It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
All guns are banned,so HYPOTHETICALLY speaking,they would need to resort to whatever gives them any hope of leveling the playing field.

I am not sure who those riot police are, but seriously all it would take is for their mothers to get upset. Good urban warfare tactics that you mentioned, but if the older women in Iran saw the stuff that is on the internet (the young girl shot to death) they would lay down the law fast.

I am seriously starting to question who some of the riot police are. They are beating women in the streets? Unless the gov is doping them up that does NOT sound like typical Iranian behavior at all.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Obama is clever not to rush into this. Nothing will be decided in a few days. America and everybody else can help Iranians in many ways.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Iran election: sinister parallels between Tehran protests and the 1979 revolution

In the brutal street conflicts of 1979 Ali Khamenei was a lowly seminary lecturer, while Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a student activist. Both were thrown into prison by the Shah's ruthless secret police.

In their current roles as supreme leader and president, the pair are now responsible for casting hundreds - possibly thousands - of protesters into Evin prison for precisely the reasons they themselves were held three decades ago.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

if the older women in Iran saw the stuff that is on the internet (the young girl shot to death) they would lay down the law fast.
--
I am seriously starting to question who some of the riot police are.

OP by Sonya610

Any mother would fight tooth and claw to prevent this.Quite naturally.And the perpetrators would deseve every second of agony for what they have done.

The regime is hopefully in its dying breaths.But that makes it more dangerous than ever.
They have already resorted to murdering unarmed civilians,the gloves are off so to speak.
And who are the riot police you asked?
They are those willing to murder their brothers and sisters in cold blood for a paycheck.Cowards.Sickos.Criminals.
The best of the police have I hope joined with the protesters by now.
All the others do not deserve to have the honour of calling themselves real police-for real police Protect their countrymen,they do not kill them.

[edit on 21/6/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I agree.

If this revolution is to be successful they need the young members of the police and military to stand with the protesters.

I would just love to see the govt buildings in Tehran surrounded by tanks and the huge mass of people with green flags waving!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Interesting article from CNN about the unexplained anomalies in this election:

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
AHHH!

The plot thickens!

4 members of Iranian cleric's family are freed

Reporting from Cairo and Tehran -- Iran's state-owned Press TV said four of the five family members of former President Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani have been released after being detained Saturday night, though his eldest daughter, Faezeh, was not among those freed.

Rafsanjani -- a senior cleric and an architect of the 1979 Islamic Revolution -- is a key backer of opposition leader Mir-Hossein Mousavi. Faezeh Hashemi was picked up Saturday after addressing a group of demonstrators protesting the disputed results of the June 12 presidential election.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Mousavi Accuses Obama of 'Misleading the World' Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:38 PM

www.freerepublic.com...

Author and foreign policy expert Michael Ledeen has published a letter reportedly from the office of Mir Hossein Mousavi, in which the Iranian opposition leader criticizes President Barack Obama for saying Mousavi and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadenijad are "two of a kind."

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
Interesting article from CNN about the unexplained anomalies in this election:

www.cnn.com...

I hope this British "think tank" is not the same one who proclaimed, a few days ago, that Britain is now out of recession

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Not to sure what is going on in this video but it seems like an arrest. Props to the filmer.

After one person is led away a gunshot is heard, why who knows. But one thought crossed my mind execution, I could be wrong. Soz if this has been posted.

Edited video link.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This video shows a group of protestors saving one man from being arrested. After he escapes the police try to get him back but are rushed by a massive crowd. It seems that the people are winning.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well after a day of semi-calm it seems to be heating up again.

Protesters Return to Tehran Streets

By Thomas Erdbrink
Washington Post Foreign Service
Monday, June 22, 2009; 10:58 AM

TEHRAN, June 22 -- Demonstrators returned to a public square in Iran's capital Monday to protest alleged fraud in the recent presidential election and were met with beatings and tear gas from security forces, eyewitnesses said. Meanwhile, the group charged with certifying the election said discrepancies between the number of votes and eligible voters in some districts did not constitute proof of ballot-tampering.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

if the older women in Iran saw the stuff that is on the internet (the young girl shot to death) they would lay down the law fast.
--
I am seriously starting to question who some of the riot police are.

OP by Sonya610

Any mother would fight tooth and claw to prevent this.Quite naturally.And the perpetrators would deseve every second of agony for what they have done.

