It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial Lights That Mimic Stars, Helicopters and Airplanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

June 9, 2009 Nashville, Tennessee - Thirty-six years ago in late February through March 1973, residents in Piedmont, Missouri, were captivated by moving, flashing, jumping, zigzagging lights in the sky. Piedmont is 63 miles west of Cape Girardeau, where the U. S. government allegedly retrieved a crashed UFO in 1941. Piedmont residents reported TV static and stalled cars on highways after unidentified aerial lights flew over. One man reported that he lost his TV signal at the same time his home lights dimmed and his house shook. He went outside and saw an egg-shaped object hovering in the air nearby, emitting a high-pitched sound. His dogs ran away to hide. Other Piedmont residents reported seeing lights in the night sky that made erratic turns, flashed lights like airliners, but blinked out when real airliners approached. There were even reports of people seeing discs on the ground in fields and glowing objects moving underwater in nearby Clearwater Lake. Local TV called all of it, “the Piedmont UFO.” Prof. Harley D. Rutledge, Ph.D., who was Chairman of the Physics Department at Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, decided to investigate. Prof. Rutledge organized a team of observers with Questar telescopes, sophisticated frequency monitoring equipment and cameras. He called his research effort “Project Identification” and later produced a 1981 book about his question: What were the lights in the sky that seemed to mimic stars, helicopters and airplanes? Prof. Rutledge named part of the phenomenon “pseudostars.” Pseudostars, he said, were lights pretending to be stars camouflaged by familiar constellations of real stars. But pseudostars moved, and Project Identification caught their stealthy motion in time lapse photographs. Some glowing objects resembled normal aircraft flashing lights. While other strange, mysterious lights seemed to violate known laws of Earth physics as if flaunting their extraordinary flight abilities. But what baffled Prof. Rutledge most were lights in the sky that repeatedly seemed to react to the Project Identification people observing the lights. Now in 2009, about 150 miles southeast of Piedmont in Nashville, Tennessee, on the western edge of town, more lights have appeared since October 2008, that also seem to mimic stars, helicopters and airplanes. Retired engineering designer and professional artist, Gary Mansfield, began noticing odd light behavior in October, while looking at the sky from the deck of his Bellevue suburban home on the western edge of Nashville. Since then, over the past eight months, Gary says he has seen at least fifty aerial objects that baffle him and his fiance, Kim, who has been a second eyewitness on many of the light events - including February 16, 2009, at 9:40 p.m. Central, a straight line of vivid lights suddenly appeared in the sky without motion.
www.earthfiles.com...
Interesting article, any of you seen these lights?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm so happy someone finally posted this!
Ahh! wow, ok over excited but thanks OP I didn't want to start my own thread about it because I'm just not good at that stuff
But YES i've seen something similiar to this
finally something I've experienced for once.

Ok here's my experience with objects of this nature -

Every so often I will look out my up stairs window and look at the sky to see if it's cloudy or what it's doing out side, and maybe about three times now I have seen this large bright object blinking but really honestly looks like a star, then will come an object that looks like a plane and the plane goes right (in front, above, behind?) this object and the object will latch? on to it and then go the path of the plane the first time it only went a short distance the 2nd time it went out of view?

I read in the article that the guy shines a laser on these objects and it will respond I am going to try this as the star object is there every night but looks like a start nothing un usual about it when it's by it's self so I am going to try this when we finally get clear skies.

Does anyone know what this is, this article talks about it and I was shocked when read it the other day when linked to it by coast to coast's site, does anyone knows what this phenomenon really is?
Are there any kind of military planes that can connect or hitch onto each other??
Could they be some type of satellite's that are at first on a seperate path then connect?
I probably sound really stupid and ignorant, sorry.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by joe82

I live in St. Louis, Mo. And we see strange lights all of the time! I never report anything I've seen, because I find it pointless to do so for obvious reasons.

Here, you can see lights shoot down in irratic, concentrated patterns. Almost like small bolts of lightening, just not the same characteristics as lightening. There have been many sightings of these kind of lights in various parts of Missouri. People I know have seen this, as well as I. These lights in your article are always in the sky even in STL. I've also witnessed white balls of light at night, that seemed to shoot across the sky as if there were some stellar war going on or something, only well within our atmosphere, and large enough to see. Pretty fascinating stuff.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I posted this a couple days ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Posted on wrong one.. getting old not sure how to delete

new topics

top topics

join