It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity in it's current form cannot be allowed to pervert the cosmos.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
To anyone who would rather not be depressed i urge you to leave this topic now, for anyone intrigued please continue.

This morning i woke up after a rather depressing day , as many of you know there were a few stabbings in my town last night that have slightly shaken me. All night i was thinking about humanity as a species, weighing the good points against the bad points.

Now in all honesty as a people we are so SO capeable of many wonderfull and amazing things. A man/lady can build a magnificent sculpture whilst another person can create a marvelous tapestry. And then come the images of destruction, the sound of machine guns tearing through flesh and the horryfying image of a nuclear bomb incinerating a ridiculous number of innocent lifes.

These rather dreadfull realisations were followed with the tinyst insect landing on my bed, usually i feel creeped out by bugs (silly i know). At that moment i looked down at this small creature and realised i envied it. An insect does not see the world in any complex way , it lives for its few purposes and it completes its tasks guilt free. As humans we can behave like animals when suppodly our intelect gives us the ability to transend the laws of the jungle.

In some very small ways i see humanity as a plauge, we're techilogically advances at a stage in our evolution were we should be more concerned with growing in our interest in morality rather than the wonders of space and the cosmos beyond this tiny little world.

One day it will be our right to explore and seek out new civilisations to make friends with them and exchange knowlege. But at this point in time we're living in a decadent society with the world fractured into nations who not only fight eacother but fight themselfs withing.

If we are allowed to venture out into space before we get a grip of our violant and intollerant ways what will we become? The independance day aliens spring to mind, will humanity be a plauge chocking smaller civilisations of there ressources one by one?

I pitty men like Barack Obama, how daunting must it feel to hold in your hands the power to end civilisation when all around us its begging to be diciplined.

I dream of a day when humanity is a peacefull loving species ( my guess would be now only 50% of the people are like this currently) but at the moment its hard to deny what we have become, we're the bullies of earth and if we're not carefull we may be our own undoing.

P.S
I would like to ask you to not only excuse the spellings and grammatical errors ( my dislexia) but also not be offended by my slightly depressing tone tonight

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Humanity is not evil, that's not what I think. I think we have a focus on bad than we do good in our society. When a good deed is done, it goes unnoticed but when something terrible happens then it gets worldwide attention. Everything in the universe has an opposing force, humanity (IMO) focuses on the opposing side which gives you the idea that murder, thievery, etc is our nature.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We come from the cosmos...how would we "pervert" them?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by physicalbeing

By spreading our evil and greedy ways and corrupting other beings into succumbing to out egotistical beliefs.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Forget the bible here. I am no Christian, but man here is fallen. This world in it's present form is owned by Evil.

There are many speculations in this arena. "Man" always has to make himself more important than really is. Why? I think it is the same reason man here fell. Just my opinion, but I think the battle is over saving the Earth; not man who made a decision for evil long ago.

I think there is a battle between good, and evil in this space, and dimension. There is speculation that the moon is in fact somekind of artificial mechanism to lock evil down on this Earth. Lock it down until say 2012ish. When higher frequency, and vibrations of love kick in.

We, or 'man' is what is quarantined; along with the Evil.

I read some of what you wrote last night. I am 'sensing' you are young. Just wait until your a little older, and 'see' more. I don't think we've got that much longer until a new area is ushered in; so perhaps you won't have too. Perhaps the Earth will even be moved into another space, and dimension. It would still be here, but this goes into quantum physics.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I full heartedly agree with that we humans in general need to develop. To what level? It's is a relative one and quite undefineable. Since the universe is an emergent one we just need to stay on the path of advancement and most certainly not on the current stagnant one - the status quo.

We keep building, developing and inventing, and so much money is put towards weaponry and other unimportant areas, but we forget to develop ourselves. "With great power comes great responsibility", yes I know it's quite old but it's damn spot on. We have too much power to balance out with our current mindset and morality.

I'm quite convinced aliens exist and I can see why they would refrain from interacting with us on a major scale. Would you hand anything with power to a murdering psycopath? Of course the human race as a whole isn't ready to leave this place yet, the probability we'd mess things up outside here is huge.

