It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Now the Supreme Authority will be beheaded... er... dethroned...

Ayatollah Khamenei is a Shi'ite religious leader, NOT just a political leader. They would NOT behead him as most in Iran are Shi'ite.

That would be like beheading the Pope, even if the Pope heads up and backs a corrupt government, you don't behead the religious leader without peeving off ALL of the Shi'ites in the world.

Iranian's are 85% Shi'ite so they would not want to do something so blasphemous either. They would just take him out of governmental power.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I am saying that history is repeating, same as you.

The point is, one has to make up his own mind and decide how to relate to the "absolute" authority. That is the question for all times.

These guys are going down. Next please...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Now the Supreme Authority will be beheaded... er... dethroned...

Ayatollah Khamenei is a Shi'ite religious leader, NOT just a political leader. They would NOT behead him as most in Iran are Shi'ite.

That would be like beheading the Pope, even if the Pope heads up and backs a corrupt government, you don't behead the religious leader without peeving off ALL of the Shi'ites in the world.

Iranian's are 85% Shi'ite so they would not want to do something so blasphemous either. They would just take him out of governmental power.

I guess then it's all right. Religious leaders can behead people, and people cannot behead religious leaders. This has be settled now.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Huggs everyone....

Many good replies here..
Ive learned quite a bit more about Iran in the last few days.

I read this in the news and they pretty much threw their hand of cards down on the table...
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei sided with hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and offered no concessions to the opposition. He effectively closed any chance for a new vote by calling the June 12 election a "definitive victory."

The speech created a stark choice for opposition candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi and his supporters: drop their demands for a new vote or take to the streets again in blatant defiance of the man endowed with virtually limitless powers under Iran's constitution.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The odds arent really in favor of the opposition as long as Khamenei is in power...
Now even more since his crackdown threat.
100's could die and many will be arested starting from now on....

Its going to take a coup to unseat these higher ups...
(If thats being payed out????
we dont know,,,,theres to much we dont know.)

And alot of bloodshed as well....

This will be a major domestic problem for Iran reguardless if it fails...
And also will be more threats directed at the west more than ever from Khamenei and Ahmadinejad.

Now with Khamenei latest statement this could fizzle out quite fast with some bloodshed.arrests.assainations.,,,
there gonna squish the opposition fast now,,,their not gonna let this continue...
(unless theres an inside coup ofcourse),, these guys are really dug in,,,

Ahmadinejad will need to double his security and have some tanks from now on while he is in his motorcade....(people really hate him from the looks of things)

I sure hope they can oust khamenei and Ahmadinejad but more covinced this will be a lot easier said then done if at all...

the relolutionary guard,militia will kill anyone in sight once they are told to.......

Ill keep my eyes peeled on this thread!!!

huggs everyone....

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Apparently, a suicide bomber has detonated a bomb at the shrine of Ayatollah Khomeini...

Reports of bomb exploding in Tehran

There are reports a bomb has exploded in Tehran at the shrine of Iran's revolutionary founder as thousands of people protest at the result of the country's election, reports say.

At least one person was killed and two others injured in the northern wing of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's shrine, said the Fars news agency.

Reports said it was a suicide bombing and the attacker died in the blast.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Apparently, a suicide bomber has detonated a bomb at the shrine of Ayatollah Khomeini...

How convenient for the govt of Iran. This is being reported by only one source and that is Iranian state TV.

It is amazing how many of you are convinced that the Western media reports only what its governments report and yet will take, as gospel, a report from a demonstrably controlled media entity.

Not saying this blast didn't occur. I'd just prefer to get it from an actual news source.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I haven't taken anything as gospel, and I didn't say I'm convinced that it really happened. And I didn't link to an Iranian source. This is now being reported all over the place (all quoting the Iranian source). Just saying...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Night Watchman

I haven't taken anything as gospel, and I didn't say I'm convinced that it really happened. And I didn't link to an Iranian source. This is now being reported all over the place (all quoting the Iranian source). Just saying...

Understood. I think it is important, however, to point out that the ONLY reporting on this alleged explosion is coming from Iranian STATE RUN TV.

This is not coming from a reliable source of news. It is coming from a Propaganda Machine.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Some speculative analysis, based on information that filters out of Iran. There is a growing discontent with Ayatollah Khameini among his peers, most notably Ayatollhs Khatami and Rafsanjani. Though all were committed to an Islamic Revolution, the reality of it succeeding as hoped is sinking in.

Khameini is getting very old, and he is becoming seemingly more committed to an extreme policy which includes confronting Israel and planning nuclear weapons for the country.

In the meantime the economy suffers and domestic problems mount. He may be too addled and unrealistic to maintain his position. What me may be seeing is an internal power struggle with Khameini taking a hard line stance and self-protective measure. Khatami wanted Mousavi to be President, they share a more pragmatic stance.

More to it than this, but all is not apparent at the surface, I'm certain.

