It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'New' Testament

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How can there be a new testament?

My suspician is that Church bosses decided to come up with 'The New Testament' for their own beneificial gains.

What is everyone elses opinion?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well considering that the "church bosses" who followed the Old Testament were Hebrew and have nothing to do with those who follow the doctrines of the New Testament... Ummm no.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingCupPlate

Like I said in the other thread that you abandoned, testament, in older English, meant covenant.

So, the name "New Testment" means "New Covenant". The reason that it is called this is because of the belief that Jesus fulfills the prophecy of Jeremiah of the New Covenant [which Jesus said he fulfilled..."the new covenant in my blood"].

Therefore, "Old Testament" is the story of the "Old Covenant" or the Mosaic Law.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingCupPlate

What is everyone elses opinion?

I'm of the opinion that you should not abandon any of the threads you create...

Talking About This Beauty...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
* Maybe we should treat a new member with some courtesy *

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I honestly think new test, old test has been highly influenced by the church, manipulated contourted, and broken.

The new testament is supposedly a new God, a changed god if you will.

Which is kind of hard to think of an omnipotent being who changes his mind on things as like a man/woman does.

The OT had a vengeful spiteful, angry god, (all but the very beginning, very very) the NT had a kind merciful god. Pendelum I guess?

I never really got how a god could be jealous, and all that sorts.

Hope this helped you.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've noticed some of your threads.

Feel free to use the Search Box on the upper right. Although you may have to do some serious digging! I know I have.

This site is filled with information that i'm sure you're looking for, welcome to ATS btw. Lots of people on here will be glad to help you via U2U!

So don't be shy to ask.

top topics

join