It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazil finds new strain of H1N1 virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Brazil finds new strain of H1N1 virus

www.breitbart.com

Brazilian scientists have identified a new strain of the H1N1 virus after examining samples from a patient in Sao Paulo, their institute said Tuesday.

The variant has been called A/Sao Paulo/1454/H1N1 by the Adolfo Lutz Bacteriological Institute, which compared it with samples of the A(H1N1) swine flu from California.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Okay, Hmm... Where or how to do I start to share my opinion or put a spin on this thread? The mutation of this new strand of A/Sao Paulo/1454/H1N1 virus discovered in Brazil can have a huge effect on the the success of the vaccines being massed produced now for the already discoverd (A)H1N1 which could result in millions of unnessesary vaccinations without the protection of this new strand. Just another reason for all of us to be cautious.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
"Really no takers?" Wow

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I always thought flu vaccines were completely useless. It's mutation is suposedly too fast.

I guess it only comes to prove how useless this vaccination project was from the very beginning. My opinion is that they should simply get their heads out of their butts and focus on doing vaccines for diseases that could actually be defeated and taken advantage of by this method of prevention.

Flu vaccines make no sense , at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

Couldn't have said it better, great point. ty

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hm.. I think it's possible this IS because of the vaccination.. I'm not getting one.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by physicalbeing

No "physic" they haven't discovered a vaccination for the H1N1 yet, "so they say" but the point of the thread is that they found a new strand in Brazil which means all the meds they are working on now doesn't ensure that it will stop it. Don't take any vaccinations if you can help it but it might be out of our hands now that we are at level 6
ty for posting

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity if someone has already had the swine flu & has recovered fully from it could they be less in turn to get this new strain ?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sth Hemisphere

It really depends on the mutation of the new virus. Viruses are VERY good on mutating, and if the new virus has too many different mutated strains / added proteins etc - no, you would still be affected.

As this virus spreads, the chances for mutations will increase. the "Good" mutations will replicate, the "bad" ones are disabled by the host.

I subscribe to the idea that vaccination is not needed at this point..

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Romanian]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sth Hemisphere
Just out of curiosity if someone has already had the swine flu & has recovered fully from it could they be less in turn to get this new strain ?

No , because our immune system has a part in which it is very specific. If you change the slightest protein , the "key" will not fit.

Vaccinations are based on that , they give you weakened / dead parts of the possible disease agents , then your body does its things , it learns the exact identity of it , and will react much faster in case you get infected later on.

So that is the problem with the flu , it mutates dramatically fast , and that is why we end up getting the flu many times in our lives if we do not take care of our health.

If you keep a good diet and habits you are much less likely to get any kind of disease , because we also have a non-specific defense in our immune systems.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

To be honest, I would have to say that all depends on your amune (?) system. Sorry my spelling sucks. But I would think if you build up your systems defenses you could beat most illness...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

Wow "Raufas" ty I defiently didn't think to lay it out like that but Kudos to you my Friend. Big Star!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
thank you all for the replies lets just hope we can contain any new strains that do come.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Well said... Keeping my fingers crossed!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
What I find completely strange is that there was no mention on the news of the different completely random events that took place during the uproar of swine flu, that involved several people from baxter laboratories carrying samples of the flu strain un protected?? hmmm conspiracy here me thinks.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

"Fran" There has been other threads detailing the unprotected missing samples... Good Call Though...

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is just the first step along the timeline of the Spanish flu! I think most of us tinhatters expected this flu to go to the Southern Hemisphere, mutate over the next few months, and then come back to the Northern Hemisphere in a deadlier variety next winter!

This is no surprise to the one's paying attention (us), but it will probably be huge news to the MSM and WHO. You know, those people who get paid to track and predict this stuff, but always seem to be two-steps behind the ATSers!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I like the ATS comments and it does seem so true "us".. But for some strange reason "call it history" I believe that the MSM and the WHO are fully aware of the mass attack that is on the way after the fall as it appears to be a tactical weapon...

top topics

join