It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Tattoos (Check This Picture Out)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Whenever you speak to a Survivalist there is usually talk of ways to identify yourself to others with the same passion. Sometimes it can be a T-shirt or a type of vehicle that gives us away.

The most perminant way to identify ourselves to each other is though markings. I am talking Tattoos, scars, things of this nature.

Do you have a Survival Marking?

Here's mine: (right forearm)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe6ee721744f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6/9/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Wow thats an interesting tattoo! I dont have any survival tats but I have 5. I dont know why but this one girls tat I know sticks out in my mind. Her back is an entire ocean scene with all ocean life that is endangered. When I first saw it I was in awe. It's beautiful! She is very into the ocean and endangered species of the ocean. Anyways...I cant wait to see other "survival tats."
S&F!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Nope. I have absolutely nothing that would point me out be be anything. I am a nobody that no one would even care to look at twice. I like it that way. I plan it that way. It is the true survival way.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Yes it is true survival that way. Don't draw attention to yourself.

Sometimes though you need at least one person to do so, then you know where to head to when times get though.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
Nope. I have absolutely nothing that would point me out be be anything. I am a nobody that no one would even care to look at twice. I like it that way. I plan it that way. It is the true survival way.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

Very wise pawn! I have plenty of tattoos, but they are all covered by clothing, and I would not have a tattoo that identified me as a part of any group.

I have heard that the Nazi's used to look for circumcisions when they were imprisoning people!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

My problem may be that there are more people looking for me than I will be looking for them. I am just not that ready to be found by friend or foe. I pick and choose those I trust and rely on very judiciously. And there are too many out there that are aware of my preparedness leanings and would want me to provide for them. Some of them are rather useless individuals. I cannot help all, so I choose to help those that will make a difference.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Spoken as a true survivalist my friend. I understand your point of view completely.

I have taken the opposite route though, I wish to save as many individuals as possible. Although on the one condition that they recognize exactly what my tattoo means.

Those who are useless can find another person to help them.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Everybody could get 666 on their right hand. That would make the non-survivalists leave you the F- alone!

:-)

I DO like the fallout symbol though. That's awesome.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Cool Tatto, I would of put a mushroom cloud on myself....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Wow thats an interesting tattoo! I dont have any survival tats but I have 5. I dont know why but this one girls tat I know sticks out in my mind. Her back is an entire ocean scene with all ocean life that is endangered. When I first saw it I was in awe. It's beautiful! She is very into the ocean and endangered species of the ocean. Anyways...I cant wait to see other "survival tats."
S&F!

Oh man....

I just totally had to delete my whole response to this because I would have gotten an extreme T&C violation!

Damn my dirty mind!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is correct about circumcisions. Tattoos were another thing they looked for. Have you ever visited a Holocaust museum? The one in DC has an interesting exhibit on it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Lol I cant even imagine...lol

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hmmmm, now I have an excuse to get another! I was running out of viable reasons
I am totally digging this concept in all seriousness. Way better than a secret handshake IMO

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

For a few months now I have been contemplating a "Deny Ignorance" Tattoo. I think it is a worthy slogan for any who understand its meaning.

Because lord knows that 95% of the people on this planet have no idea what it means.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Awesome ink! I have kinda ats related ink, a bar code on my right wrist, a mayan symbol on my left wrist, and my avatar on my back

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

You have the four horsemen on your back? That is lovely! I mean that in all seriousness, must be a wonderful piece of work.

I would show the tattoo I have on my back but I would look like a complete nerd.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KAKUSA
Cool Tatto, I would of put a mushroom cloud on myself....

I contemplated that myself, but opted for the simplistic route. Something eye catching but simple is always best for a symbol.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc837b9c7a9b.jpg[/atsimg]

hope this works, its still a work in progress, lots of hours left to

Mod Edit: Pic too large

[edit on 6-9-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
@Tentickles

I thought were female, judging by your avatar and immediately thought - wow, that's one hairy lady.

I guess i shouldn't be so judgemental

Remember to fly above or below the radar, but never on it. Why mark yourself to stand out of the crowd?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Sorry pic is so big, don't know how to size it down

top topics

<<   2 >>

join