It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British hacker "too ill" for U.S. trial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

British hacker "too ill" for U.S. trial

uk.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - A British computer expert wanted by the United States for "the biggest military hack of all time" begins a final attempt Tuesday to avoid extradition.

Lawyers for Gary McKinnon, 43, will argue in London's High Court that he is too ill to be sent to the United States for trial because he has Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism.

His defence team say he would be at risk of suicide or mental illness if he were extradited, the Press Association said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I Hope Gary gets a light sentance or trialed in the uk at least.

He only did what many if would do if we could, shame he got caught before he found damming evidence, then relased it.

I seriouslt doubt that he caused as much damage as they claim, and TBH they should have had better protection.
The chinese goverment are probably doing the same on much more of the u.s computor networks.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
He only did what many if would do if we could, shame he got caught before he found damming evidence, then relased it.

I thought we had a strict rule on ATS regarding the support of, or incitement to commit, illegal acts.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You wasted space, posting that? you could not be more off topic.

Its filler, and im sure there are many many supporters of him here.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They'll try any trick in the book to avoid extradition wont they?!?!?!

I've heard this guy speak in many interviews, didnt seem that ill to me!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is he really claiming Aspergers is the problem? That is ridiculous! LOL.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I have seen various interviews with Gary and he never 'really' gets to the bottom of what he saw, other than some "Blocky" images of a Cigar-shaped craft in Earth orbit?? Despite hacking for over two years solid.

Anything in orbit projects the illusion of being Anti-Gravitic, even a common House Brick, so what was it he saw that was so important that he faces life in Jail??

According to Gary, he never damaged anything at all, in any way and only gained access to computers without any password protection. Makes you wonder if the computers were deliberatly left without protection, disclosure would always be better coming from "someone else".

Gary is convinced that what he saw was undeniable proof of "Zero-Point-Energy" devices and associated engineering, but why??

What did Gary see????

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hey it worked for Michael Jackson...why not anyone else?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They will most certainly give him the death penalty....

They seem to have thing with this kind of punishment...

Now if only he were a US soldier than he could count on mittigating conditions....

Sorry for the rant but i've had a couple of discussions lately about US law and justice. I really have no opinion about this.......

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There still is a chance for Mckinnon, his trail lasted very long and he will get a more positive sentence with "autism" on his side...

I hope they will be acting appropiately to the case, its very sensitive information, altthough it opened my eyes for the possibilities that we are withheld from corrupt government agencies and investors.

Lets see how it turns out.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Why is that funny to you?

Before you mock the defence, why don't you look into Aspergers? If you have or indeed have Aspergers, then you would know being in that enviroment would have a massive effect on him.

I don't have Aspergers, but if I faced 60 years in a US prison for "logging on" (You can't hack something that doesn't have a password) to seek the truth, then I think I would end my life...

freegary.org.uk...

[edit] typo

[edit on 10-6-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

You appear to be both supporting and inciting illegal activity, I could care less how many think the same way.

I'll be interested to see if this is tolerated.

As for the accused, I hope he gets what's coming, and he will. The last Brit who we tried to extradite (for murder) hid at his Mom's house, but we got him in the end too.

Big difference in the way we treat criminals here, and the way you treat them. He'll live to regret his actions, matter of fact I'll bet he already is.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Im a big supporter of Gary.
And think he should stay in England and if Asperger's syndrome helps to achieve that...then so be it.

At least he had the balls to go out and try to get what most of us want..The Truth!
Instead of sitting around on forums trolling.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of the X Files series finale when Fox Mulder was on trial for breaking into a government facility and found the truth about colonization.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I can't comment on Gary's condition, but as i've said in another post, my girlfriends daughter has Asperger's, and i can outline a ton of reasons why she wouldn't cope in prison.

Heck, i love her to bits, but if she can't cope with the sudden change of an unannouced visitor coming to the front door, or having to switch buses due to the noise....imagine being thrown inside for years?

Thats just the half of it with Asperger's, worth looking into before people make judgements on Gary looking well.

I know where you are coming from though, he looks fine and more than able. So do a lot of people with Aspergers....but spend 10 minutes with them, endearing as they may be at times, you'll soon see things aren't quite right.

Prison is no place for someone who can be affected so badly by social situations.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Is he really claiming Aspergers is the problem? That is ridiculous! LOL.

My friend has Aspergers.

Don't be so quick to judge. It can be quite distressing for both him and the people around him, when he 'has his moments'.

Do you laugh people with schizophrenia too? What about Epileptics?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I just find it amazing that there has been no mention of aspergers syndrome up until this point. Now he uis fighting extradition, he suddenly develops this condition.

I may be doing him a huge dis-service, it just seems a little coincidental.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I now know why ATS puts an ignore button next to members names.

He has not been convicted of any illegal activity, so therefore this topic is not discussing any ilegal activity.

freegary.org.uk

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I support Gary wholeheartedly. He managed to embarass the people in charge here by illuminating the fact that security in the some of the highest places leaves a lot to be desired. They are the ones that should be going on trial here. If someone in a bedrtoom on dial-up can do this...imagine what the professional hackers from some enemy states are able to do?

Plus the fact that there is no reciprocal agreement for extradition....the whole thing stinks of scapegoat.

Good luck Gary!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
I just find it amazing that there has been no mention of aspergers syndrome up until this point. Now he uis fighting extradition, he suddenly develops this condition.

I may be doing him a huge dis-service, it just seems a little coincidental.

This was brought up from the very start.

If you have a look on the usual video sites then you'll be able to see many interviews over the years explaining his condition and the relevance to the extradition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join