Material development is good and we benefit from it mostly, but what we need the most is an emergent mindset to cope with our new science.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

LOL I'm pretty sure other beings won't have the ego problem that humanity has. Maybe they will, but IMO, I don't think so. You have to understand, the people who would be "perverting" the cosmos of our "evil," aren't those with extreme power or hatred. These are people who are, quite possibly, BEYOND the false ego, and know there is more to the Universe than what we know on Earth..that's why they want to explore.

[edit on 13-6-2009 by physicalbeing]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about this. When it's all said and done humanity is as much a part of nature as everything else that exists in the universe. Therefore by definition anything and everything we do, create, imagine, or effect is also a natural process. The only real danger that I think we pose to the cosmos lies in the realm of infectuous disease and that concept gets counterbalanced by the fact that we are just as likely to infect as we are to be infected.

In short what I am saying is that if there is intelligent life elsewhere in the universe I am relatively sure that they've got their own version of the Springer show because they'll undoubtedly share a dualistic nature just as we do. I don't think we'll be that much of a bad influence.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Humanity is still fairly young and because of our know it all type attittude when it come to science, humanity is also extremely arrogant.
That's why God put us way out here alone on this side of the universe, away from his other inter galactic children, until we finally decide to gtrow up and realize science does not provide all the answers.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Duality's a bitch.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

-Douglas Adams.

I sincerely doubt we are the worst the Universe has to offer.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I understand your depression. Well, welcome to the world of being awake!

You witnessed a terrible incident. It's not like the first time this sh*t has happened. Yeah, it was a personal experience for you. Just think, humans have been subjected to this since forever.

Do what you can to educate people and wake people up.

But don't think it is the end of the world. Or, maybe think it is it the end of the world and a better world will come from all this. Whatever floats your boat.

I have a cat. She is a great mouser. She also rids my yard of moles Damn, I wish she would also eat those pesky ants that have invaded my kitchen this year.

She doesn't eat the mice or moles. But she did kill a pesky robin and brought it into my art studio and ate it whole, throughout the day.

We are all animals. My cat kills just to kill and doesn't eat all her kills. It's a waste, right? I dunno. One less mole to chew up my carrots. lol.

You just can't give up because people act like animals. That is, after all, just what we all are.

What do you want to do? Kill the evil people who killed? Yeah, in the instant it happened, you protect yourself.

Educate. Express spirituality to others. Be "good", And hope it rubs off on others.

Other than that, look inside to find something, like I and many others have found, a belief that all will be well eventually.

Yep, humans suck. I give you that. But don't give up on us all and certainly, dont give up on yourself.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
You have to remember there are two kinds of possible aliens we could encounter here.

The first is the benevolent peaceful ones that would want to share knowledge and help humanity out in the long run.

The second is the chance of one coming here purely for resources, not caring about the sentient creatures already populating this rock.

Now if the first truly exists... it would make sense that in the vast reaches of space the second would exist as well.

I would not call our civilization any worse than the second variety.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Oh I feel your deception my friend!
You’re post strangely reminds of a little poem/song I’ve wrote five years ago.

Primeval

Are you human or just a beast? What predominates instinctively?
You’ve been one virulent species; one lucky animal so far.
What have you destroyed just to get this far?
Starting to believe you’re invincible with all your self imposition.
It’s all relative; another predator will hunt you down.
Hear yet the groans of your stranded peers in the wilderness
Your senseless violence only makes you more worthless.
All this evolution and still shackled to the wheel of obliteration
Your trial on sophistication remains so trivial.

You’re so primeval, at your most visceral.
What will come of you?
Once your surroundings no longer welcome your retrieval?
Once time ceases to favor you survival?

Can you fathom your own actions, you being so mindful?
As deep as goes your intuition, you’re not even purposeful.
Probably think you’re so peculiar among the stars.
Yet, have you found out what you are?
Do you even know what you were meant for?
Have you been a gift or a plague to your own world?
Have you even been or not while you’re story’s getting old?
Have you found what makes your presence worthwhile?

You’re so primeval, at your most vital.
What will come of you?
Once your surroundings no longer welcome your retrieval?
Once time ceases to favor your survival?

