It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation of a "light anomaly" in a graveyard pic.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hi all,

I was just going through some old pics on my computer, and came across one that hadn't caught my attention before. It's a pic of mine and my girlfriends daughter at a graveyard in our village.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2ef3b173b16.jpg[/atsimg]

Now i know that the usual claim of orbs and other lights in photos can usualy be explained away, but i was interested in the thick band that goes across this particluar picture.

It was a cold night, and on a few other pics there are pleny of "orbs" as we know them, if you can call them that. I just thought someone could give a simple explanation of what could cause the light in this picture.

FYI...i wasn't smoking when it was taken, and this might sound bizzare but i usualy hold my breath when taking photos as it keeps the camera steadier for me lol...so i don't think it was cold breath in the night air.

Thanks for any opinions.

CX.

[edit on 16/6/09 by CX]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
wow that is a really cool picture. I think if we could explain away smoke, breath, etc...it could be some kind of plasma being, if we are really thinking outside of the box..And what is that orange light to the left of your family?? I dont know what this is for sure but very cool none the less...At the tree trunk it looks as if there is almost a small figure standing there too. I see what COULD be a head, torso and legs..is that just me seeing something or does anyone else see that?

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
And what is that orange light to the left of your family?? I dont know what this is for sure but very cool none the less...At the tree trunk it looks as if there is almost a small figure standing there too. I see what COULD be a head, torso and legs..is that just me seeing something or does anyone else see that?

Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to mention, the orange light to the left on the ground is nothing, just a candle light in a glass jar left by someone on a new grave.

As for the torso you see, i can't see that myself, and i know how easy it is to see faces in anything when we start trying to find them so i won't try and find it lol.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm trying to upload a couple of more pics in my album on the media bit, but i keep getting this...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in /home/abovetopsecret/media/classes/image.class.php on line 129

Any ideas? I only have one pic in there at the moment so i can;t have used the space up can i?

Thanks,

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

This is what is commonly known as an AURA. I have a back ground with this sort of thing an dthis jsut looks like an aura cought on a regular camera which is rare bit it happens. it tends tohappen in energy vortex areas where ley lines interconnect.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yeah true about the matrixing - I just saw what could be a small figure. But after looking at it again, you can really make anything out of it. This is just peeking my interest, as it seems to be coming from each member from your family, or right near them. I read a good book about Orbs and Plasma beings, its called "Orb Project Book" by Micael Ledwith. It shows pics very similar to this. If you can post pics you took right before and after this picture that would be great. Sometimes in the pics before and after you can see orbs almsot morph into this plasma.

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
[If you can post pics you took right before and after this picture that would be great. Sometimes in the pics before and after you can see orbs almsot morph into this plasma.

Thanks Ziggy, i'm trying to do that at the moment, but as i said above, somethings not letting me do it.
I'll post them as soon as i sort it out.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Ok, still having trouble getting other pics uploaded, but this will do for now....

the picture above with the light in question....that was taken at 22:19:12, the picture below was taken 12 seconds later at 22:19:24....

You can see it is a clear night with no thick mist streaks drifting anywhere nearby.

Other info, these were taken around 10pm-11pm-ish, and were put straight into my computer upon returning home about an hour later. Other than that, the pics have not been touched.

I'll post some other comparison pics in a moment when i sort my upload think out.

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

ok thats cool CX - Its always good to see pics right around this anomaly. It is definately something odd happening in that photo. I do like the idea that you may've captured their auras. In the last pic, their seems to be an Orb on the top right, to the left of the tree. So maybe you caught this transformation of plasma to orbs? I cant be certain, but i do know and have seen pictures where that happens. that 1st pic is definately one of the best plasma photos i've seen. Very similar to pics on a website by James Gilliland - its www . eceti dot org - then go to paranormal photos and you'll see what im talking about.

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Aha, think i've sorted it....some of the pics were too big....

Ok heres another area of the cenetary......first pic...taken at 22:35:56...

Next one, same area, taken 17 seconds later at 22:36:13....

The mistyness was not apparent when i took any of the photos, as i said before it was a lovely clear night.

If it is not "paranormal", then i guess it will have to be either the air condition (which in my opinion was lovely and clear all night), or the camera playing tricks.

Thanks again for the responses, always good to hear others opinions.

CX.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wow, what cool pictures. It looks like the tree is almost reaching out to
embrace them. Wonder if spirits live in trees?

Very, very curious. Thanks for posting them.

My thoughts are: this is something outside the norm. I've think you captured something. Don't know what. But something.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oops, sorry. Double post.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by ladyinwaiting]

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This post has got me thinking, i'll do a few more trips up there at night with my camera.

The church is over a 1000 years old and has plenty of history there.

If i find anything else, i'll post it.

By the way, this is the same graveyard where i took this pic.....the night i almost filled my pants when my daughter saw what was on the screen when we reviewed the pics later lol.....

Whether it was just a fancy pattern in the trees, or an evil punch and judy face looking at us....i've never felt the same going back to that graveyard!

CX.

[edit on 16/6/09 by CX]

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Oops...double post from me too lol.

CX.

[edit on 16/6/09 by CX]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Amazing! Many light anomalies can be explained by phosphor, which is released when the bones of the dead are broken down. But this does not explain the disappearance of the "mist" in the pictures taken quarter of a minute apart. 17 seconds is plenty of time for any smoke to diffuse though and disappear. Great pics, OP!

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just curious...did the "embraceable girls" feel anything at all while they were standing at the tree? Any chilled feelings, or anything?

Did you remember to quiz them about this? Especially the child. Children are so to be more open to things.

Do go back. Could you take a tape recorder and see if you get any EVP's?

(You are very brave!)
S&F

CX

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Just curious...did the "embraceable girls" feel anything at all while they were standing at the tree? Any chilled feelings, or anything?

Did you remember to quiz them about this? Especially the child. Children are so to be more open to things.

Do go back. Could you take a tape recorder and see if you get any EVP's?

(You are very brave!)

S&F

It's our village churchyard, so we go up there quite a lot. It's not only a lovely little church that dates back to norman times, but my girls love learning about the history of the place.

I didn't quiz them at the time, but they didn't mention anything either. My eldest (the little one in the pic) always takes her EMF meter and lazer thermometer with her lol....just like the ghosthunting programmes, but nothing out of the ordinary happened in these pics.

As for being brave, it's the walk up to the graveyard that is the spookiest part. Pitch black walk of about 300m, with just the faint sight of a headstone now and again. Even some of the locals won't walk it at night.

My girls hold my hand tight at night, but funnily enough, when we get inside the cemetary, it is one of the most peaceful places you could imagine. Theres not even the eeriness you'd imagine.

IMO most people miss out on some of the most beautiful sights in graveyards. On Youtube theres a a great video to the Crash Test Dummies song "At My Funeral"..some fascinating cemetaries there....well worth a look.

CX.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I found the photos very interesting, and wish you would keep us posted if you decide to "investigate" further.

I would love to hear/see more.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well this happens many times well for example this video
LIGHT ANOMALY PICTURE VIDEO
shows many anomaly's that are either ghost spirits etc...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I grew up in a house directly behind a graveyard. I spent countless hours in there riding my bike, fishing, etc. Are you sure the object isn't a reflection caused by a grave marker? I have seen many of them. Usually beside older graves. They are a metal circular object on a post, roughly 10 or so inches from the ground. As for the mist, I don't know. Not sure if someone already mentioned this.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by KEMIK]

top topics

join