It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Worried about Seattle.

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
For some reason it's very easy for me to imagine Seattle being attacked by nukes. More than any other city.

Does anyone else also feel this? And do you think it would be the city North Korea would choose to attack?




posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Honestly, Ive thought for quite a while that Seattle or Portland were the most likely next targets.

I especially could see it being portland. Considering how big of a port they are, how much tech is centered in each(intel, microsoft, apple etc), then throw in that in portland you have the Nike World headquarters, Adidas headquarters, and many other global companies, and it makes an enticing target.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Honestly, Ive thought for quite a while that Seattle or Portland were the most likely next targets.

I especially could see it being portland. Considering how big of a port they are, how much tech is centered in each(intel, microsoft, apple etc), then throw in that in portland you have the Nike World headquarters, Adidas headquarters, and many other global companies, and it makes an enticing target.


eek. i live 60 miles from portland.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
How can North Korea plant a nuke in Seattle??
No logic at all.

They certainly can't shoot it over here because it wouldn't make it even half way before shot down by US defense system. Also, underwater torpedo can't be because no submarines from other nations are allowed to enter the Pacific coast area; they won't stay undetected either....

I don't know how N Korea possible can be able to do this....?

Any creative ideas?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by thegreatobserver]



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatobserver
How can North Korea plant a nuke in Seattle??
No logic at all.

They certainly can't shoot it over here because it wouldn't make it even half way before shot down by US defense system. Also, underwater torpedo can't be because no submarines from other nations are allowed to enter the Pacific coast area; they won't stay undetected either....

I don't know how N Korea possible can be able to do this....?

Any creative ideas?

[edit on 11-6-2009 by thegreatobserver]


I hope you're right, but I have this gut feeling something is going to happen in Seattle.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If the missile has a long enough range, the most likely target on the West Coast would be Los Angeles or San Fran.
With their current "known" technology, they may be able to hit somewhere in Alaska.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm calling that it won't be able to make it over here undetected without being shot down, unless there is some "inside shenanigans" to help it over here. Yet I do feel that they can try to launch whatever they can, it will be intercepted, and the force of "Justice and Freedom" will come crashing down upon them.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
If the missile has a long enough range, the most likely target on the West Coast would be Los Angeles or San Fran.
With their current "known" technology, they may be able to hit somewhere in Alaska.


Neither LA or SF are viable targets, their air-defense is too much. A missile would not get through.

I believe anything like this would be a "suitcase" nuke anyway, though, so that does bring them back into the picture.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I believe that N Korea as well as Middle Eastern states pose no threat on US territory to such an extent (nuke).
The reason for this is that the logistics to carry out such an operation undetected are close to zero!

However, if help from the inside, the odds increase...



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Your fine..I heard that Kimmy loves Pearl Jam


[edit on 11-6-2009 by Redpillblues]



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sure. seattle is a primary target. it is a MAJOR port.

they wouldn't have to launch anything. it could be shipped here on a cargo transport.

the amount of illicit cargo coming through seattle staggers the imagination. if sex slaves and other hordes of illegal human cargo can slip by, so could a nuke.

it could be placed in one of those modular freight cars, nestled in with the thousands of others just like it. from there it could be detonated or transported to another target.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken


if sex slaves and other hordes of illegal human cargo can slip by


in seattle! you serious!



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I live downtown Seattle, about 5 blocks North of the Space Needle.

Pray for me .....



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InThisTwilight
I live downtown Seattle, about 5 blocks North of the Space Needle.

Pray for me .....


i will ... i have a cousin up there too.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think that they would be biting off a little more than they can chew. Fort Lewis, Spokane, McChord AFB, Bangor Naval Station. With the exception of Spokane, their is enough firepower stacked within 50 miles of Seattle to blow up North Korea and half of the U.S. I would be willing to bet any launch by N.K. will be seen as it happens live stream by every intelligence satellite known to man and maybe a few others, but if we are suggesting what target they would choose if there was an imminent launch I would take the long odds and go with Hawaii.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Originally posted by gravykraken


if sex slaves and other hordes of illegal human cargo can slip by


in seattle! you serious!


Portland and Seattle both have MAJOR sex/drug/weapons trade flowing through their port.

Only about 5-10% of the cargo that goes out of and comes into these ports is inspected. Remember that.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I live in Kirkland right now. I'm not worried though.

And Seattle would be a huge target not only for it's massive tech industry and shipping/fishing industry, but also we have massive naval bases here. It's a very prime target if someone wanted to hurt the US.



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Being English... I'll be safe as houses for a while!


I think that Seattle will be the target because it seems logical. Beoing is located there and take that out then you cripple American civil (and military) air power.

Of course if North Korea does nuke Seattle, at least it will kill off Fraiser Kane



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko
 


Ignore this post, similar username, mixed you up with another poster.



[edit on 11-6-2009 by XXXN3O]



posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Stop worrying about an attack right now............

Planet tectonics is about the only thing you need to worry about.
You live in a plate subduction zone along the ring of fire. The Juan De Fuca plate is working it's way under the continental plate, and really, it's over due for a major slip.

We're looking at a sub-sea earthquake that would rock the land with a major quake followed by a massive tsunami washing water over parts of British Columbia and down the coast of Washington State and Oregon.
This wave would also travel across the Pacific and cause damage to islands and eventually hit Japan and countries thousands of miles away.

Mt. Saint Helens, Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier, are also more of a concern than some weird dictator sitting on a nuke on the other side of the planet.

You're much more likely to lose your life to natural disasters than a nuke from one idiot with his suicidal finger on a button trying to make a point to other countries, (ie the USA).



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join