It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the world end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
lets chat, i know the scientific version is the world will end

but biblically does it say that?

Ephesians 3:21 KJV
Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ecclesiastes 1:4
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

End of the age -- Matthew 13:39, 49; 24:3

Paul warns us that "now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed" (Romans 13:11).

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Earth will cease to be when our sun burns out and is then consumed by it. It will eventually come to an end regardless of what a bible says.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Define "world" and define "end" and then we can go from there.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
yes... no... mabey so. the number of threads that simply say "will the world end" are many. nobody has the awnseres your looking for, try religion or gullability

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Everything that makes up the world in it's current state (including you and your dog) will be around in one form or other for as long as there is time... It's just that it won't be planet shaped, or you shaped or even dog shaped -

We are in a transient universe my friend, we only exist because energy and there fore matter continues to flow, should / when that stop there will be no more (unless something can shake up the snow globe again)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Let's see. I have heard one televangelist say that he believes the world will not end. I am more interested in what the Bible has to say.

Matthew 13:36-43 36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. 37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; 38 the field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39 the enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 and shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I do believe this world as we know it will end.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Renewal by fire or flood perhaps?? In the back of my mind, I think the planet could undergo some bad change from a supernova, asteroids, earthquakes and volcanoes, floods or we suffocate to death from our own pollution. The "End" tho could continue on for many species depending on how well prepared they are.

top topics

join