It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo Detainee Arrives in NY for Trial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Gitmo Detainee Arrives in NY for Trial

www.military.com

June 09, 2009
Miami Herald

The Obama administration on Tuesday transferred its first Guantanamo detainee to U.S. soil by having U.S. marshals move a Tanzanian man from Guantanamo to New York City for trial on capital terror charges.

A predawn Justice Department statement said Ahmed Ghailani, about 35, was being housed in the Metropolitan Correction Center, a medium to maximum-security lockup in downtown Manhattan that has held everyone from alleged al Qaeda arch-terrorists to financier Bernard Madoff.

Ghaliani, born in Zanzibar and captured in Afghanistan, had been at a secret Sup
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well this is exciting almost at first. A War on Terror Detainee being shipped from Cuba to New York to stand trial in an American Court System where the American Press can presumable report honestly on what’s going on in the trial, where American citizens will actually judge the accused.

Exciting until you read that he stands accused of the U.S. Embassy bombing in Tanzania and is not associated in anyway shape or form with the 9-11 Terror Plot.

So what gives? Evidently you can blow up an Embassy (allegedly) and kill Americans abroad and you aren’t a threat to be brought on to U.S. soil and haven’t done anything to preclude a civilian trial even though any attack on an Embassy of any nation is considered an act of war.

However though if you were involved in 9-11 (allegedly) you are too dangerous to be housed in an American Prison and in the American Justice System in front of the American Press, and American Citizens, even though destruction of private property is considered a criminal felony not an act of war?

Why doesn’t our government really want these 9-11 Terror suspects here?

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have to say I find this all highly suspect and practically proof positive our Government is covering up and is still conspiring to cover up (Obama) the events of 9-11.

The government’s argument that these terrorists are just too dangerous to bring on to American soil goes right out the window now that they have brought an El Qaeda member involved in a violent act on U.S. Possessions in Africa to the United States to stand trial.

Clearly the Government has a real case against the man and is not afraid to try it in our normal civilian court system with all its protections and standards.

I suspect that they don’t really have a case against the people they supposedly have in custody regarding 9-11.

This War on Terror is not just a criminal act visited on people around the world, but we here in the United States as citizens and our Constitution, and our Constitutional processes appear to be the real victims, and not of El Qaeda but our own Government.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Truly a noteworthy story for anyone suspicious regarding how the War on Terror is being waged and why.

It's inconsistencies like this that should cause people to have some serious questions.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
And I still think this is an interesting story!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It is an interesting story as is this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It didn't much attention either. And look where the mod moved it too.

At least yours was allowed to stay in BAN.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Its a story we should all be paying more attention to. Considering the information gotten out of these guys was obtained by torture. And I don't mean water boarding I mean what the UK guy spoke of. One accused terrorist was returned to London sometime back... He said they had been starved, beaten, electrocuted, and cut all in order to get them to confess....

Under conditions like that I should think anyone would confess to anything.

So finally one of them is going to trial...

Lets see if it gets any mainstream coverage. .... Somehow I am doubtful but who knows.. Maybe military.com will keep us updated.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

What struck me as really odd to start out with that even though I picked up the article off of Military.com the article was written by the Miami Herald, but...I live in Miami and the article didn't even make the Herald today!

One did yesterday saying that the U.S. Marshalls would be picking him up in Cuba to take him to New York. Because Miami is so close to Cuba (90 miles) and a large number of Cubans live here, Cuban news of any kind is news here. Yet CNN nor the New York Times or anyone has made mention of this story.

I mean I know this is not as sexy as Thermite in the World Trade Center rubble, or squid shaped crop circles but come on! This reeks to high heaven here.

This is almost proof positive that we aren't being told the truth about 9-11.

Thanks for posting.

People should be aware of these developments.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Its a story we should all be paying more attention to. Considering the information gotten out of these guys was obtained by torture. And I don't mean water boarding I mean what the UK guy spoke of. One accused terrorist was returned to London sometime back... He said they had been starved, beaten, electrocuted, and cut all in order to get them to confess....

Under conditions like that I should think anyone would confess to anything.

So finally one of them is going to trial...

Lets see if it gets any mainstream coverage. .... Somehow I am doubtful but who knows.. Maybe military.com will keep us updated.

It just amazes me how far we have slid down the path to darkness since World War II. Not for anything would we consider torture of Nazis or Japanese or Italian prisoners of war, during that war.

Here we are six decades later doing the very things we condemned the Nazis, Japanese and Italians for doing to extract meaningless confessions from people who 5, 6, 7 and 8 years later have never seen the inside of a courtroom?

That's just plain wrong and plain crazy.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Oh and thanks for posting the link to that thread by the way.

Much appreciated.

top topics

join