It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard my DEAD cats meow today...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Almost everyone knows I'm into economics but I do have a healthy respect for the paranormal and what's beyond.

I have two cats. A 12 year old female Scamper and a 15 year old male Whiskers.

A little over a week ago Whiskers disappeared and never returned, this is odd for him because he hates being outside without me and will sit at the door meowing until someone lets him in.

I suspect he left to go find a quite place to pass on.

This evening while cooking my dinner I heard him meow twice. I searched the entire house for him and found nothing. I even asked my mother to keep her ears open, as I am currently living with her. We didn't find him or hear any more meows.

Let me reiterate that I know my cats voices by heart. I have had them in my life for a very long time. Think of it as if you were in a crowd and your mother or father yelled "HEY!" and you immediately knew it was one of them. It's like that.

Strangely enough this happened when Whisker's brother, Comet, died a very long time ago. I would hear his meow and see his tail out of the corner of my eye, turn and nothing would be there.

So, my beloved cat Whiskers has passed on. Let's all take a moment to remember him as the loving cat he was.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c422c6060d42.jpg[/atsimg]
Whiskers
1995-2009

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Cats that are loyal to their owners like to find a quiet place, far away from the owner to die at as a sign of respect. It's a strange thing but it's a sign of your cat's affection towards you. I had a dog when i was around 6 that was killed by a car while I was at church and since the day he died, I'd hear his nails running across the kitchen or hear a bark.

He's there with you.

RIP

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
- Could he could be stuck under the house ... in the attic .. a closet?

That being said - the neighbor had her dog visit her after his death. She didn't even know the dog had died. She was standing in the kitchen and the dog came up to her 'looking tired'. She said to him that he should go lay down because he looked tired. When she turned back around, he was gone.

A few minutes later she went to the car to get something out of it ... and there was the dog in the car... dead. The kids had been playing on a hot summer day and the dog got stuck in the car and overheated.

poor doggie ...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss Tentickles. Please do make sure every inch of the house is checked just in case. I've had cats that have managed to get into the weirdest of places. Was Whiskers ill before he disappeared?

After my cat Floyd died (he got splooshed by a car unfortunately
) I kept seeing a black shadow out of the corner of my eye and still felt like he was with me for a while. A few flatmates said the same thing. He appeared in my dreams a lot too. I still miss him so much.

Sending some love to the grid for you and Whiskers now.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I had a similar experience once.

My cat had unfortunately been hit by a car. As we buried him in our garden, I could swear I heard him meow. I was with other people, who didn't hear anything...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
So sorry to hear about Whiskers, Tent. I became quite the cat fancier about 4+ years ago when a Korat walked into my life. I am for the most part retired, so I'm around home most of the time, and my cat, Alpha Nikki, sticks to me like glue. I've become so use to her being right there next to me engaged in everything I do all the time. If she were to leave the planet I think I'd have to get another Korat pretty soon, as I don't think I could get over a cat like that not always being there. It's true though, that animals will wander off when its their time to pass on. I think they seek safety in being alone when they feel vulnerable like that, same with dogs too.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Those who believe the popular scientific theory would say that yeas of living with the cat has left psychological imprints in your mind, these will appear in later life as mini flashback or hallucinations. It's like if you play Mario all day, when you're in bed you can often still hear the noise it makes when Mario jumps.
A kind of imprint that echoes.

However many would also say that his spirit or energy is still in the house, maybe this can be described as an energy imprint which echoes? I don't know. I do think though that as our world is a personal perception you may aswell believe what you want, it doesn't matter what you believe as you'll never be proved right or wrong (in this particular case). Pick the one that seems most comforting and remember for many the important thing is that the good memories will also be echoing in your mind forever.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by and14263]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi Tentickles,

I had a cat get inside my car door through a tiny speaker hole once. I had to disassemble the entire door.

Don't pronounce him dead just yet. I also put a cat in the refrigerator when I was a kid. I guess she looked hot. My mother heard her crying for hours, but couldn't find her. She survived. I had a cat fall asleep in my dryer once, and I was hurrying to work, tossed in some clothes and walked away. I thought a shoe accidentally got in there from the clunking, and I almost didn't go back, but luckily I did, and I removed a very dizzy and frizzy cat!

I hope you find him alive somewhere, if not, it is nice to know he'll be chasing all the ghost mice away!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

beautiful cat...RIP whiskers

I prayed for all our pets

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Whiskers had been slowly losing weight over the last few months. I was surprised when we noticed he wasnt home anymore.

He also wasnt one to explore or play much. He grew out of that when he was younger. Just loved to sleep and lounge around the house all day.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss Tent. That looked like one rough and tumble cat. I too had a cat named Bootsy who just up and left one day when he got old and frail. He was apart of my family for over 20 years. He was never a nuisance to us while he was alive and I guess he didn't want to be nuisance to us in death.

I hope maybe as others have speculated that the cat may possibly be in place around the house you would never expect him to be. Anyway, if Whiskers went to kitty heaven; rest in peace buddy.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I have to say I find this post odd. Most people that have a "beloved cat of 15 years" come up missing don't just shrug and say "Oh well must be dead, well let's move on!"

You do not know that he is dead, and honestly you don't seem that bothered by it either way.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I have to say I find this post odd. Most people that have a "beloved cat of 15 years" come up missing don't just shrug and say "Oh well must be dead, well let's move on!"

You do not know that he is dead, and honestly you don't seem that bothered by it either way.

Not necessarily true. I have a 14 year old dog, and I have been expecting to find him dead for the last two years! He is a very large dog, and they don't normally live past 9 or 10. He started getting some cancerous growths a few years ago, and we stopped having them removed when the soreness from surgery started being more miserable than the lumps.

