It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations! Obama is going to raise our taxes!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I hope it's in euros or pounds.
Over here we either get dollars or IOU's.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

How about paying $30,000 a month for 60 pills as my father does for one prescription?

You won't have to worry about that, with Obama's plan, as your father will be dead. That is if he relies on those "$30,000" pills. You think nationalized health care will pay for that?

At least now, your father has the RIGHT to life. That's all going to change, as the government will now (if this piece of crap bill passes) decide who is worthy of care.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I don't know. I blame the 1960's.

Rewarding failure is the way to go now. No one loses, everyone is a winner.

Hope and change. Just have to hope I have some change. That might be all I'll have left after Obama gets thru.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Actually Obama can easily keep that campaign promise to not tax those who make over $250K. I mean just think of the value all that "free" health care is worth. Got to figure that in and while we are at it think of how much more minimum wage will have to increase to stay on pace with the massive inflation from the printing presses at the Fed going at 200% capacity.

In America, even the homeless and unemployed should be worth $250K/year in no time.

Just remember that the Income Tax was only originally for those that made the ungodly (at the time) wage of over $5000/year. The common people said "Oh yeah, tax them rich people. I could never make more than $2000-$3000 if I worked two jobs."

Hurry now and don't miss the great Egress. --P.T. Barnum

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by milesp

I just signed on with a literary agent today! Yipee for me. I guess I'm going to have to limit any advances, or sales on my book to under 250K a year.

I wouldn't want to become one of those FILTHY RICH people that make. . .

Oh, wait a minute...Obama's plan calls for 250K (rich people) if you're married.

It's 200K if you're single.

I suppose my wife could quit her job, go on unemployment. . .

And remember, it's 250K for assets, not money in the bank. So if you own a hotdog stand and the property it sits on is 250K or more, then you are now known as one of those filthy rich, evil, satanic, greedy people that can't have any of the money that you've worked hard all your life for. . . .

-pathetic-

That's not true about the assets. At least not when I researched it. Did something change? Do you have any credible sources for this?

This was straight from Obama's website at one time:

Do Small Businesses pay taxes on their gross revenues or their net income?
As a small business owner who claims small business income on your individual tax return (whether through a sole proprietorship, partnership, or S-corp) you pay individual income taxes only on your net income — or profit — and not on your firm’s gross revenue. Accordingly, when Obama says that he would roll back the Bush tax cuts for all couples earning more than $250,000 a year, these income figures include only net income that a small business owner takes home. Because net income is usually far lower than gross revenue, even if your revenue is above $250,000 you are still likely to get a tax cut under Obama’s tax plan. If you are a small business owner using the tax calculator, you should select your income level based on the net income you claim — your revenues minus your costs — to see how you would fare under each candidate.

And this is straight from Joe the Plumber's video:

if your revenue is above two-fifty, then from two-fifty down your tax is going to stay the same. It is true that for say two-fifty up ... for that additional amount you go from 36-39% which is what it was under Bill Clinton.

I believe there might be a discrepancy between those two quotes, but neither one of them says anything about your assets.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It means that you probably will have to shed employees (causing more unemployment) in order to be even in your profits.

People doesn't get it, this means less jobs available so businesses can pay for the extra cost of mandatory health care or just go bankrupt.

Or do like big busineses do, go oversea and find cheaper labor.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

But he is !!!!!!! he is the Robin hood of the poor, stealing from the private job creators to keep the free loaders healthy
so they can breed more free loaders.

Remember even the working class is losing their jobs and is not job creation anywhere but from the private sector and the government services.

But rest assure that when the private sector find themselves against the wall they will move out of the nations as find better source of labor somewhere else.

So what Obama will do next, well his plan is to make the government the biggest employer of the nation that means you will be very soon on Mandatory Military service as that is right now where most of the employment comes from.

After all somebody has to help pay for the "health care".

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

He would not be able to do that for too long as the unemployment rates are raising every day.

This means he needs to find ways to tax the working class in order to benefit those that are now unemployed and the poor, but lest no forget those illegal immigrant American born children in the millions as unemployment is hitting them very hard and it doesn't get into the national statistics.