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
wanna instantly feel better about all those woes?

go help a random stranger, it doesn't have to be much, help a old woman take her grocery's to the car, or something bigger, its up to you.

after you try it, you will feel way less depressed, just knowing you made the world a better place, for one person, who did nothing for you.

you feel humanity's potential, but the feeling isn't lasting, so make sure you help people as often as possible.

it will change your life.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
How is man gonna pervert the cosmo's ??? they cant even get out of their own solar system. .... aye, .. aye comrade !! ... anyhoo

Man has a long time to mature before he gets the opportunity to go anywheeerrreee, so ya know what ? ... i wouldnt worry about it.

It's not like some crystal meth addicts are working on an interstellar spacecraft in their backyard now.

Why address an issue before it even arises ??

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa
By spreading our evil and greedy ways and corrupting other beings into succumbing to out egotistical beliefs.

What are our "egotistical beliefs"? Not sure I agree with this at all.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If you don't believe in egotistical beliefs perhaps you should turn on CNN and watch North Korea and Kim Jung Il. You know; "The Leader" Humans like that are what create such an abundance of needless violence and isolation. Humans are a plague in the garnd scheme of things. The only thing we as individuals can do is to always make yourself a better person. We are all going to be learning how to achieve this till the day we die. The trick is to employ those beliefs and lessons to everyday life. Nobody but God is perfect, but we certainly can try to better ourselves and try to live harmoniously. Personally I think a harmonious Earth is like The Easter Bunny since humans are violent in nature. I don't think we are evolved past our primate violence yet. Our spiritual awakening is going to take a very long time. That is unless the Nuburi aliens and the pig flu dont kill us first haha

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't
get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: The OP states that "Humanity in it's current form cannot be allowed to pervert the cosmos."....and this leads me to wonder what form the OP would allow humanity to have so as to go forth and pervert the cosmos?

Personal Disclosure: I hope changing form doesn't require any radical amputation of limbs, amature trepaning or autolobotomization with power tools! What ever form the OP generously allows us to take, I just can't wait to get out their and start perverting it up hard core.

P.S. I personally don't understand why this thread seems to have devolved into taking a moral high ground stance against humanity instead of exploring what forms humanity can morph into so that perverting existence to the bone can be carried out without fear of ridicule from within our own species.
The perversion of existence by humanity isn't bad....just our form!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ah, there are so many things we don't understand (or remember).

The "higher dimension" beings of technology have already prevented mankind from exiting this solar system (based on channelings and "disclosure" of certain things like the TR3B black projects "UFOs", mars bases, etc.).

This is why the whole idea of the people "Ascension" in 2012+ and the Earth Ascension later is such a perfect idea/vehicle to end the cycle.

Basically, those that can raise their "good" vibration levels Ascend to a level where duality, government control and dis-ease don't exist, do so.

Those that are close, are given an environment where they can "quickly" work on achieving those levels/tests needed for Ascension.

Those that do not/will not accept the higher vibrations get "relocated" [reincarnated] on other planets that are less advanced than Earth is right now, and the same "density" and keep plugging along until they "see" the light.

Whether you believe any of this or not, one thing you can believe, is that every "normal" human on this planet is going to die at some point. Whether it is done one-at-a-time or enmasse, you will still be "dead" in relation to this current life on Earth. I would hope to "die" by Ascension, rather than die to nothing or to reincarnate back on a planet as NWO'd as Earth is right now.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i agre that humanity should change before ventureing beyond our own solar system but think the proplem with people in the world that they devide everything into good and evil.
nothing is inherently good or evil, (evil people don't wake up and think 'how evil can i be today)
rather good and evil are more tools/methods of achiving goals and the reaction that comes from them.

an example:
if you were in a time before world war 2 with a chance to kill hitler would you?
if you were totaly good you would say no killing is wrong and allow him to live causing an evil. if you did kill him it would be a small evil for a greater good, yes?

well what if you also new that if killing hitler allowed someone five time worse to take his place! would you do it then and allow a greater good become an imense evil? or would you let world sufer the lesser evil?

everything requires balance between good and evil as they are both two sides of the same coin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join