It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama won't rule out freeing Gitmo detainees in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Obama won't rule out freeing Gitmo detainees in US

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GUANTANAMO_DETAINEES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-06-12-18-26-47]hosted.ap.org[/url ]

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Despite fierce opposition in Congress, the White House insisted Friday it has not ruled out releasing Guantanamo Bay detainees in the United States. But with narrowing options, the administration has begun shipping newly cleared inmates abroad to regain momentum in its effort to close the Cuba-based prison camp.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said the administration has not abandoned the possibility of releasing detainees in the U.S......
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Oh come on. This administration is chocked full of idiots. Who in their right mind would let people who are as disgruntled at america as these people are. They are dangerous and a national security threat.

Every one should be speaking out against this travesty. There is no good reason to do this to the American people.

Maybe they are doing this for the ability to make another false flag operation. How hard would it be to detonate a nuke and say it was these guys and they got it from North Korea?

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GUANTANAMO_DETAINEES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-06-12-18-26-47]hosted.ap.org[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wow.

Even I am not that radical. I am for releasing them to individual prisons... but freeing these people? That's a bit much even for me. I would only free the people who don't belong to be there. The people that are not free of any wrong doing should go to prison.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
They should free them. They are probably crazier than bats out of Hell now, but that is likely our fault. One of them was only 14 when they took him? Would you keep him locked up forever too not because he might be guilty but because you think they are crazy now?

We have created tens of thousands of terrorists in the last 7 years, let these guys go free. In the big scheme of things they aren't going to make any difference.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is dangerous!

I'm sure no one will be keeping tabs on them at all!

Come on...do you really think these people won't be watched with intense scrutiny?

This is the USA after all....Patriot act for everyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
My guess is, if they get released on US Soil it won't be two weeks before somebody kills them.

The most * up thing about this is that nobody would be allowed through customs if they had these peoples records. Obama is once again breaking the law.

It's time for an impeachment movement.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
this has got to be a joke..lets take all the terrorists out of the middle east and release them on usa soil ?.. you have to be some sort off king of the idiots not to see what these people will do...

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If you read the rest of the article, it goes on to say that the only people with a chance of being released into the US are members of a chinese seperatist group called the Uighurs. I really don't know a whole lot about them except that they've been cleared of any wrongdoing since the Bush administration and that they can't be released back to China since they will face persecution.

US allies have balked at accepting the men since they don't want to anger the Chinese government.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Uighurs are completely innocent. Our own government has admitted this. Why not release them in the US? They can't go home.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Because the Republican Guard has decided that this is a good issue to push on the American people. It's the same old game of trying to make Democrats look weak on national security.

The good news is that the American people are slowly but surely turning their backs on the guilty before innocent mentality that was the main theme of the Bush administration.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

so , none of them have been charged with anything , no evidence has ever been presented regarding them at anytime , and under international law they have been illegally interned.

but you think

I would only free the people who don't belong to be there

none of them , including the 9 children teh USA abducted and abused belong there.

reply to post by fatdad

lets take all the terrorists out of the middle east and release them on usa soil

internment is illegal - these men and children have not been charged with anything , no evidnce exists - they are not terrorists , and the reich has tortured them.

[edit on 13/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with them being freed. Have they even been charged with anything? I think most of them deserve some serious compensation for what they've been through. If they can be charged with terrorist activites then by all means send them to another prison, but not the innocent victims of US government torture.

But if they had a choice would they even want to live in the US after what they've been through? I don't think I would and it seems the US citizens don't want them either. I say send them away somewhere nice. Everyone wins.

new topics

top topics

join