I will probably react similarly to Tentickles if the dog wanders off, or I find him dead somewhere. It will be very sad, but not unexpected. If he goes missing, I will suspect that he did it on purpose, as he has never gone missing in 14 years, so I will know it is no accident. The non-chalant attitude is no reflection of the love felt. It is just a realist attitude, combined with a respect for the animal's wishes.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyI will probably react similarly to Tentickles if the dog wanders off, or I find him dead somewhere. It will be very sad, but not unexpected. If he goes missing, I will suspect that he did it on purpose, as he has never gone missing in 14 years, so I will know it is no accident. The non-chalant attitude is no reflection of the love felt. It is just a realist attitude, combined with a respect for the animal's wishes.

In the natural world where pedators reign perhaps. In the modern world the fact is death via cancer or other methods can be EXTREMELY painful. Older animals can and DO become senile, that does not mean they just go off and "fall asleep".

If grandpa was going senile and just wandered off would everyone just say "oh well grandpa wanted to go that way". Heck no they would realize that grandpa could be confused, or maybe had a stroke, or could be injured but regardless it could be a very very bad situation for him.

I have had and lost many older pets, and only once was the passing of an elderly epileptic dog "unexpected". 98% of the time it is obvious when they are failing or in pain if the owner pays any attention. They don't just seem fine one minute and then crawl off to die the next.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I have had two instances where they did just crawl off and die, without any sign of unusually high pain. They were old, and had bad hearing, gimpy legs, etc., but they were not constantly suffering, and not bad enough to put down. Then one morning we get up, can't find them, and eventually find them dead somewhere with no signs of injuries. In my case, these are not city animals, they live outside and inside, so it wasn't unusual to only see them a couple of times a day.

In the case of grandpa, unfortunately the law won't allow us to put him down humanely like we would mercifully do to an animal. It makes no sense to me that people argue for animals rights, while we torture our elderly humans. Grandpa would probably be locked up in a facility and drugged 24 hrs a day to control his pain and dementia while a nursing home collected Thousands of dollars a month from his hard-earned SS, Pensions, and Medicaid!! Can't allow him to die gracefully or respectfully while there is still profit to be made! For my parents, I hope they will go just like the cat. I want them home with their loved ones until they keal over one day! When I go, I may wander off into the woods to be alone.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your cat. That's the problem with pets, they become part of the family and when you lose them you really feel it.
I too have had a similar experience to you. When my dear old mum died some years ago I would lie in bed at night listening to the sound of coughing coming from her bedroom.
However, there is an interesting story that ex President of the Ghost Club describes in one of his many books which concerned an old house supposedly haunted by a dog who would be heard barking in empty rooms. Underwood followed the barking from room to room until he noticed that it only started when the owner of the house was sitting in his armchair. When the guy went to make a cup of tea he inspected the chair and found a number of buttons under the padding. When he pressed one the barking began causing the owner to run in from the kitchen. Turned out the guy had rigged his house up as a haunted house and had invited many researchers to take a look.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
First, let me tell you how very sorry I am for your loss.
I lost my "kittie" one year ago today. She was my gift from God for 19 years. We had her cremated and placed in a beautiful urn. I chose green, but oddly the funeral home accidentally changed it blue, coincidentally the color of her eyes. A day or so after she passed, I took photos to see if she was hanging around. I caught orbs near her favorite places and around her favorite toy. I have yet to catch anymore. My husband and I also heard her purring, scratching and felt her jumping onto the couch from her cat pole, which was a very distinct sensation, for a couple of weeks. She has also come to me in my dreams, but she faded away more and more with each visit. In one of the last visits, she had what I call "dead eyes" or hazed over you might say. In the last dream, she was invisible, but I knew she was there, she spoke to me. I have two elderly dogs now, and I am terrified of going through this 2 more times. I have to say that I know in my heart that our souls are bound, and they will all come back to me.
Again, I am so sorry

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Nice story to share.

I've never experienced a passed animals voice (meow, bark).

I did have some recurring dreams about my dog that i really grew close to when i was a kid. Still have those dreams up til now. That's like 6 years ago since he passed. The dreams are always dark and lonely. I think that's because he died in the dark and alone. It was a complicated story to how he ended up an outside dog. Anyway, it guilts me that i wish i could go back in time and would have been there for him like the good old days were before i had moved away.

Although I don't have much to say about your loss, i think we can all connect and relate to each other.

Here is my dog: 1998-2003

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's only been a week don't count him out yet. Look EVERYWHERE for him, he might be stuck somewhere. Call his name and check around the house, yard, garage. Inside cats can live to twenty plus if healthy.
good luck

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
- Could he could be stuck under the house ... in the attic .. a closet?

That being said - the neighbor had her dog visit her after his death. She didn't even know the dog had died. She was standing in the kitchen and the dog came up to her 'looking tired'. She said to him that he should go lay down because he looked tired. When she turned back around, he was gone.

A few minutes later she went to the car to get something out of it ... and there was the dog in the car... dead. The kids had been playing on a hot summer day and the dog got stuck in the car and overheated.

poor doggie ...

It's funny you ask that -- we lost our Siamese cat once and thought she had run away, but she was stuck in the crawl space. A friend of my son's lost his ferret and thought he had run away and found him dead a few days later in one of the daylight window wells.

About the dog, my husband called me in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago to ask about our old dog. He said the dog had come to him in his sleep and was standing by the bed. Fortunately, the dog was alive and kicking, so I don't know what that was all about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join