It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
After seeing the previews for 2012 the theories of there being something on the scope of a meteor barage seems kind of scary. I would hope that this is not why they did this but I guess we will know some day.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Update

After all that, they are now saying that the data will be available to civilians after all...

Military Seeks Common Ground with Scientists on Fireball Data Flap

Digging in on this story is not easy. Military higher-ups and the agencies involved are guarded about how potent their satellite sensors are as they stare at Earth for nuclear detonations, missile launches and the like.

In a new exclusive interview with SPACE.com, U.S. Air Force Brigadier General Robert Rego, who is in charge of the policy guidance behind the data release, said the Air Force Space Command is "circling the wagons" to close some loopholes in the dissemination of potentially sensitive information.

U.S. Congressman Dana Rohrabacher said he's monitoring the situation and expects a solution that favors the needs of scientists.

Source: space.com

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Disclaimer: As Above and still totally APT!

Explanation: You asked a question which due to my imbibing some essence of slack I completely missed until today and so I have made a thread HERE! to answer it without derailing this thread.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

<< 3  4  5   >>

join