It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rejects victory claim by Iran's Ahmadinejad

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

US rejects victory claim by Iran's Ahmadinejad

hosted.ap.org

NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario (AP) -- The U.S. on Saturday refused to accept hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's claim of a landslide re-election victory in Iran and said it was looking into allegations of election fraud.

Any hopes by the Obama administration of gaining a result similar to Lebanon's recent election, won by a Western-backed moderate coalition, appeared to be in jeopardy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh my god if this isn't proof we fixed the election I don't know what is. We are flat out stating that we know the election results. This could turn into the proof of election tampering some of us on here thougt the US might do.

I am some what stunned. I kind of half way thought we might mess with the election but this seems to be solid proof of it.

What right do we have to be investigating their election results anyways.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-6-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
As much as the Iranian 'elections' are anything but what the Iranian people want... would it not be fair to suggest certain other countries also rig their elected representatives?

pot meet kettle

wZn

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Let the pics and vids do the talking.

http://(link tracking not allowed)/18V6Bp

Iran is ripening to getting out from under the hard liners, the Iranian people in general, don't hate us. Just the nutters that are in power right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Our administration is officially living in fantasy land. What are they going to do? Go to war with Iran? Oh yea, that will make everything better.

The Ayatollah runs things in that country, the vote was simply to make the people feel like they get to vote for "change".

What is that line that gets touted all the time, something about, "If voting actually changed anything then it would be illegal." or something like that.

I know Obama really wanted the other guy to win because Ahmadinejad isn't going to go along with Obama.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife
The opposition actually campaigned on a platform of 'hope and change' too!
with the "V" sign for Victory and all that too, rofl.

It seems like Iranians will be punished for their decision. There is talk of another 4 years of isolating/punishing Iran.

You just don't mess with the NWO, as the Iranians will probably find out soon enough, but it remains to be seen if the punishment will be more tough/scary talk or outright violent revenge for disobeying the NWO/OWO.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh,well. Some people are still whining about the U.S.'s 2000 election results, and some people are whining about the U.S.'s 2008 election results. The whining continues. And now Washington whines, too.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

That's rich!

Who knows, NK is acting up and now things in Iran didn't go the way the administration wanted them to go.

We can't fight 4 wars by ourselves. Obama is just going to have to toughen up and learn how to play hardball.

We're screwed. They are acting like whinny little kids. Iran is the reason Reagan got elected. If Carter would have backed the Shah it would be a much different situation right now. My oh my how history repeats itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I don't understand how simply saying that it's believed that there was election fraud equated to the US rigging the election. I believe this is something being read into this.

It was reported for a week or so that the eleciton was close and that Ahmadinejad's opponent would win. The opposite occured and it wasn't close at all. Something smells funny.

Besides, if the US was fixing the election, I'm certain they'd want Ahmadinejad to win. That way, there is still an "enemy".

In the end, we could fix the election seven different ways, but the election is a sham. The Ayatollah has the final say.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

You just don't mess with the NWO, as the Iranians will probably find out soon enough, but it remains to be seen if the punishment will be more tough/scary talk or outright violent revenge for disobeying the NWO/OWO.

You don't have to be afraid of the NWO if enough people goes together against them - we the people! are many! - they are very few, and soon very scared!

The people in mass, have the power! - don't give them the power! take it away from them instead!

There are enough lamp-posts and trees for them all!

[edit on 13-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I guess people are rioting over there because we, the USA, messed with their elections?????

The Iranian people themselves are freedom yerning and their actions have spoken to this.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

You got that right, most of the Iranian people are just like you and me and everybody else, they don't want to live under the threat of war all the time.

Honestly I feel bad for the people that wanted "change". They probably wouldn't have gotten it either way, but still over there is a different world than it is over here.

They just want to be free and allowed to grow and prosper. Why is it all the whackjobs seems to always end up in positions of power.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Here's a link to an article. Please indulge me and take a look.

www.iranhumanrights.org...

The last revolution was stolen from the people, and now their elections are being held hostage.

[edit on 073030p://06America/Chicago13 by Tinman67]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't know about the US being involved. We aint responsible for everything that's wrong in the world. I do know the Iranians don't believe the results.

The Riots in the streets are proof of that.

Good for them.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

I don't think withholding acknowledgment of the election results is going to change anything.

The Ayatollah calls the shots and he wants Ahmandinejad to win, probably because he was making headway with Russia and China politically. There is no doubt that the election was rigged, but there isn't anything anybody can do.

There is no doubt in my mind that if they get a nuclear weapon they will nuke Israel after this election. Ahmadinejad and the Ayatollah are religious nutjobs.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I don't understand how simply saying that it's believed that there was election fraud equated to the US rigging the election. I believe this is something being read into this.

It was reported for a week or so that the eleciton was close and that Ahmadinejad's opponent would win. The opposite occured and it wasn't close at all. Something smells funny.

Besides, if the US was fixing the election, I'm certain they'd want Ahmadinejad to win. That way, there is still an "enemy".

In the end, we could fix the election seven different ways, but the election is a sham. The Ayatollah has the final say.

Exactly! Combine that with the fact that now they have riots breaking out in Iran over the election results, that should make you go hmmmm..

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hey how about we step back in reality here?

I don't believe Iran is connected with the NWO. If anything I think they're in opposition to it and being used as pawns by the global elite.

Anyhow, let's look at it from a rational point of view.

The fact is that there has been report of voting fraud from their media. Their state media declared Ahmejenidad the winner. But many people disagree. They say they want to see the votes counted here.

Sometimes it's not good to look at everything from a conspiracy angel.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yeah, sure, the American Government and media is acting as if Americans really give a damn about the Iranian election results. Give me a freakin' break! Most Americans can't even name their own representatives. Americans are absolutely powerless to change their own pathetic predicament. Why would they worry about what happens half way around the world...in a country they couldn't even locate on a map if their life depended on it?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

The news is just setting up Obama for his next failure is all it is. The other guy getting elected was a big part of Obama's foreign policy stance, and well that just went out the window.

So they are going to print this story then if something happens with it the media will throw around Obama saved the day and this is that and other BS.

We are completely powerless to do anything, the Iranian people have to solve their own problems.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Again the election fraud allegations. Is there any proof to this, at all? Just because US doesn't like who won doesn't prove anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join