What a disaster in the making.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I always knew this since the campaign days that this man was a taxer. He is a liberal democrat and the saying goes "a zebra doesn't change it's stripes." I mean you folks act like this is a surprise! However, I think his grandiose schemes like now are an act of lunacy on his part.

Shame on him for trying to implement this when the country is near bankruptcy or already there. Plus the American people are being squeezed right now because of this limp economy we are currently experiencing. Yet he wants to spend more money on this universal health care scheme. He is trying to put on the face of the concerned father figure to all of us his children but I think what he is doing is callous and unsympathetic. Now is not the time for tax and spend politics. You have already had enough fun with are hard earned money. When does the insanity stop because the American are sick and tired of covering these drunks' bar tab.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

You are right while the federal government in his magnanimous tax brake give away is making the poor and needy all very cozy and SAFE, they have not clue as how much the state taxes are now raping the hard working class.

Anybody that had a brain and pay taxes knows that local taxes are in raise and that we are now squeezed more at local level than that federal level.

[edit on 14-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Very good points Marg and starred your posts. This man is going to hurt the people he claims he is trying to help. It is lunacy, what is the federal government thinking? All they want to do is keep spending more money with no end in sight. They are digging the hole deeper and deeper. I don't see us ever being able to pay our way of this nightmare they have brought upon us. I would like to tell everyone in government to hold off on the grandiose projects and stop spending so much damn money! They spend money like drunken sailors. You would figure they would be a little more reluctant to tax since they pay taxes like us? Or maybe they will pass a bill in the middle of night excluding themselves from paying taxes like the rest of us serfs? I wouldn't run it past them crazier things have happened before.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
These tax and spend plans are doomed to fail, it will only add to the economic decline.

IF the Obama administration had really wanted to spur economic recovery early on cutting taxes on business would have helped, stimulating the private sector not the banks and financial institutions would have sealed the deal.

You are witnessing a government that is planning on borrowing and spending like crazy at a time when their income (revenue) is declining.

They can raise taxes all they want, and they will simply make things worse. You can't tax the rising number of people dependant on government assistance, you can't raise taxes on closed businesses that are growing in numbers everyday... You certainly can't keep printing money without severe consequences at some point.

Congress had better wake up, there is much more at stake here than their political futures.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But he is !!!!!!! he is the Robin hood of the poor, stealing from the private job creators to keep the free loaders healthy
so they can breed more free loaders.

There should be a law against politicians running for office that bribe voters with kickbacks and bribes paid for out of the national treasury and by others. "Vote for me, and I will promise you free lollipops!" Disgusting, both politician and voters that would stoop so low.

Remember this:
"And so my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."

What happened to those days? It's probably why JFK was whacked, his message ran contrary with those that had plans to enslave all the sheople and turn them into a bunch of inept dependent crybabies with their hands held out.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Are Americans serious on this thread? You want all this stuff provided to you yet you don't want to pay for it. Nationalized health care works! It's not perfect here in Canada yet I don't have to worry about going bankrupt if I get seriously ill. We pay higher taxes than you, yet we are healthier, live longer and have a better quality of life.

It's time to be realistic. You've had artificially low tax rates so politicians could keep their jobs. Nobody had the balls to say "If you want all this stuff you're going to have to pay for it". The credit card has been used for far too long and now the choice is inevitable. HIGHER TAXES or cuts to programs. You as a populace are going to have to make a choice. The USA's credit cards are MAXED and PAY-DAY loans are all that's left.

Good luck!

Deez

Welcome to the real world!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What people needs to understand is that Federal government keeps growing, under Obama in just few months he has made it bigger no smaller, creating offices and appointing Czars.

While cutting on state funding forcing the sates to raise taxes, so as we see is not fiscal accountability at all, but a lot of irresponsibility.

While I believe that our nation needs a health care reform the way that is been proposed is nothing but a score for the health insurance companies that are lobbying day and night to keep their profits at the expenses of government mandatory insurance.

For some reason anything that our political leaders propose and plan for us lately is nothing but bound to fail, either is too many conflicting lobbying groups pulling for each others side or we actually have morons in government

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join