Mike

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am surprised the Iran run state tv WOULD run that story. It does not look good for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I am surprised the Iran run state tv WOULD run that story. It does not look good for them.

The story of the explosion? Sure it does. Who do you think will get the blame for the "blast?" The opposition of course and this will be used as further justification for shutting down public protests...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't recall the specifics but there were at least three serious events just prior to the election. A mosque was blown up, a bomb was found planted somewhere where one of the Ayatollahs was scheduled to visit, are a couple.

Indications that something is going on in the background. It has been noted that international arms dealers are lurking somewhere hoping for or maybe even provoking conflicts that will translate to more business for themselves.

Mike

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Well the people are sure not backing down.

Riot police clash with demonstrators in Iran

Iran was rocked by violent clashes today as demonstrators defied their Supreme Leader’s warnings of ‘bloodshed’ to take to the streets.

Police in Tehran used teargas, metal batons and water cannons on protesters who continue to challenge the recent presidential elections.

In the south of the city supporters of defeated candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi torched a building used by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s backers.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
YouTube video
Clashes in Tehran, June 20, Video of Regime's Forces Shooting Demonstrators

Ryan Mauro's WorldThreats.com
There is an all-out war between the people and security forces.

An Iranian has told me that there are escalating clashes between the people and security forces as we speak. He says at least four people are confirmed killed in Tehran and one in Shiraz City.

•» At 3:30 PM (Tehran time), security forces began raiding homes in Niavaran and Farmanieh Street to confiscate satellite dishes.

•» Security forces are extremely violent, using batons and electric clubs to make sure people keep moving and don’t form groups. Water canons are being used, and helicopters are above for surveillance. Gunmen are on rooftops. Protestors are throwing stones at the forces.
[...]
•» “There is an all-out war between the people and security forces,” says supporters of PMOI.
[...]
•» In Tehran, “people are saying that there is a bloodbath and the scene is out of control.”
•» A photo of Ayatollah Khamenei on Jomhouri St. has been pulled down and ripped to pieces.
•» At 6:00 PM (Tehran time), people attacked the Basiji at Azadi (Freedom Square) and lit the unit’s building on fire. Revolutionary Guards forces intervened and opened fire.

[edit on 6/20/09 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I am wondering why, if this event truly happened, we haven't seen any video of the aftermath from Iranian state run TV?

Anyone else find that odd??

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As I said before about what will happen in Iran.

"Only the quiet whimper of lost life and their parents mourning because their self entitled children gave up their life for flawed ideals, causing the parents to loose their investment and inheritance which a good child should have provided."

I'm pretty sure Mr. Moussavi had better start to prepare himself and his wife for death. Why? Because if sticks and stones won battles Palestine wouldn't be living in a trashed chunk of land subject to the whims of Israel.

Americans would never attempt such an act. Which is Ironic because we are, as a people, heavily armed and much more likely to succeed. It would be an excellent time for the Queen to come and claim her British Colony. Oh wait, they are doing that already.... Anybody got some good Bankster rap?

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Where are you, the cowards who defend the Iranian regime? Are you watching the news around the world? The Iranian govt is MURDERING WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!!

Where are your voices now? I dare you to post...make it known that you support the murder of INNOCENT CIVILIANS????

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this might not be online long. a girl dying after being shot by whoever?!

At 19:05 June 20th Place: Karekar Ave., at the corner crossing Khosravi St. and Salehi st. A young woman who was standing aside with her father watching the protests was shot by a basij member hiding on the rooftop of a civilian house. He had clear shot at the girl and could not miss her. However, he aimed straight her heart. I am a doctor, so I rushed to try to save her. But the impact of the gunshot was so fierce that the bullet had blasted inside the victim's chest, and she died in less than 2 minutes. The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St. The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Please let the world know

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Where are you, the cowards who defend the Iranian regime? Are you watching the news around the world? The Iranian govt is MURDERING WOMEN AND CHILDREN!!!

Where are your voices now? I dare you to post...make it known that you support the murder of INNOCENT CIVILIANS????

Of course they are. How did you think this would turn out? Some idealistic fairy tale perhaps?

Try to openly contest an election here and force your opinion of the vote and see how that turns out also. I got one for you, try to secede a state from the US and see what happens. But we tell other nations it is good and just for them to break apart. It won't be roses and blessings if one of our states decides to jump ship. It will be tanks. In every nation the labor gives its leaders power. The people are the base and might of a nation's leadership because money rules all and that is the key to regime change. If you revolt you better have every swinging dickk with you and you had better not burn and destroy. Ghandi had it about right if you want bad people to go away. You simply do nothing and whoever got your ruler in place will remove him quickly because the people's labor empowers them. No labor, no power.

Do you understand why our elections have been so damn near 50/50 here lately. Hmmm, do you? What if GW would have won by 75%?

Sheesh, sheeple....

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DalairTheGreat

Another link to that video.

Neda

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join