It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me decide if this was beyond a lucid dream????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ill give a brief history. I started having sleep paralysis when i was 14. Either before or after I had a few lucid dreams. My sleep problems after high school got worse and by 19 I couldn't sleep without the help of inhaling a certain plant. I would literally only sleep if my eyes couldn't stay open anymore and I would hate working on no sleep. I realized I grew tolerance for the plant and on weekends when i would drink I NEVER had paralysis or dreams of demons which i hated. Even sleeping pills didn't work on me. I am a full fledged alcoholic now and almost always sleep while intoxicated.

But no need to even go into my issues with alcohol. My question is about early this afternoon when I was completely sober and took a nap.

I've had everything from OBE to Astral Projection, trying to fly thru walls, outerspace, over cities. Not a stranger to any of it except sometimes it gets hard to know the difference between them all. Once somebody tried to speak with me introducing himself and saying he's a psychologist (voice only)

With that said my dream today started with my legs floating on the couch attempting to take my upper body up also but seemed to heavy. Then i fall into the "dream" by a piece of wood almost hitting me as i sat on the floor of what i thought was my home. I look up to see a young man had dropped it and jokingly say "you trying to kill me?" He knows that Im there yet shows no emotion and picks up the wood and walks out of the room. This is when i look around the normal sized room and see "unfinished" dressers, shelves etc. I get up to walk out and now I know I'm dreaming yet fully conscious. I couldn't walk straight it felt like trying to walk straight on a spinning floor and could turn right alot easier than i could turn left.

So i struggle and make my way out of the room to see a short but very wide dark hallway with a huge sunlit room on the other side. Very warehouse style yet all walls and ceilings were fully done. ALL OVER was unfinished carpentry, lots of holes in them like buying shelves u have to put together. At this point i somehow felt like a current grabbed me and i float to the ceiling feet first and struggle to control my own movement and finally end up face down on the floor where i see the young man again who looks my age (28) yet acts as if im not there he has wood in his hands moving swiftly around as if he's simply working. While I'm face down on the floor trying to get up I ask him "where am i" and he still ignores me so i get up struggling to move towards him while the "current" seems to only let me go right and not left so i maneuver towards him repeatedly asking my question when i finally get close enough i grab his wrist and ask again. At this point he looks at me and bends his arm to show me a tattoo on his bicep. At this point i know or think im in some other dimension so Im excited and try to remember what Im seeing.

It didnt seem revealing at all. It was a simple tattoo of what at the time i felt was a cross between a rhino and an elephant cartoon style (think ninja turtles) and behind the rhino what seemed to be a mean monkey. And even further back what looked like a palm tree on a island. This is when i woke up. In hopes of going back i went to my room and tried again which only lead to multiple unrelated lucid dreams. I forgot how fun lucid dreams are and practically have them 100% of the time but still get paralysis too often to sleep sober.

so what do u guys think? lucid? astral? any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
the human mind is capable of all kinds of marvelous things

i can not say what exactly happened to you, but being this is your body and your life

you tell me, what do You think happened?

i do not mean to be cliche but I believe your gut instinct may be the most valuable answer for what may have really been going on there

so, what is your gut instinct?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It was my first time physically interacting in what felt like a complete mix between OBE, Lucid Dream, and Astral Project.

When my feet went towards the cieling it felt most like astral projection, but the "warehouse" and "employee" is difficult for me to compare to my other projections. Im truly confused. In risk of sounding uneducated in this field I think I was in an actual place somewhere on earth but i can't explain the "employee." I was hoping somebody experienced could offer an opinion. Thanks for ur reply!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueminatti
In risk of sounding uneducated in this field I think I was in an actual place somewhere on earth but i can't explain the "employee." I was hoping somebody experienced could offer an opinion. Thanks for ur reply!

If it were an actual place here on earth and the guy was real, then he wouldn't have likely reacted that way. First he ignored you then he showed you his tattoo? If you were OB and he saw you he would probably be freaked out.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueminatti

Who knows bro, You sure it was a rhino and elephant. or maybe a Donkey and elephant??Just asking,,, If it is a donkey then it would show the monkey controlling both parties and then the paradise we all should have.. IDK just throwing it out there..

check out this site... It is out there, but it explains some things.... Truthism.com

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It sure does sound like a lucid dream, and i have to say i empathise with your sleeping problems (i myself have been through the exact same problems and used your tactics, luckily though i recently managed to get out of it)

I have to ask people here also, do you find when you drink/smoke, then sleep, you tend to have the wierdest dreams??

I also find it alot easier to lucid dream the morning after. For an example, i go to sleep, wake up briefly in the morning (to turn the pillow over or something) and then when i drift to sleep straight after the dream is incredibly wierd and tends to be lucid. Anyone else find this also?? Also, any explanations if known?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sounds like you took a trip to IKEA.

I don't know it certainly was an odd dream.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't remember where I read it, but if you take a nap during the day you are more likely to have a lucid dream.

Also when I was reading the part "you trying to kill me?" ....

I got total Déjà vu, I hardly ever get that....I had a dream about reading your thread....this to stange.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
lmao@ikea...

and i agree about lucid dreams during the day, maybe something to do with sunlight?

since nothing significant happened im gonna accept it as a lucid dream. But this is definitely gonna get me back into doing it more often, way too much interesting stuff to miss out on.... ill do this a few times a week and share the experience for kill time's sake...

and at the deja vu comment, thats another thing i need to look into, ive always been intrigued with it...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well putting your an alcoholic really makes it very easy to understand what this is, it's actually Psychology 101 I took the class last year.

REM Rebound, when you drink you lose an unimaginable amount of REM sleep, so as you were not drinking when you took your 'Nap', your body immediately jumped into a high concentration of REM sleep.

REM- Rapid Eye Movement, it's were the dreams take place. It really recharges you. Now it typically lasts only 30 minutes of REM sleep per 8 hour sleep and 4 intervals of it, typically.

With REM Rebound, your body tried to hyperlly catch up on that missed REM sleep. So you may of had very very intense dreams, and may of seemed to last forever because they could of gone up for about an hour! Thats twice the normal one, and would make it that much easier.

I'm going to say Lucid Dreaming.

As an Avid Alcoholic Anonymous member, I see this constantly with the newcomers, explainin these odd things, and seeing mysticism in it, when it's just their bodies trying to desperately recover.

Hope'd this helped explain whats going on!

For a kicker, it's like when a Avid Smoker quits, and they start to notice smells and tastes with such great effect it almost knocks them off their feet! Thats a good correlation for ya!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

well you certainly answerd my question

cheers mate

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I too agree with the lucid dreams during daylight. Could be sunlight, but more likely the state of your brain cyle.

I have had the strangest dreams during the day, many of them surreal and sometimes lucid. Hearing 'alien' conversations and strange sounds similar to what i've heard during SP.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Yes I also notice that I'm more likely to lucid dream (I don't do it often) after waking up early in the morning then falling back asleep.

top topics

join