The regime is hopefully in its dying breaths.But that makes it more dangerous than ever.
They have already resorted to murdering unarmed civilians,the gloves are off so to speak.
And who are the riot police you asked?
They are those willing to murder their brothers and sisters in cold blood for a paycheck.Cowards.Sickos.Criminals.
The best of the police have I hope joined with the protesters by now.
All the others do not deserve to have the honour of calling themselves real police-for real police Protect their countrymen,they do not kill them.
[edit on 21/6/2009 by Silcone Synapse]

That's not really correct. Many Iranian mothers are of the old school and are totally against western culture invading their way of life. It is mainly the young people revolting there. Iranian mothers still sit by while their daughters are beaten, to death sometimes, for disgracing the family.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Stop spreading disinformation about Iranian mothers!

Some brainwashed uneducated fanatic mothers in a very few tribal & rural areas could possibly go against their own daughters if they drag shame and disgrace to the family!

But all Iranian mothers, even if they are muslims love their children and would defend them to their own death!

Iran has 71 millions citizens! more then half of them are women!

Of that 71 million, more than 65% are under 35 years old youth!

Of that 71 million, more than 60% year 2009 - are living in cities.

The people of Iranian cities are mostly very well educated.

The old fashion rural hardcore tribes are less than ~15% of the iranian population!

The rural population of Iran in the year 2009 is 35%-38% of the total population

You do the math!

Iran has one of the highest urban growth rates in the world.

So more & more brainwashed uneducated fanatics are moving into the bigger cities every year, spreading ignorance and are joining the Baji Miltia/Moral police and other fanatic organisations!

That is a problem, yes!

But please don't say that most Iranian mothers are old school and would sit by and let their loved children be clubbed to death, because that is simply not true!

Many of them also remember how it was to be free before 1979 - and most Iranian women really hate the awful established religious dress code!

Since June 2008 the male fanatics were planning a new Law, allowing them to take a second wife! - Most Iranian women are seriously digusted by that! even the most fanatic and uneducated ones!

That's why almost all women of Iran don't want that to happen, and they voted against such development this election! - even many of the fanatic womens!

They don't want to share their husbands with other women, of course!

And all the scorned Iranian women are now raising hell against such further developments!

There is now a movie in the Los Angeles film festival, showing a women get buried with half her body above ground, and then she get stoned to death by members of a such tribal area!

That it's NOT a representative picture of the modern Iran and most Iranian mothers!

Very few would do such a thing in the year 2009.

Now they (mostly fanatic uneducated men over 40 years) are just clubbing them to death in the urban streets instead!

And BTW! it's not only young people in the streets of Iran right now! - it's half of the Iranian population of all ages and both gender - The Opposition!

But since the youth stand for almost 70% of the Iranian population, of course they end up on most photos and videos!

But it's not just kidz playing around as you think!

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't know if the leaked document showing Mousavi won the election by 58% with Mr A coming in third is factual.

What is certain is Iran is significantly weakened and divided suddenly. Maybe, in the end, a good thing. Focus needs to be put on getting the house in order domestically and economically. Iran's ambitious theocracy has created only strife and internal dissent.

Hopefully a more responsive government will emerge and the country gets back on course.

Mike

[edit on 22-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
HOLY CRAP the situation in Iran is getting worse... WARNING THIS VIDEO IS VERY GRAPHIC.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
WOW...

I just have to say one thing that bothered me about all the filming.

I noticed that the camera's were always pointed down.

We listened to many loud noises, gun shots?...

I, personally, would like to have seen what was making all the noise and who was doing the shooting/beating?

It puts the video in a bit of doubt, but still..............

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Iranians need to revolt, their government is messed up and corrupt. My only fear though, is whats really going on. This whole situation there seams like it was engineered to me, to rig the election, to cause mass turmoil, to give us an excuse to go there.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Certainly, if there was a "leadership" change in Iran, it would radically change the dynamic of the M.E.

Durning a revolution, it would make an uncertain region a much more "dynamic" area.

After, if moderates win, a we don't want to mess with anyone, can't we now all just get along.

Imagine the change that would make for the region.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There are a lot of new videos surfacing showing the violence is starting to get out of hand. I know the internet community is helping take down a website that is identifying protesters so they can be arrested. We need to do all we can on our side to try prevent more students from being killed.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join