It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard my DEAD cats meow today...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your kitty.
My husband and I both had a similar experience after our affectionate and sweet bird died. I would hear her chirp from time to time after her death. I told my husband about it, and he said he was experiencing the same thing. We never heard her chirping at the same time though.

Anyway, it wasn't like a memory; it was like she was right there in the same room with me. I don't know it happens, but I suspect it has to do with our grief. I cried so much the first week after she died, and I felt such a deep ache in my heart for a long time. Even though it's been over 10 years since she died, I still have a picture of her on my refrigerator. I still miss her, but the picture kind of helps.

Anyway, I'm sorry again for your loss. Keep that picture of her close to you and enjoy the good memories.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I do believe animals have energy and that there can be "Ghost" animals. But more than likely as it was stated earlier, it is nothing more than you being so accostumed to the cat and having the cat imprinted on your brain. My dog died a year ago and I still think I hear him walking around the house, the jingly of his collar, or hear him panting. Is he haunting the house? Perhaps. But more than likely it is just me and being used to those sounds while in that house and my brain just 'filling' it in so to speak.

If you never found the body I would highly suggest you start looking near the area you heard the meow just to be sure.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
hi tentickles, S&F. this story reminds me of my own.

he was most likely letting you know he was fine, wherever he has gone to!!

i have a similar story you may enjoy,

in 2004 i left scotland for new zealand and left my lifelong friend and cat, dusty. she was 23 yrs old!!

anyway, about 2 months after being in new zealand i woke up one night around 2am with the moon shining through my curtains. it cast a shadow on my wall the same as dustys!! i just knew it was her!!!

so this gave me a big smile and i went back to sleep. when i got back to sleep i then had a dream that dusty was being injected at the vet.

i then woke up around 6am with a text message from my brother back home saying dusty had fallen ill and was put down ther previous day.

i will never forget this story and it proved to me 100% that there is somewhere after death, even for little cats!! i am in no doubt of this at all.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well whatever happened to Whiskers I am sure he is in a better place now (assuming that he did die).

That said, Here where I live there is an outdoor cat. I do not know who it belongs to but it comes around my place alot. I put out water for it sometimes.

At night sometimes I will hear it meowing outside my house. I will get up sometimes to find it leaning against my door wanting in. The way my house is built sounds travel really well. This cat's meow echoes very well. So when it meows it often sounds like he is actually in the house somewhere in one part of the house and the whole time he is outside in a completly different area.

I wonder if mabye something like that is happening here. Perhaps he is hiding outside somewhere near by? I don't know.

I do believe that when loved ones die ( in this case your beloved cat) it is possible for them to come back and visit, almost as if to let you know they are ok now.

I want to believe that your cat is still alive and just hiding somewhere, but if your cat did die, I want you to know that I truly am sorry, and that I truly believe your cat has gone on to a much better place.

Peace and love to you and yours.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join