It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama boo'ed by doctors while pushing healthcare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

President Barack Obama bluntly told doctors Monday he is against their highest legislative priority — limiting malpractice awards — and earned a smattering of boos from an audience he was here to court for his health care overhaul plans.

Obama presses doctors to back health care overhaul

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea03f0b9a841.jpg[/atsimg]

So, Barry went to Chicago try and persuade the "doctors" to go along with his health care plan (a trip that cost you and I about $250,000), and neglected their number 1 concern and received "boos" from the audience. Hmmm

Don't get too excited yet. ... Just hold onto your horses here, guys," Obama said as he prepared to deliver what he knew would be disappointing news.

"I want to be honest with you. I'm not advocating caps on malpractice awards," the president said, greeted by a smattering of boos, a remarkable public response to a popular president accustomed to cheering audiences

-E-

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

He chose the wrong audience for his speech. Doctors already answer to the FDA, and insurance companies. The last thing they need or want are more people who could not get into medical school telling them what to do.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

If i'm not mistaken, didn't Obama say he was for tort reform during his campaign? Now he wants to drastically change the medical system but not change malpractice suits?! Just another lie I guess.

-E-

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Not a conspiracy but a great find never the less.
My question is why is he so adamant in pushing this agenda?
Control the health care control the people?
This kind of health care does not work in other nations it will serenity not work here!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

If a Doctor kills his patients, he can be sued. If an insurance company, refuses to allow life saving operations, they can be sued. If a government beaurocrat refuses to allow life saving treatments, no earthly court will dole out punishment. That is tort reform ,but it is probably not what most people want.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by MysterE

If a Doctor kills his patients, he can be sued. If an insurance company, refuses to allow life saving operations, they can be sued. If a government beaurocrat refuses to allow life saving treatments, no earthly court will dole out punishment. That is tort reform ,but it is probably not what most people want.

If a doctor kills his patient he SHOULD be sued, same as refusing a life saving operation. But he shouldn't be sued for extreme amounts of money for lesser things. That is one reason healthcare is so expensive.

-E-

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

The hospital bills are informative. Go to a good hospital and you see many friendly people all of whom you will pay for in some way. The alternative would be to go to the bad hospitals where you will be ignored. When sick everyone will naturally pay for the good, friendly people at expensive pretty ,hospitals. Insurance in and of itself is part of the reason healthcosts are high, though without insurance medicine would revert back the 1900's model. The Germanic medical system(our system) with its emphasis on technology will always be more expensive than the homeopathic medical system with its emphasis on prevention. It's too bad we can't have both.

top topics

join