It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did anyone in Phoenix, AZ see the bright light tonight?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

hmm seems to me more and more is happening the longer i live

Stay safe everyone

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by physicsgrad

Are you sure you're not a....... drum roll.........
Disinfo agent?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

After looking at the evidence I put forward, and researching it further, you still feel that the conclusions I put forward are incorrect, then there is nothing I can do about that. I honestly say, good luck with your investigations.

Skepticism is a necessary thing to finding fact, and we should all question the evidence before us to reach our own conclusions. Skepticism is necessary for science, so I have immense respect for it.

However, appealing to the ad hominem attack by effectively calling me a liar, and addressing nothing of the explanation I give, is...sloppy, and ineffective. If your goal is to prove to others the existence of extra-terrestrials, or even just expose some form of conspiracy to hide the truth, then rational questioning of proposed evidence is the only real route. Otherwise, you convince only those who wish only to prove conclusions already made. If that is your goal, mission accomplished.

But if you want honest questioning and debate of my argument, I welcome all comments. If I still can't convince you, then that's my fault for not defending my stance well enough.

I would like to note that I expressed no opinion towards contact from extra-terrestrials nor conspiracy theory to cover-up any of such, and attacked no one's character in my explanation for the 6/11/09 light over NM and AZ. I would appreciate the same respect afforded to me.

From now on, I will not comment further on any further questioning of my character in this fashion, but still welcome open discussion of my explanation.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by physicsgrad

Physicsgrad...I am really sorry about that.

I was trying to make a joke.

I have seen so many people offer correct explanations about things on ATS only to be called disinfo agents, I thought I would make an attempt at what I thought was some obvious sarcasm about that.

You'll see earlier in the thread I stated the object was some sort of balloon, so I was happy to see your response confirming that.

Kind regards
Sam60

[edit on 14-6-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Sam60,

Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for directing the post at you. I don't frequent this forum enough to have picked up on the joke, and so it was completely lost on me. I'm glad my previous post helped clear things up a bit.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Isn't it funny how it's mostly been weather balloons, since the late 1940s?
And don't forget the "Mylar balloons" in Mexico!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
i live in the las vegas area and have been infatuated with the light for a few days, all my friends know about it ha. but anyways i took a few shots but i cant post them for some reason but ill leave you with the links.

i877.photobucket.com...
i877.photobucket.com...
i877.photobucket.com...
i877.photobucket.com...
i877.photobucket.com...
i877.photobucket.com...
i877.photobucket.com...
i877.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I live in West Tennessee and we saw something very similar later in the night. It was about 10pm and we were just laying outside and all the sudden we saw a light get really bright, I mean really bright, and then went on about it business. It almost seemed like it literally shined down on the Earth for a moment and then turned the flood light off and carried on across the sky. It was AMAZING. We lay outside and star gaze often and see things flying across the sky alot but NEVER like that before!! This happened June 11, 2010 at 9:56 pm.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't live in AZ, I live in Manitoba, Canada, and i have seen the exact same thing, around 8:30pm~ N/NW It was just beginning to get dark, and the stars were starting to come out, when me and my friend stepped outside for a smoke. The first thing I noticed was what I assumed was a planet, venus or mars - even though it was much too bright and big, and close! I was about to remark to my friend about how insanely bright it was, and how unusually large it seemed. When it momentarily got brighter, then began to dim out rapidly. It didn't appear to move, no more than the stars do to the naked eye. Almost immediately after the object's disappearance, a small satellite was visible coming from S/SE and headed directly to where the light disappeared.

This was two days ago. Since then I have been on the internet, snooping around for some kind of explanation. Instead, I have only found puzzled people like myself - and a few weak explanations like "It's venus, or sirius the strange behaviour caused by atmospheric turbulence" Which is silly to me, although i am no authority on the optic effects of atmospheric turbulence on the observation of cosmic bodies with the naked eye.

I have just decided to repost on the subject, inviting anyone anywhere who has seen this same thing. I don't think there will be any shortage of people, after having explored the internet only a short time and not only finding this page, as well as many others, but many people who have seen the same thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am thrilled that you are all looking up and the team work needs to be applauded...this is what's needed and good job to you all especially having camera and getting pictures

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
After 6pm tonight in Phoenix, 11/17/2011... I saw the same light hovering in the south west...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
here's the link to my video: youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mcspirit

That is 100% Venus.

T.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join