It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unexplained Blue Glow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This was in middle TN a couple of years ago. There was a quickly expanding blue glow on the horizon over the trees. Then there was a small explosive sound. I checked for all types of explosions like a gas line or electric main. There were no car crashes in that area. There wasn't an airport in that direction either. I am still curious about what it could be and wouldn't mind some feedback.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Could have been a transformer exploding. Those babies make the night sky look like daylight. I saw one explode, the sky just lit up with this intensely bright bluish/greenish color. Very cool to see...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Could of been anything, meteor.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

We checked for that when we checked "electrical mains."

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Is there an airport nearby? Did you see any odd lights prior to seeing the explosion?

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingCupPlate

That's a theory I hadn't thought of. We've had a couple of geophraphical features created in this state by meteors.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nope. There weren't any nearby airports or anything. It was very puzzling. Thanks. This has been like troubleshooting for a faulty appliance and still can't come up with anything terrestrial.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi,

I was wondering how long the expanding blue glow lasted, before you heard the explosion type sound?

If it was only a second or two, that might help support a meteor hypothesis, any longer and the thing would already be in the ground.

Do you live near any military bases, or defence contractors etc?

If near a base, and where you are is remote, could this have been a weapons test of some sort? Plasma, scalar, Tesla beam etc. maybe?

I know it's used to explain away UFO sightings, but could it have been something along the lines of Ball lightning...

Perhaps even (as unlikely as it may be) a time traveller from the future (or past, come to that) materializing...or departing.

Lastly (and really, just to get up the debunker's noses) it may have been a military experimental antigrav - interdimentional - craft, or an EBE (or EDE, Extra Dimentional Entity) super-duper craft?

Or something completely different...a kid lighting a firework even...
If you had physical traces, we may be able to pin it down? Could you find the exact location and go and look for anything out of the ordinary from what you'd expect in that area?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
If it was only a second or two, that might help support a meteor hypothesis, any longer and the thing would already be in the ground.

Actually, if the delay between the sound and the light was that short, it would do exactly the opposite. Meteors seen above the horizon, when they produce sonic booms have delays of around 1-3 minutes.

A meteor seen from beyond the horizon by it's light being scattered by the atmosphere would be yet further away, and therefore the delay between light and sound would be still more, but I doubt anything would be heard that far way. If it was, it would probably be a quite long lived deep rumbling "noise" (felt rather than heard), a bit like rolling thunder in the distance.

If the OP can give a date/time for the observation, I'll check if any large meteors were reported.

It could be almost anything. More info is needed if an answer is to be found.

winotka - what is in the direction where you saw the glow. Could you mark the direction of the glow on a map?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Let's see...

The glow expanded/lasted for a couple of seconds...a little longer than a transformer explosion would've been.

Could there be ball lightning with clear skies at night?

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Hmmm... it was about 2 yrs. ago.

Were were on 56 coming from visiting somebody, heading in the direction of I40. We were parallel to a medium sized city called Cookeville, TN. There aren't any bases on that side. There's a national guard on the other side of that city.

new topics

top topics

join