story is great!!!

Not only did Granny flip the entire situation around on the intruder. But now the news has picked it up and there's no way that this guys friends don't know about it. Dude has ZERO game and cred left. He can't even be an effective thug anymore.

I love this life!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Wow, and I thought I was a conspiracy nut. You pretty much set a whole new bar. Thats far out man, keep the brain juices flowing!

you must have missed out on the red pills when they were being handed out.

-

top topics

join